• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata has developed quite the fan art following already *Keep it SFW*

PBalfredo

erm... please enjoy this Popola and Devola and ignore my Freudian slip!

TGvzxVC.jpg

source

Orcastar

Just started this game recently. We ever told why they wear blindfolds?

The in-universe explanation is that they're visors. Which doesn't make any goddamn sense since the characters are androids that could just as easily have HUDs and things built into their eyes.

The real reason is symbolism.

Gbraga

I do think there's more to it in-universe, but it's never directly stated. They give you something to work with, but you'll just have to settle for your own interpretation.

13ruce

Banned
The in-universe explanation is that they're visors. Which doesn't make any goddamn sense since the characters are androids that could just as easily have HUDs and things built into their eyes.

The real reason is symbolism.

Well eyes can show emotion so maybe also that?

Without those heels isn't 2b not that much taller than 9s?

Yep, they're around the same height.

You know, I love 2B X 9S but I feel like 90% of the fanart is like 2B X 9S haha.

I kind of expected it, since both in game (weapon stories, sidequests) and out of it, (novellas, concert scripts) they have a lot of material dedicated to their relationship.

But I did notice A2 carving a space for herself. After all, she is our hero. I've collected a good amount of nice pieces since I was rereading the Stage Play and was feeling endeared.

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

I feel like most of my contributions are stubby based lol.

Stubby content is good content. :)

Anyway, I saw in one of the other fanart threads that it's better to double/triple post when you have a lot of pictures to share for the page's sake, so when I find a cool, new artist to present, I will definitely do that.

Also, uh, I guess I should also post some nice pics I've found.

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

(Source)

Philippo

These are some beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing,

Here's another excellent artist. Jennygin2 on twitter has done a plenthora of very well composed and detailed linearts.

jennygin2 feature part 2

Some A+++ cosplay ideas. I wish we got more costume DLC.

jennygin2 feature part 3

More great costumes.

jennygin2 feature part 4

jennygin2 feature final part

This artist is soo good!

Kvik

2B & 9S looks great. They really worked on the embroidery for 2B's skirt and 9S shirt.

A2 looks great too, but perhaps rather too clean in my opinion. She needs to be more dirty and disheveled in the most sexiest way possible.

Top Bottom