• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nicolas Cage is...DRACULA!

ManaByte

Now, in a deal sealed with a vampire’s kiss, Cage is returning to a big-studio movie and will play the meaty role of Dracula in Universal Pictures’ monster movie Renfield.

Nicholas Holt is starring as the titular character, the vampire count’s infamous acolyte and henchman, in the feature directed by Chris McKay, the helmer behind Amazon’s The Tomorrow War and The Lego Batman Movie.

Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

Lets Go GIF

RAÏSanÏa

"the project is described as a modern-day adventure story that is comedic in tone."

It would have to be.

"Ryan Ridley, known for Fox’s Ghosted and Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty, penned the script based on an original story outline from Robert Kirkman."

The mainstream Cageaissance begins..,
Article mentions another film too

"seeds of a comeback and renaissance were planted when Lionsgate bought and then made The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, in which Cage plays an actor named Nic Cage who is trying to navigate the paths of indie and studio moviemaking while also acting as a CIA informant ensconced in a drug lord’s jungle compound. The buzz on the movie, which is in the test screening phase ahead of an April 2022 release"

Winter John

Gold Member
Well it can't be worse than that last adaptation. That Brit one that started off great then went straight down the shitter when he washed up on the beach 200 years later. I still don't understand how anyone can fuck an adaptation of Dracula that badly

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Enjay

Banned
someone actually conceptualized, wrote and shot this and it was perfectly normal...
bear-nic-cage.gif
And bless them for it. I wish I could see everyone's mind's eye captured on screen no matter what positive/negative batshit fuckery or fever dreams inspired them.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Pig was an excellent movie. The guy clearly enjoys acting and doesnt see any meaning in life beyond doing his craft. He'd rather act in a shit movie than be unemployed drinking himself to embarrassment. I respect that.

Cyberpunkd

Pig was an excellent movie. The guy clearly enjoys acting and doesnt see any meaning in life beyond doing his craft. He'd rather act in a shit movie than be unemployed drinking himself to embarrassment. I respect that.
He is still drinking himself to embarrassment and probably feels rather sad about his life, but I respect his work ethic - I guess part of it is the same as Liam Neeson that said acting in action flicks helps take his mind away from his tragically-deceased wife.

'Color out of space' was mad shit fun.

Top Bottom