• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NI-OH Alpha Demo Available Until May 5 - Prepare to Die A Lot

Shifty

I'm super in for this demo, winning things by participating makes anything better.

That is pretty much the obliteration technique from Ninja Gaiden but incorporated into the combo and parry now. No doubt Nioh is borrowing from souls game but the combat looks more akin to Ninja Gaiden than most thinks.

Damn I hope so. Saw a bunch of Ninja Gaiden stuff in that video, and I want it bad. The scene with the axe and the flaming archer looked Souls as all get out though.

Also,
J2GnbFm.gif
Is that... A ghost fish? In a Team Ninja game?

Lingitiz

I'm really intrigued by this, hope it turns out well.

I'm super in for this demo, winning things by participating makes anything better.

Damn I hope so. Saw a bunch of Ninja Gaiden stuff in that video, and I want it bad. The scene with the axe and the flaming archer looked Souls as all get out though.

Also,

LOL still have nightmares from those damn things.

Mr. Tibbs

What a cool surprise! I definitely want to check this out. Does anyone know when this iteration of the project began entered development?

GeoramA

Very cool. Glad I don't have to create a Japanese account to download it. Sony's third-party relations guys deliver again.

Raitaro

Sweet spot!

After DKS3 b4 Uncharted 4

Most shit spot ever, for me at least!

Right after I start moving to Germany from the UK and am smack in the middle of my 4 week PS4-less waiting period at my parents' place halfway (in The Netherlands) before we can move onwards into our new place and the movers deliver our stuff.

Between this and Dark Souls III coming out just before our move, I'm getting a strong urge to try and take my PS4 with me as hand luggage on our flight out of the UK...though part of me does still care it might not survive the trip.

Me and my bad luck with timing...

Also,

like 4 ghost fish counted in that gif. That is a lot less than i remembered in 2. I wonder what will be the off-screen RPG spamming ninjas equivalent in Nioh.

Drencrom

No way the game will look this good on PS4, they'll definitely downgrade it for better fps.

Why do you think that and why would they deceive graphics wise? The demo/alpha will go public in just a few weeks too so it would be pointless at this stage.

AzureFlame

Why do you think that and why would they deceive graphics wise? The demo/alpha will go public in just a few weeks too so it would be pointless at this stage.

Downgrades happened alot, i heard they want 60fps with this one and i don't think they can without sacrificing the visuals.

If the demo runs at 60fps with these visuals ill be shocked.

Final Fantasy XV and NioH demos in 2016.

Thise two rekindling the lost art of demo. Something kinda fitting about that considering their shared long gestations.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
With all the mega titles coming out this year, this has a chance to be a real sleeper. Can't wait! Really wanna see how that demo plays.

Skilletor

I don't understand the Dark Souls comparisons. Looks pretty much like Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha had a love child to me.

Why do people say it looks like a Souls game other than people saying everything looks like one now?

Zukkoyaki

I don't understand the Dark Souls comparisons. Looks pretty much like Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha had a love child to me.

Why do people say it looks like a Souls game other than people saying everything looks like one now?
Art direction (dark fantasy) I'd say.

Mdk7

The gameplay? You don't fight multiple enemies like that in Ninja Gaiden, almost luring them out one after another. In NG you fight them all as a group, and the action is way faster. Some animation clearly come from that, yet I do see many resemblances to the Souls series while looking at the trailer.

ephemeral

This looks amazing, but am I the only one who's a bit bothered with how you can block arrows and large boulders of stone using the grip of a weapon?

Skilletor

Art direction (dark fantasy) I'd say.

I guess I can see it.

The gameplay? You don't fight multiple enemies like that in Ninja Gaiden, almost luring them out one after another. In NG you fight them all as a group, and the action is way faster. Some animation clearly come from that, yet I do see many resemblances to the Souls series while looking at the trailer.

That's why it looks like Onimusha to me, or 1v1 boss fights in NG.

Zaventem

Downgrades happened alot, i heard they want 60fps with this one and i don't think they can without sacrificing the visuals.

If the demo runs at 60fps with these visuals ill be shocked.

This game doesnt look all that impressive in the graphics area.

Kudo

I remember someone mentioned that the Alpha demo trailer didn't have as much gore and dismemberment as the earlier trailers, so while I was looking at the video again I stumbled on some information about that:

That's Team Ninja Studios official Youtube channel, so apparently the gore is just toned down for Japan.
The video on their channel with the comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3yBR4cYP0

Kalentan

I remember someone mentioned that the Alpha demo trailer didn't have as much gore and dismemberment as the earlier trailers, so while I was looking at the video again I stumbled on some information about that:

That's Team Ninja Studios official Youtube channel, so apparently the gore is just toned down for Japan.
The video on their channel with the comment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3yBR4cYP0

Was going to make a thread on this. Very interesting. I wonder why there is less gore or no gore in the Japanese version?

Just watched the trailer. Looks great. Also:

EvzrQqw.png

Is beard new? Looks hot.

Maybe it's just me... But he doesn't look Japanese. At all. Doesn't this take place in Japan or at least a fantasy world that looks like Japan?

nah man it's just like Ninja Gaiden!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DniduJ-ABMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLJ5vXH5yb4

....on valium, with lock on, with a behind the back camera, no mobility, barely any moves, boring combos, and 3 enemies at a time.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Nice!!! A new Onimusha type game. About damn time. Game looks further along than I thought it was. Hopefully, it gets released later this year in NA.

Kudo

Hyped to try this out!
Anyone know what time does PSN Store update for demos etc. can I be on lookout at 00:00 and hope for the best or is there set time?

Top Bottom