• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II King's & Prince's Editions revealed (Game will have a season pass)

Soar

Thanks for the head's up, Pre-ordered the King's Edition. Glad we got the same edition as the EU. Now the long wait begins...

Same here. Love the idea of the music box, no idea what to do with the vinyl but the box is quite nice. Will be a good contrast to Nier:A's blackbox.

prateeko

Stupid Game and ShopTo. No matter how hard I try (PayPal, CC, etc) I cannot check out on their dumbass websites. I need an EU miracle!

digdug2k

Does this come out soon somewhere? I saw it on the PS store yesterday under "Coming soon" and got excited. Then when I opened it, it said "Coming in 360 days" or something.

Hesh

I remember the first CE's fiasco. Didn't a fair amount of them get damaged in the mail and/or people had orders cancelled? I'm glad they have Amazon as an option to buy from this time, hopefully it goes more smoothly.

From what I remember, I think pre-orders were capped, but not before scalpers bought dozens, if not hundreds of them, and then promptly put them up for sale on eBay long before the game even came out at a considerably higher premium since Namco-Bandai was no longer offering pre-orders.

Right now , for me , and for me ( i repeat ) the game hasn't earned a season pass.

When i'll finish it and i'll want more , then it'll be time to decide if it's worth it.
The pre-order things look worthless already so i'm not too worried

Yikes, £99 for the Prince edition? Yuck. I only want the steelbook out of all that. £150 for the King edition seems like a better bargain (though I don't have room--or want--for all that shit anyway).

Guess I'll be waiting to buy it digitally over 12 days of XMas 2018, lol

Going to take the wait-and-see approach for the DLC but I hope it's sweet and substantial.

The CE looks pretty packed with that BTS blu-ray, CD, and especially the artbook, but... Gah, as nice as they look, I think I'm fine with just the game.
Especially at 200-300 CAD.
Hopefully a full OST and artbook are released separately at some point down the road; I'd be down for that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Will the collector's edition be available on EBgames or Amazon.ca?

if not then...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

RPGCrazied

I mean, $200 is robbery for this(still getting it, love jRPG CE's), but who in their right mind buy it for $500 on eBay?

I don't normally bother with these expensive collectors editions anymore but I caved on this one and made an exception for the King's Edition.

Game,
Steelbook,
Season Pass,
148 Page Art Book,
Making of Blu-ray,
Vinyl Record Soundtrack,
King's Diorama Rotating Music Box,
Collectors Box with great art work.

Seems like they actually put some thought into this one and it looks fantastic.

Not feeling the US Collectors Edition as much, shame they didn't just make the King's Edition for everywhere.

Definitely seems like this has effort in there. Hopefully the end result lives up to my current expectations.

Pre-ordered from two different places. Never trust one source to not mess up. Amazon messed up my TLG CE so badly I'm not keen to try them again! GAME needs no words and shopto I haven't used all that these days to know if they're reliable or not with CEs now. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Raw64life

I think scalpers are going to be disappointed. It lasted about 20 hours on Amazon and you can still get it on Namco's store and some other places.

Definitely seems like this has effort in there. Hopefully the end result lives up to my current expectations.

Pre-ordered from two different places. Never trust one source to not mess up. Amazon messed up my TLG CE so badly I'm not keen to try them again! GAME needs no words and shopto I haven't used all that these days to know if they're reliable or not with CEs now. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Shopto are normally decent, used them many times before.

I pre-ordered yesterday, smh. I'm going g to have to think long and hard about the Collectors edition. I really only want half the stuff in the box.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I'd never call it a shitty whatever he just said.

And my statement still stands. I really hate how companies are making their CE's more and more expensive. Pretty soon CE's will cost as much as a brand new console.

I mean, nobody is gonna pay 500 bucks for this (at least I hope). Just because scalpers want that money, it doesn't mean they'll get it. I get the impression that both the US and EU CEs stocks aren't that limited. And it hasnt't even been up on the European Amazons and the Bamco store yet.
Also, I think the deal for the EU CE isn't that bad. Steelbook game with season pass, vinyl (one track only though...), artbook, diorama and nice packaging for 150€? Square-Enix would have charged 100 more (plus 30€ shipping).

RPGCrazied

I mean, nobody is gonna pay 500 bucks for this (at least I hope). Just because scalpers want that money, it doesn't mean they'll get it. I get the impression that both the US and EU CEs stocks aren't that limited. And it hasnt't even been up on the European Amazons and the Bamco store yet.
Also, I think the deal for the EU CE isn't that bad. Steelbook game with season pass, vinyl (one track only though...), artbook, diorama and nice packaging for 150€? Square-Enix would have charged 100 more (plus 30€ shipping).

Yeah, but I'm getting the NA version. I wish I could have that music box, but what can ya do? Better then nothing I suppose. And yeah, if it was SE, it would be a store exclusive for double this price.

Top Bottom