• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II King's & Prince's Editions revealed (Game will have a season pass)

TrojanAg

Should I feel ok ordering the King's Edition from GAME and having it shipped from the UK to the US? Price wouldn't be too different from getting the US version of the CE since Amazon doesn't discount CEs anymore, but I'm wondering if people have had bad experiences with them.

Peagles

That's what it says for the pc version for me.

When you try to confirm your order? Mine says it won't ship to NZ on the product page but still allows me to order, it's a regular thing for Amazon UK. I've received all my orders that have said that too, for what it's worth.

Should I feel ok ordering the King's Edition from GAME and having it shipped from the UK to the US? Price wouldn't be too different from getting the US version of the CE since Amazon doesn't discount CEs anymore, but I'm wondering if people have had bad experiences with them.

They're fine unless until something goes wrong (damaged or missing item for example), then they're terrible... useless, rude, and unhelpful. In most cases you'd be fine. I wasn't able to order this from them, however, because they blocked my payment (it has happened to a few people outside of the UK), so your order might not go through anyway.

I must admit I'm quite jealous of the EU Kings Edition. That diorama/music box is soooooo pretty and if the main theme is anything like the first games main theme it'll be such a beautiful score. The artbook appears to be larger/hardcover compared to the NA CE as well and just like with the Tales series CE's I always prefer the clean/simplistic/stylish outer boxes Bamco EU gives compared to the square, PS4 logo'd boxes NA gets.

Having said the above I will be getting the NA CE as I missed the CE for the first game and am really sad because I adored the game and certainly don't want to miss out of this one. With the 15% off coupon and no taxes the total on the Namco store was $180 with shipping and pre-orders from their store come with a free physical map so I'm pretty happy overall. I do hope the NA mechanical diorama plays music too though or I'll be pretty sad.

If I were to order from here, would I get German contents or are these things typically in English over there?

Recent CEs from Bandai Namco in Europe are usually multilingual like the Nintendo ones. Dark Souls 3 CE for example had all rating logos, even the russian, and the text on the packaging in different languages.

The content is always atleast in english, from what I can tell. The book from the first Ni No Kuni CEs was in english in all versions for example.

Here's the AmazonDe link without some seller's tag: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B074N5YM4N/

What do you mean? There is no reflink on mine. I always cut them out.

Do German retailers generally obtain German language specific promotional photos and end up shipping Collector's Editions in the English language?

If companies like Bandai Namco or Nintendo only produce one version for all Europe, what else should they do? The german language is included on the packaging, but other languages aswell.

PSFan

In for US collector's edition on Amazon. Wish we got the King's Edition here though, I like that diorama much better.

I wonder if or how limited the EU one is. The US is nice that it's numbered. Amazon have sold out very quickly. It is rather weird how they'd be 2 different limited editions (by quite a bit) by region.

Gunkankun

Usually isn't on the actual cover, but for the CE box it should be in several languages.
Often the big five (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish).

Totally fine with the cover being German, as long as the included items are in English atleast :). Anyway, preordered! Thanks for replying.

Why did my pc king edition ring up at 116.66 GBP before shipping? They must discount special editions in the UK. Wahoo!

I prefer the ps4 edition, but PC will do just fine. I can't not have a special edition of a Ni No Kuni game. My first special edition is still collecting dust on my shelf.

Top Bottom