• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata hits 7.5m Sales

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Wait … GoW sold 10 m in 3 weeks?
Yeah but that's like an avengers movie in terms of cinema, this is like the equivalent of Dredd pulling 500 million box office. Not a guaranteed thing it lacked the marketing hype and established ravenous fanboys that where declaring it GOTY before it even released in notable numbers.

This game had to work via word of mouth based on it just being a good game, and more importantly one that understands that it can tell a story differently from just making a digital movie with combat in between because it's a game.

Last edited:
Great. But this game came out 5 years ago. FIVE. It's not even a AAA game, it's an AA game. Where's the next one?? Goddamn this generation has been so fucking dry.

Thabass

It's good, but no game can compete with Kingdom Hearts II when it comes to pure action rpg mechanics and content.
Sure there can be competition: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, which I believe felt better than KHII and I loved KHII's fluidity.
Wow that's really impressive! This CAN continue!

Day 1 for Ni3R.
Yes please. I just need a new NieR game in my life. Replicant, Reincarnation, and Automata has been so great. I can't wait to see what a new NieR (or Drakengard) would look like.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yes please. I just need a new NieR game in my life. Replicant, Reincarnation, and Automata has been so great. I can't wait to see what a new NieR (or Drakengard) would look like.
We need Drakengard 4, we need Accord.
accord-nier.gif

At very least they need to remake Drakengard 3, this the game absolutely needs remake.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I really like both Nier games. The games have cool art and great music. I enjoyed Automata on PS4. I got it for Switch. The mobile game was good for a while. They really nailed the music in these games.

I hope they continue. I wonder if we’ll get Nier before Kingdom Hearts IV comes out.

This is a game I keep meaning to get back to. Does the rest of the game have epic stuff going on or is it just one hell of an opening. I was blown away by the beginning, the game changing genres on the fly, and the boss battle.

Thabass

Seriously wtf made this one take off with normies?
It sure is a complete mystery:

39rlx774akd91.png

We need Drakengard 4, we need Accord.
accord-nier.gif

At very least they need to remake Drakengard 3, this the game absolutely needs remake.

I never played the Drakengard games. I really need to get on that...but it will have to be after Tears of the Kingdom.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Haha do you remember the fans being so worried this was going to bomb super hard? I was one.
I’m big Drakengard/NieR fanboy, I also never thought it would be this popular.

I love Yoko Taro games but they pretty niche.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I didn't think I would like this game. It's nothing like I normally play. But something about pulled me in and I ended up really enjoying it.

Top Bottom