• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

hampig

Hey, just thought I'd pop in and inform people, I found a new copy of Drakengard at Rite Aid for $13. I know lots of people are looking for it after Automata's release so I figured it would be worth mentioning that it's potentially there.

If you're talking about the rogue YorHa units they are only in one spot, by the highway/abandoned factory.

It actually seems completely random. In my first playthrough I found them by the factory, then in my second playthrough I first encountered them
on top of the wrecked Goliath

Similarly, (light spoilers for a little later in that sidequest)
I fought them for the second time on top of the Goliath in my first playthrough, and I fought them for the second time on top of the building in the corner on my second playthrough.

OniBaka

∀ Narayan;232657137 said:
Need some advice on how to access a quest. I'm on top of the building, but there doesn't seem to be anything where this marker is located.

Very hard to tell where you are but if it's what I'm thinking then the person should be on the second or third floor in the corner.

SephLuis

Hey, just thought I'd pop in and inform people, I found a new copy of Drakengard at Rite Aid for $13. I know lots of people are looking for it after Automata's release so I figured it would be worth mentioning that it's potentially there.

If Nier Automata is convincing people to pick and play Drakengard 1 to completion, I will probably laugh to the end of time with the LTTP threads.

Have fun.

tuxfool

Banned
If Nier Automata is convincing people to pick and play Drakengard 1 to completion, I will probably laugh to the end of time with the LTTP threads.

Have fun.

I think Nier is as far as people will go.

There is very little direct reference to Drakengard, and what is there isn't particularly meaningful.

Okay, maybe this is a dumb question, but is there a reasonable way to figure out what quests are missed when playing via the Chapter Select?

I load up parts of chapters that have a mission missing and see no red markers and only the usual missions available. Missions that I've done already.

It's a big city and going from NPC to NPC trying to brute force it seems can't be the way to go about doing this.

Any tips?

Chase17

Just completed the
amusement park
and beat the boss there. Really fun level and fight.

Looks I've opened up a lot of side quests now, but I'm not sure I really want to do them lol

I've been clearing out sidequests today, currently at 73%. Man some of these that I missed are goooood
(just did Amnesia. result was obvious but the foreshadowing was nice)

Also I have to say, really appreciate that the trophies are just for 80% instead of 100. I see certain quests that I'm like "ugh I don't want to have to do that" and then I'm like "oh! I don't have to!" haha. Excited to complete as much as possible and buy the rest ;)

Okay, maybe this is a dumb question, but is there a reasonable way to figure out what quests are missed when playing via the Chapter Select?

I load up parts of chapters that have a mission missing and see no red markers and only the usual missions available. Missions that I've done already.

It's a big city and going from NPC to NPC trying to brute force it seems can't be the way to go about doing this.

Any tips?

How many quests you got left?

I know there are at least three that require some special conditions for completion.

Lucentto

Banned
Beat the game a few days ago. This is easily one of the best games I have ever played. Routes C-E is some the craziest stuff I have experienced in video games. Almost a week later I am still thinking about it.

Beat the game a few days ago. This is easily one of the best games I have ever played. Routes C-E is some the craziest stuff I have experienced in video games. Almost a week later I am still thinking about it.

I haven't started the game yet, but what are these "routes" people keep talking about? Is it similar to Nier's various endings that require multiple playthroughs? I hope the routes don't require full playthroughs lol

LotusHD

Banned
I haven't started the game yet, but what are these "routes" people keep talking about? Is it similar to Nier's various endings that require multiple playthroughs? I hope the routes don't require full playthroughs lol

Route A - Playthrough 1
Route B -
Similar to Route A but from a different POV, along with new content
Route C - New Content

etc. etc.

Route A - Playthrough 1
Route B -
Similar to Route A but from a different POV, along with new content
Route C - New Content

etc. etc.

Ah gotcha, thanks.
Do the other routes require playing through the entire game again? I liked how the endings in Nier only required replaying the last bit of the game basically.

LotusHD

Banned
Ah gotcha, thanks.
Do the other routes require playing through the entire game again? I liked how the endings in Nier only required replaying the last bit of the game basically.

Route B makes you replay the majority of Route A, but from a different POV, but you do get new content. It becomes obvious once you see it for yourself.

IKizzLE

Got endings A through E and still have the same questions I had after completing ending A lol.

Overall, it's a good game. 8/10 for me. Major negatives are how easy and mundane the bullet hell sections were and how simple the side quests were. Very monotonous and the only reason I completed 90% of them was because I had so many questions about the world. I really need to go to the spoiler thread to flesh out this story but my initial observations are that there were no major plot twists to me...maybe because I expected the story development to happen or it went right over my head.

hampig

I think Nier is as far as people will go.

There is very little direct reference to Drakengard, and what is there isn't particularly meaningful.

I saw somebody mention they were going after the Drakengard games in another thread, so there's at least 1.

Finally got Ending C
Man that fight with the two big balls wasn't the worst boss fight I've ever done, but it is certainly one of the more unpleasant. It just wasn't very fun because it went on for way too long with the elevators and shit.

Man, that Devola and Popola story got me, but I kinda lost track of 9S and A2's stories by the end of C because there's so much that's being thrown in at once. I assume things will be cleared up on Route D? 9S's motivations and character arc was much too muddled to make sense for me.

jonjonaug

Finally got Ending C
Man that fight with the two big balls wasn't the worst boss fight I've ever done, but it is certainly one of the more unpleasant. It just wasn't very fun because it went on for way too long with the elevators and shit.

Man, that Devola and Popola story got me, but I kinda lost track of 9S and A2's stories by the end of C because there's so much that's being thrown in at once. I assume things will be cleared up on Route D? 9S's motivations and character arc was much too muddled to make sense for me.

Uh...
Route D is just the other ending, all you do is reload the final boss fight and select 9S instead

LotusHD

Banned
Finally got Ending C

giphy.gif

Why can't I find anyone for the Yorha Betrayers sidequest? Got the quest a while ago and checked it out the areas multiple times. I'm about to get locked out

Uh...
Route D is just the other ending, all you do is reload the final boss fight and select 9S instead

Ah, right! My brain got a bit fuddled after playing for 5 hours straight.
Perhaps things could be a bit more coherent on Route E, then?

I wonder what it was that those hologram girls gave to 9S. Was it legit revelations about Yorha, or just a virus that made him go haywire? I'm still not sure what happened.

LotusHD

Banned

I wonder what it was that those hologram girls gave to 9S. Was it legit revelations about Yorha, or just a virus that made him go haywire? I'm still not sure what happened.

giphy.gif

jonjonaug

They gave him the final archive entry detailing how Yorha's backdoor was intentionally set up by the Androids who created the project in the first place, driving him mad from the revelation that his and 2B's entire lives were meant to end from the beginning. 9S can't handle the perceived meaninglessness of his own existence.

As for ending E uh...just get ending D first.

what they give him shows up in your Intel

Have fun reading

datruth29

In Route C. I just finished
the part where you have to either kill or wipe Pascal memories because of the events that just happened.

I'm turning off the game for the day.

I'm not okay. I feel so numb.

Ruff

giphy.gif

I thought he already knew those things at that point, because I remember reading about the whole Bunker backdoor thing WAY before that scene in the tower. But it does give "Nothing these machines do have any meaning" hold much more weight.

They definitely seemed to have messed up the intel on the disposal, seems they accidently include it in the Black Box intel we get in one of the soul box (I think is the name)

Top Bottom