• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata mentioning a PS+ requirement

Hektor

A few months ago in an Interview from Novacrystallis:

Nova Crystallis: Since we have two main characters experiencing the story together and since it’s an action game I wondered if you considered including a multiplayer mode.

Yosuke Saito: There is no real direct multiplayer or co-op mode, but we are thinking about a certain connection between players. We can’t get into details right now, but there will be some connectivity.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...view-exploring-the-world-of-platinums-latest/

Now some nifty people spotted a new PS+ requirement on Nier Automata's japanese PSN page

wGJ2m0v.png

http://nier2.com/blog/2016/11/09/eye-opening-insignias-and-dreams-of-multiplayer-goodness/

So since games like Journey or No Man's Sky do not require PS+, can we assume that there is going to be something more substantial in this game? Maybe some proper Taro fuckery even.

Hektor

Could it just be a PS+ requirement for the soon to be released demo?

Wouldn't demo's like that get their own store page?

A proper what?

fuckery
n. derivative of the word fuck

Absolute bullshit; utter nonsense; something rather suspicious that can bring forth uneasy, angry, or irritated feelings. The stunt pulled by people who don't know how to tell the truth or enjoy messing with people's heads as a hobby.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fuckery

Hektor

Maybe some proper what fuckery even?

Taro Yoko (横尾 太郎 Yokoo Tarō?, born June 6, 1970), also written as "ヨコオタロウ", is a Japanese video game director and scenario writer, having worked most notably at now-defunct game company Cavia. He became known for his work on the action role-playing video game series Drakengard and its spin-off Nier.

He is equally famous for being a Trolling Creator, including unusual gameplay design elements to engage in Playing the Player and Player Punch to great effect.

I did not copy pase this from wikipedia or tvtropes.

Fisty

Taro Yoko (横尾 太郎 Yokoo Tarō?, born June 6, 1970), also written as "ヨコオタロウ", is a Japanese video game director and scenario writer, having worked most notably at now-defunct game company Cavia. He became known for his work on the action role-playing video game series Drakengard and its spin-off Nier.

He is equally famous for being a Trolling Creator, including unusual gameplay design elements to engage in Playing the Player and Player Punch to great effect.

The man is a genius.
He said that Caim dying in ending E of Drakengard (which requires you to collect all the weapons) in an explosion is the reason a lot of the weapons from Drakengard appear scattered around the world in Nier. He then goes on to say that's the pretty answer, and the truth is it was easier to reuse assets from Drakengard.
Pure genius.

Whatever this ends up being, I can guarantee it will be something amazing.

NinjaBoiX

Good for you man.

Good for you.

It looks like some default text that fits a game whether it's online or not.

If you add the implied [このゲームが]~
※オンラインマルチプレイに対応している場合、オンラインマルチプレイを楽しむにはPlayStation®Plusへの加入(有料)が必要です。

If online multiplayer is supported, to enjoy online multiplayer, it is necessary to join PS+ (paid service).

It doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything. And to be fair, Gravity Daze/ Rush 2 has the same thing and that doesn't have synchronous multiplayer at all.

It looks like some default text that fits a game whether it's online or not.

If you add the implied [このゲームが]~

If online multiplayer is supported, to enjoy online multiplayer, it is necessary to join PS+ (paid service).

It doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything. And to be fair, Gravity Daze/ Rush 2 has the same thing and that doesn't have synchronous multiplayer at all.

Thanks for clarifying.

PS+ is required for situations with real-time interactions with other players. But if it isn't co-op or multiplayer, then what could it be?

Faustek

To be crazy I'm actually expecting something like the Old Monk in Demon's souls. Still can't believe no one has ripped that off yet.
It would also fit in this droid filled world.

Exentryk

Don't care for multiplayer, so this doesn't bother me. I have PS+, but don't think will be renewing in Feb.

Top Bottom