• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

hmm the charge is still pending on my card even though I got a cancellation email.

I'm waiting on hold on the phone now since some of you guys said that our orders could be fulfilled even though we got the cancellation email. I'd just like to know for sure one way or the other so I know whether or not I should just buy the game on PSN and get it over with.

Aeana

You'd said you'd gotten a label printed, right? Did you pay for expedited shipping? I could see them allocating stock to all the orders, then rushing through to get the expedited shipping orders out the door before today's pickup regardless of order date while anyone with the standard shipping has to wait.

I got 2 day shipping. I ordered on August 13th. The label is printed, the charge was completely posted to my credit card, but it hasn't shipped yet. I'm not particularly worried right now, I just think it's odd that people who ordered last week have already had it shipped when I haven't.

madhtr

I wonder how many of the ebay auctions are from people that just got their orders canceled :)

With our luck, those will be the only people getting them. Later we'll find out that it's actually people that work at DR selling them off.

140 pages across two threads and probably 40% of those posts are about DR, their incompetence, and how much we hate their shipping. It's very frustrating, to say the least. Not how purchasing a limited edition should go, for sure.

Takuya

Banned
I got 2 day shipping. I ordered on August 13th. The label is printed, the charge was completely posted to my credit card, but it hasn't shipped yet. I'm not particularly worried right now, I just think it's odd that people who ordered last week have already had it shipped when I haven't.

Usually the case with these companies who outsource their shipping. They definitely do not ship based on FIFO, that's for sure... And that's a damned shame.

iammeiam

Yeah, you paying for a shipping upgrade throws my theory out the window. I used to do a lot of back-end eComm stuff and usually shipping types were the reason FIFO got kicked to the door. Obviously not here, though.

Same boat, except I ordered in Sept. My buddy ordered during the "restock" and got a cancellation e-mail.

I kind of wonder what other bonuses we would have gotten if everyone that ordered on the 17th had preordered on the Ninostarter.

Yeah, you paying for a shipping upgrade throws my theory out the window. I used to do a lot of back-end eComm stuff and usually shipping types were the reason FIFO got kicked to the door. Obviously not here, though.

Digital River: First In Fuck Off

SS4Rob

Ordered on 1/17 at 9:59 PST via credit card with standard shipping, received an email confirmation at 10:03 PST. A charge showed up on my card on 1/22 as pending, as is still pending as of now. If I use the Bamco order number on the UPS tracking site, I get a shipping label created on 1/23 at 5:51PM with an estimated delivery of 1/25. There are no shipping or cancellation emails in my inbox nor spam folder. My buddy however who ordered 6 minutes before I did just got a cancellation email however. What a hassle, but still being positive.

Meanwhile, Amazon had my guide here on 1/22 and I just got an email about a $2 refund. Thanks Amazon! Fingers crossed that we all get the goods!

madhtr

Same boat, except I ordered in Sept. My buddy ordered during the "restock" and got a cancellation e-mail.

I kind of wonder what other bonuses we would have gotten if everyone that ordered on the 17th had preordered on the Ninostarter.

Digital River: First In Fuck Off

And by bonuses, you mean "what else could go wrong"

Dead

well not really...yet
Holy fuck.

Just got home to find a cancellation email in my inbox

are you fucking serious?

I placed an order literally within seconds of the deal going live.

Fuck this.

zeopower6

Holy fuck.

Just got home to find a cancellation email in my inbox

are you fucking serious?

I placed an order literally within seconds of the deal going live.

Fuck this.

There were some people who got in on the 1/17 deal. I've only counted like maybe 5 though.

Was it a supervisor or floor monkey who told you this

I didn't ask to speak to a supervisor, so I'm guessing floor monkey. She looked it up and said "It's in process, you have no need to worry. It's been sent to the fulfiller and you'll be getting a separate email with tracking info soon."

Hopefully she knew what she was talking about and not just telling me what I wanted to hear.

Eusis

I'd almost bet Digital River fulfills orders based by drawing the numbers out of a hat. Certainly if they're doing it based on newest order first we wouldn't be hearing of so many 1/17 cancellation notices.

madhtr

I didn't ask to speak to a supervisor, so I'm guessing floor monkey. She looked it up and said "It's in process, you have no need to worry. It's been sent to the fulfiller and you'll be getting a separate email with tracking info soon."

Hopefully she knew what she was talking about and not just telling me what I wanted to hear.

I was told almost literally the same thing, so it is sounding like a script to me...

I'd almost bet Digital River fulfills orders based by drawing the numbers out of a hat.

They probably throw the packing slips on the floor and choose from that. They have one person who chooses only ones to cancel, of course.

That's what they told me too

Then when I spoke to a Manager, they sang a different song

I ordered 5 minutes after the restock if that helps

I haven't received any emails from DR/CN at all. That fact, along with the UPS 2day shipping label showing my City & State, give me a little extra confidence that my order will go through. But still, crossing my fingers.

madhtr

Well, I still have all of my money, a packing slip saying it'll ship soon, no cancel/ship email, and when I talked to them, they said it'd go in 24-48 hours... which is shitty, in it's own right.

I just want this over with one way or the other.

That's what they told me too

Then when I spoke to a Manager, they sang a different song

I ordered 5 minutes after the restock if that helps

Nooooooo come on! Ugh. I have a confirmation email at 1:02 (EST). Can't believe they sold them that fast. That 5 restock quantity rumor doesn't seem too ridiculous.

bender

What time is it?
Any idea what their customer service hours are? 55 minutes on hold. Maybe the fulfill their call queues like their customer orders. :p

Jessicat

Dunno where you peeps are calling, but I'm in Canada and not sure I want to rack up a crazy phone bill with idiots leaving me on hold and telling me generic messages that I want to hear and may not be accurate to my situation :/ Is there an email I can spam or something instead? XD

NeededSleep

Same as you but ordered in july. I just checked ups tracking and it finally left the facility. Really thinking about complaining considering I paid for 2 day shipping aswell. Really feel bad for those who got screwed over here :(

Just checked my order status again. Now I have ANOTHER order number in my order history. It's for $68.85 and it says "Order Unsubmitted."

So now I have my regular order "Order in Process" with $118.11 next to it. Then under that, I have "Order Unsubmitted" with no value next to it.

WUT? Anyone else?

iammeiam

Any idea what their customer service hours are? 55 minutes on hold. Maybe the fulfill their call queues like their customer orders. :p

There are a bunch of articles from 2009 when Digital River decided to go ahead and outsource most of their customer service to some company called Sitel. The good news is that it probably means they have 24/7 customer service; the bad news is that it drastically discounts how much you can really trust the rep's word since... not actually DR employees.

So now I feel even worse for the call center people.

you guys are going nowhere talking to customer service rep. go find someone who's waaaay up that corporate ladder and complain to them. too bad they don't have twitter and not everyone here has linkedins.

Wereroku

I was on hold for 48 I gave up and I am just going to go to bed. I hope Namco does another print run for people this is just really trashy.

Nooooooo come on! Ugh. I have a confirmation email at 1:02 (EST). Can't believe they sold them that fast. That 5 restock quantity rumor doesn't seem too ridiculous.

Just went to look since mine did ship today (have tracking info). I placed the order on the 17th and my confirmation email is noon CST on the dot.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I ordered on the 17th at 12:30 CST. Must have sold out real quick. Luckily, I already had the regular edition ordered from Amazon. It's to bad this great game will be remembered by many people for this clusterfuck.

chrono01

There seems to be no method at all to their shipping. It's as though they have all invoices stapled to a bulletin board, tie a blindfold around their eyes, and toss darts. Whichever ones they strike are the orders they fulfill.

I pre-ordered mine on August 22nd [Canada] and it's still only saying that the label has been printed. No email, no nothing.

This is infuriating.

Holy Batman! The regular edition of the game is sold out on Amazon as well as the guide.

Same deal with EBGames.ca. O_O

Yeah I've been on hold for 45 mins now, I'm just going to hang up and buy the PSN version. If I end up getting the WE too than oh well.

Top Bottom