• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Dear Customer:

Digital River is very sorry for the problems you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Regretfully, we must inform you that because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. As a result, we were unable to fulfill your order because it was placed after the stock was depleted. You will receive an official order cancellation notice within 24-48 hours.

We want you to know that Digital River does not take this situation lightly. We are implementing process improvements to prevent this issue from happening again and are committed to regaining your trust. While we can't replace your order for the Wizard's Edition, we hope that you will accept this one-time-use coupon code for $20 off (valid through March 31, 2013) on any item from clubNAMCO. Please feel free to shop today for one of your favorite NAMCO BANDAI games or pre-order Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. We are confident your next experience with us will be a good one.

Fuck you DR.

Mudron

After an hour waiting for their customer service guys to pick up, I finally talked to someone who said that my order was in the process of being shipped and that I was guaranteed to (eventually) receive my order.

Who knows if any of that was the truth, but I guess I'll find out in the next few days.

iammeiam

I'm now debating just picking up a copy of Ni no Kuni DS because the only thing in the WE I really, really wanted was the book. I think it has furigana everywhere? So as a bonus I could frustrate myself trying to dredge some usefulness out of the year and a half of Japanese I took back in the late 90s.

Erekiddo

No cancellation email or shipping email. My card is charged and shipping label created. I'm assuming they're just swamped, but yeah, this is a bit ridiculous.

zeopower6

Ironic the page for the WE is showing in stock once again. Digital River is one sad shit company.

Does Digital River know what the fuck "SOLD OUT" means?

FXgxjxH.jpg

Idiots.

Note: This said nothing of the sort earlier today.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I responded to @Namcogames tweet instead. With this being oversold, a second run on the Wizards Edition is our only hope even if it is a slim possibility.

I feel like Namco should do something, at the very least to those who had to deal with DR and their shenanigans. DR represents Namco so in my view DR's mistakes are Namco's.

zeopower6

I guess if they do put more into production, it should at least be enough to fulfill the hundreds (?) of orders that were canceled. Why even open up orders again if barely any went through?

rich from namco told me this hours prior to the re-stock announcement:

"on it and MADE IT Happen! Our whole team really came together! Thanks for letting me know ur interest:)"

wtf does that even mean now?

graywolf323

I apparently lucked out and didn't get that email (ordered within a minute of it going live on the restock) but my friend got the email and he ordered 4 minutes after it went live

this entire thing seems like a really bad SNAFU

edit: nvm found the email in my spam folder... wtf? did they cancel all the orders placed on the 17th?

bender

What time is it?
Funny, at least they aren't allowing additional orders.

They couldn't tell me anything about my order but knew of "ongoing issues". They said as long as there were no payment issues the order should be fulfilled. I'm guessing since my order number doesn't yield results on UPS, I'm out of luck. I'd normally be upset about this kind of thing but it's been too bad of a day to stress over this. At least I'll get to play the game sooner now.

I feel like Namco should do something, at the very least to those who had to deal with DR and their shenanigans. DR represents Namco so in my view DR's mistakes are Namco's.

Only four responses to their tweet so far. Not that a twitter campaign is going to fix this mess but it's worth a shot. Hopefully people don't fly too far off the handle.

I am pissed. I asked their CS that he cancel my ninostarter order and make sure that new one will be fullfiled. He say that my letter will be escalate to another department (and this take 2-3 days) and all will be good.

Mzo

I apparently lucked out and didn't get that email (ordered within a minute of it going live on the restock) but my friend got the email and he ordered 4 minutes after it went live

Check your spam folder, my cancellation email was filtered.

Eusis

I think the worst thing about this is how long it took to say they were canceled. Would any of us have cared as much if they did this, say, on Friday? At least we'd know not to expect anything when the game came out.

Aeana

I think the worst thing about this is how long it took to say they were canceled. Would any of us have cared as much if they did this, say, on Friday? At least we'd know not to expect anything when the game came out.

Especially now that the game is sold out in most places.
At least it's on PSN, but that doesn't help people with data caps.

Seems doubtful.

I'm actually expecting UPS to drop off the package in 3 weeks laced with anthrax (after I pay an extra $50 canada bux for importing)

Wait, we have to sign off or something? I am so new to this, I have no idea what to expect. Do I have to tip?

Neverfade

I got a cancellation email tonight.

Website says In process.

Ordered 1/17 right at 1 EST/10 PST.

Bank account has had a charge pending since 1/22 but the transaction details date it 1/23.

And then there's this thread.

3ZiDp85.jpg

bgbball31

Ahh Digital River, never change. Feel sorry for all of those that got their pre-order cancelled. DR was part of the reason I didn't go for this. Piece of junk company back when I dealt with them in the past, and apparently no better now.

Hope it works out everyone.

Dead

well not really...yet
I got a cancellation email tonight.

Website says In process.

Ordered 1/17 right at 1 EST/10 PST.

Bank account has had a charge pending since 1/22 but the transaction details date it 1/23.

And then there's this thread.

3ZiDp85.jpg
Yeah, exact same boat

Lucent

Wait, we have to sign off or something? I am so new to this, I have no idea what to expect. Do I have to tip?

I guess Canada has to pay some extra fees for stuff imported from the US. You don't have to give UPS or USPS people any tips for delivering your packages. They just want you to sign so they can hop back on their trucks and get to their next destination.

chidrock

So yeah...eBay...think these prices are going to last? I really got my hopes up about getting this and I'm wondering if the prices will settle over a month or two. (I don't usually pay attention to the aftermarket on this stuff)

zeopower6

I'm sure there's a perfectly cromulent explanation.

dsr2LEH.png

I particularly like the big red CANCEL button and "?" shipping.

So yeah...eBay...think these prices are going to last? I really got my hopes up about getting this and I'm wondering if the prices will settle over a month or two. (I don't usually pay attention to the aftermarket on this stuff)

After this, they will probably go even higher.

As for eBay though... one good thing is that scalpers who bought a new one via the 1/17 stock and tried selling on eBay have another thing coming to them now, lol.

I guess Canada has to pay some extra fees for stuff imported from the US. You don't have to give UPS or USPS people any tips for delivering your packages. They just want you to sign so they can hop back on their trucks and get to their next destination.

What if I'm not home? I go pick it up? What if they leave it on the doorstep and it gets stolen? Too stressed, why didn't I just go regular? Sigh.

TentPole

edit: nvm found the email in my spam folder... wtf? did they cancel all the orders placed on the 17th?

Nope

I ordered on the 17th and have my package in route to arrive tomorrow by the end of the day. Sorry!

None of those eBayers actually have the product in hand yet. Seems fishy.

Lucent

What if I'm not home? I go pick it up? What if they leave it on the doorstep and it gets stolen? Too stressed, why didn't I just go regular? Sigh.

Depends. Living in an apartment complex, they usually drop it off at the apartment office if you're not home. They tend not to leave it at your door (from my experience). If I'm not home, they leave it at the apartment office.

If you have a house: They'll usually leave a note on your door saying they attempted to deliver and what they or you can do to get it. Like if they'll attempt again the next day or if you will have to pick it up from a UPS store or something.

Depends. Living in an apartment complex, they usually drop it off at the apartment office if you're not home. They tend not to leave it at your door (from my experience). If I'm not home, they leave it at the apartment office. They'll usually leave a note on your door saying they attempted to deliver and what they or you can do to get it. Like if they'll attempt again the next day or if you will have to pick it up from a UPS store or something.

Thank you

madhtr

Someone from USA can call to CS and ask about my order? : D

As a CS representative, I can tell you that your order is heading to our fulfiller and that it'll be shipping in the next 24-48 hours, and just ignore the cancellation notice... we sent that to everyone for fun.

Thanks,
John Q. Devil

Lucent

Thank you

No problem. I'm just glad it's not Fed-Ex. They seem to not care. I had a Fed-Ex guy and UPS guy deliver packages to my place in the same day (ordered books) and the Fed-Ex guy knocked ONCE and left the package by my door and he saw me as I opened it while getting in his truck. UPS guy showed up an hour later and he knocked 3 times and waited long enough for me to open the door and take it.

As a CS representative, I can tell you that your order is heading to our fulfiller and that it'll be shipping in the next 24-48 hours, and just ignore the cancellation notice... we sent that to everyone for fun.

Thanks,
John Q. Devil

Haha. Thanks I hope so, because my order was made near 20 minutes before sold out (on 17/01).

graywolf323

Nope

I ordered on the 17th and have my package in route to arrive tomorrow by the end of the day. Sorry!

what's the time stamp on your order email?

I looked it up and I was off (not within a minute) but I ordered at 1:03PM EST so 3 minutes after it went live

Correct, they're waiting like us lol

Yup. I counted 50+ complete listing for the WE where each were over $200. Crazy that some bidders are committing their money to a product that isn't in the seller's hands.

Wait a minute. Didn't we do the same with NiNoStarter?! o_O

Top Bottom