• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

killatopak

Holy Shit I can finally join the party after centuries of waiting and avoiding spoilers.

sAbsxSO.jpg

silva1991

So
golden robot have to be hacked
to get killed right? I really love this.

9S might be an ass sometimes, but I like this change in style.

Really enjoying this alot.

Holy Shit I can finally join the party after centuries of waiting and avoiding spoilers.

Welcome to the club.

So
golden robot have to be hacked
to get killed right? I really love this.

9S might be an ass sometimes, but I like this change in style.

Really enjoying this alot.

Welcome to the club.

Nah, you can beat them manually. It's faster with hacking, but you can do it the old fashioned way if you have the patience or figure out a way that their AI can't adjust to ;-)

I did all of them as 2B.

I actually beat all golden enemies as 2B

Nice name (change?). I'm moderately jealous
but since it's not Type E, it ain't even accurate! :p

AlucardGV

Banned
am i the only one who tought the
ro-shi and ko-shi
fight was super hype?

how many times you some a game pulling something like that?

ys45

So I have been playing quite a lot this week and the game crashed 2 times so far
I'm playing on PS4 .

First time I was running and the game froze and then black screen and I got an error code.
Second time It was after completing a quest, 2B was walking/running maybe 2 steps and was getting stuck in the walking animation I had to jump to unstuck her and 2 mins later it crashed.

Anyone is having issues like that? I hope it's not my PS4 ....
The game is patched by the way and I waited until it was completely patched before first playing it .

aravuus

YES! haha.

Also, does anyone know why our heroes wear blindfolds? Symbolism? Functional purpose?

Dunno, but it'd be fun to take note of the moments they lose the blindfolds, if it always occurs during the moments something big is revealed to the character or something.

Then again, I'm not particularly good at recognizing symbolism just like that, so that's probably waaaaayyyyy too superficial for a YT game lol

YES! haha.

Also, does anyone know why our heroes wear blindfolds? Symbolism? Functional purpose?

Story-wise, it's because the blindfolds are actually high-tech goggles/visors. They basically project AR/HUD stuff to help the android during combat. Like, you know how Pod always says he's "marking it on your map"? Presumably he's talking to 2B but really it's for the benefit of the player, you know? Well this way we can also assume 2B is also able to see a map as well, probably the same one (and rest of the HUD) that we see.

Symbolism-wise
It's because our heroes don't know shit about anything, including themselves. The blind folds tend to come off in moments of big revelation or drama. They could also represent how they are "blinded" by Yorha's doctrine and slavish devotion to the machine war, which is why A2 doesn't wear one.

Nier probably not going to get any meaningful DLC. Not enough budget. :-(

According to the official NieR Automata Facebook page, Taro was in the NieR Automata panel at PAX East 2017. Taro confirmed that Square Enix's Yosuke Saito was interested in making DLCs, but he explained that they don't have enough people and funding to make story DLCs similar to The Witcher 3. Taro hopes that fans don't expect much from NieR Automata DLCs. However, the director didn't reveal the release dates or content details about the upcoming DLCs.

”We don't have enough manpower or budget to create that type of content," Taro said via a translator. ”Ideally, of course if we could do something, it would be great. But that said, when we see DLCs these days, a lot of people envision something that's quite robust like story DLCs from Witcher 3. But unfortunately, NieR doesn't have the budget to do so. I just hope everyone doesn't anticipate too much from the DLC content if we end up doing some."

Even though Taro confirmed that they won't have extensive DLCs, he affirmed that he'll make anything as long as there is funding. Taro says he is willing to make the next NieR or Drakengard as long he is given money. The director is even willing to work on NieR and Drakengard collaborations or spin-offs in other media if he receives funding. Lastly, Taro also said that he'll make Drakengard remasters if he gets the money. Taro asked fans to keep reaching out to Square Enix so he can make these requests and possibly make larger NieR Automata DLCs into a reality.

Feels real bad man. Gib crowd funding pls.

AlucardGV

Banned
YES! haha.

it may be because our characters
don't see the truth, and 9s remove the blindfold when he's tired of all of that and want to see the truth. also the operators that give us information wear a veil to cover their mouth.

we may be getting something if the game is selling well (it looks like it is...i hope)
probably something related to the apologetic robots

hank_tree

don't see the truth, and 9s remove the blindfold when he's tired of all of that and want to see the truth. also the operators that give us information wear a veil to cover their mouth.

we may be getting something if the game is selling well (it looks like it is...i hope)
probably something related to the apologetic robots

Is it actually selling well or is it like Yakuza 0 well?

Story-wise, it's because the blindfolds are actually high-tech goggles/visors. They basically project AR/HUD stuff to help the android during combat. Like, you know how Pod always says he's "marking it on your map"? Presumably he's talking to 2B but really it's for the benefit of the player, you know? Well this way we can also assume 2B is also able to see a map as well, probably the same one (and rest of the HUD) that we see.

Symbolism-wise
It's because our heroes don't know shit about anything, including themselves. The blind folds tend to come off in moments of big revelation or drama. They could also represent how they are "blinded" by Yorha's doctrine and slavish devotion to the machine war, which is why A2 doesn't wear one.

Oh cool. Good to know it's actually a bit of both tech and symbolism.

Though you'd think with them being androids, the mapping overlay systems would simply be part of their eyes themselves, thus avoiding having to wear an additional apparatus. lol. Like, if your eyes are already made of electronic tech, why have an additional piece of hardware to sit on top of that hardware?

The symbolism angle needs no explanation, however. :3

Is it actually selling well or is it like Yakuza 0 well?

https://steamspy.com/app/524220

Looks like it's doing pretty okay on Steam. Though I also don't know what the expectations were. 200k in a week for a SP RPG on the PC seems pretty fuckin good to me, but idk.

AlucardGV

Banned
Last night I defeated that Hegel boss. What a ridiculous boss. B Mode my ass, you'll fucking die if you use that shit.

you either have some chips to counter the health you lose or you use medium/large items regulary. it's worth using it if you can keep it, not worth if you use it only for the lengh of one life bar

what i don't like is that you can't deactivate that, once you do it you have to reach 0 hp to turn it off

Taro also said that he’ll make Drakengard remasters if he gets the money.

This would certainly be interesting.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the game's performance is exceeding their expectations, especially on PC, so let's wait and see how things turn out.

Still on route A, did a few sidequests yesterday, Lost Girl was pretty funny.

kuroshiki

That HAS to be pretty good for a non-mainstream single player RPG in 2017.

Good enough for SE to throw more money into it tho? Idunno.

They need a Gofundme or Kickstarter or something for DLC. I'll contribute.

I don't kickstart anything ever. But for Yoko Taro? I will make an exception.

and 200k for first week Japanese RPG is AWESOME. I wonder how much PS4 copies sold.

DSix

Banned
You've played 33% of the game, and the plot hasn't even started. Keep playing.

Thank you very much for your comment. I continued, and indeed, some real stuff starts to happen for the last half of route B, I'm getting hooked now and things are getting interesting.

No thanks to the other posters who were quick to shit on me because I found the route A unfulfilling and hollow
turns out that was the fucking point.

Thank you very much for your comment. I continued, and indeed, some real stuff starts to happen for the last half of route B, I'm getting hooked now and things are getting interesting.

No thanks to the other posters who were quick to shit on me because I found the route A unfulfilling and hollow
turns out that was the fucking point.

Yea, fam. Shit gets so real. Play through 1 mine as well be 1 long-ass prologue. lol

fantomena

I haven't started the game yet, but need some answers about the endings. How many endings are there? What do I have to do to get them all? I don't really understand. Im also hearing something about "more game" after the credits.

I haven't started the game yet, but need some answers about the endings. How many endings are there? What do I have to do to get them all? I don't really understand. Im also hearing something about "more game" after the credits.

Several endings.

Just play the game, fam. Progress through the main story and you'll get choices and endings. Simple as that. Always stay for the credits.

To see them all, start from your last save after the game ends. EZ.

Astral

I'm still thinking of what happened last night. ROUTE C SPOILERS.
Everything went to shit so fast. All of YoRHa are dead, my precious 6O and 21O are dead, FUCKING 2B IS DEAD. Fuck man. And the music for that operation sounded like something off of Evangelion. It was fitting as hell considering what happened.
It's gonna be a long 8 hours till I'm able to play this again tonight...

I'm still thinking of what happened last night. ROUTE C SPOILERS.
Everything went to shit so fast. All of YoRHa are dead, my precious 6O and 21O are dead, FUCKING 2B IS DEAD. Fuck man. And the music for that operation sounded like something off of Evangelion. It was fitting as hell considering what happened.
It's gonna be a long 8 hours till I'm able to play this again tonight...

The name of the title during the credits and that entire ordeal is "Crumbling Lies" I just love how much it fits.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fuck DLC, use what little money thet have on a Nier remaster tbh.

killatopak

I finally got past the demo area. Thanks for the tips guys. Playing it on the second try is easier since I was pretty confused how it just dumps you into the action with no tutorials.

VRMN

Oh um... well rest assured that the rest of the game doesn't seem to be as unforgiving.
I dunno... those auto heal items were pretty useful in the tutorial. It's a trial by fire, to be sure, but Engels is probably the easiest boss.

I might suggest bumping down to easy if you can't keep up with what the game's asking of you in maneuverability.

EDIT: glad you got through it. Enjoy the rest of the game!

Philippo

What's the deal with the three
"wise"
machines around the crater in Route B? I'm already at the point of no return and don't want to give up on quests now that i'm at 79%.

Also, fuck this gam for making you feel guilty even for beating that Speed Star asshole :<

Menome

As it got missed yesterday, just reposting this question:

Another newbie question: I've got a bunch of stuff accumulating in my inventory now. How much of it is actual junk? I've been told elsewhere to hold on to the
Desert Rose
and
Boar/Moose meat
for upcoming side-quests, but aside from that, is it just stuff with 'Sell to merchants' in the description I can get rid of?

partime

Am I the only one that has an absurd amount of money. It seems after Route A, I'm really only buying health packs.

I'm on Route C and have over 350,000 with items still to sell.

Moaradin

Am I the only one that has an absurd amount of money. It seems after Route A, I'm really only buying health packs.

I'm on Route C and have over 350,000 with items still to sell.

You go through that pretty quick when you want to buy materials to upgrade all the weapons

Top Bottom