• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II postponed until Jan 19 2018

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Whelp .. that sucks .. was looking forward to this later in the year as there's little games that interest me in Q4.

02QrNwJ.png
Lol ace combat,ni no kuni 2, naruto strikers all delayed to early 2018

Osahi

I'm actually okay with this. In january I'd actually have the time to finish it without other hot releases intervening.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, this year was to me wasn't going to happen. Its only a 2 month delay, wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hey Bamco I will forgive you if you reveal the new "Dawn" One Piece game in 2017, deal?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Why even bother to announce a release date everyone knew you wouldn't be able to fulfill?

Audioboxer

As this trend continues one can only assume publishers keep putting the stupid deadlines on games. It's getting rarer and rarer these days any game actually comes out when it says it will. To the tune of MULTIPLE delays quite often. Yes, games development is more complex than ever, but so many games get it incredibly wrong.

The sinister part of me thinks publishers do it to get the pre-orders racked up early, then bait and switch and announce the "real" release date after a few months of incoming pre-orders.

As always, when it's ready, it's ready. Nothing worse than a broken mess on launch, or the launch release missing "half" the game which gets patched in later (or just left out indefinitely).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Painful, but at least now it doesn't have to fight and split the vote on Persona 5 in those RPG GOTY fights.

Nooooooooooooooo😱😱😱😱😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😢😢😢😢😵😵🤒🤒🤢🤢

Stupidly stacked first half on ps4 again goddammit.

Toth

Not shocked as it didn't seem 'ready' based upon what we had seen. The release window didn't do it any favors either. Still Day 1!

Weebos

Banned
Honestly I was already disappointed with what I had seen, hopefully this will give them the time they need.

Not that they're going to add the monster catching and training back in though.

Raw64life

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Got to play this at E3 and became extremely hyped for it.

Was my second most anticipated fall game after Mario Odyssey. Not anymore I guess.

Thank goodness, to be honest. Even though I'm not that interested in the holiday slate, I think this is the right move for NNK2 and it's not like 2017 has had (or will have) a shortage of games to play.

Ridley327

Painful, but at least now it doesn't have to fight and split the vote on Persona 5 in those RPG GOTY fights.

Persona 5 is probably going to have a tough fight with Nier Automata as it is, and I wouldn't be at all shocked if some people try to give it to BotW with how much that blurs the lines of what genre it belongs to.

jett

D-Member
I'll never not be amused by Japan's exaggerated apology culture. But hey, good for them, January is a better time to release this game anyway, instead of getting buried during the holiday season.

NSESN

I would be playing Pokemon anyway so I am not wortied. If anything they were crazy for having a november date to begin with.

Low key good news.

Polish it up and put it into a position where it's more likely to succeed rather than die in the chaos that is the fall.

Lucreto

Good for my wallet.

So I only have the Uncharted and Horizon DLC, Mordor and Assassin's Creed for the rest of the year.

How come there's a trend of Japanese deva releasing videos to apologize for delays, compared to the usual western dev move of have the PR team send an email to press with the new release date? Is it just cause honor and shame are huge parts of it?

Top Bottom