• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Anne

Am I the only one that has an absurd amount of money. It seems after Route A, I'm really only buying health packs.

I'm on Route C and have over 350,000 with items still to sell.

You wanna get all the upgrades for other stuff? You'll want around 1 mil around for upgrades and mats :p

Shahed

Fuck DLC, use what little money thet have on a Nier remaster tbh.

I'd rather a Nier remake instead of a remaster. As much as the game was memorable, it was a flawd masterpiece in that actually playing said game wasn't the best. One of the reasons Automata is so good is because it plays so much better

Finished route B

So am I right in thinking shit is about to get real
er
?

Very much so. Have fun!

Astral

What's the deal with the three
"wise"
machines around the crater in Route B? I'm already at the point of no return and don't want to give up on quests now that i'm at 79%.

Also, fuck this gam for making you feel guilty even for beating that Speed Star asshole :<

Hack all of them and then feel like even bigger shit.

What's the deal with the three
"wise"
machines around the crater in Route B? I'm already at the point of no return and don't want to give up on quests now that i'm at 79%.

Also, fuck this gam for making you feel guilty even for beating that Speed Star asshole :<

You have to
hack them.
Pretty much any side quest that wasn't available in route A
involves hacking in some way.

Philippo

Is it just me or is
Emil Shop Form
reminding of Thomas the Tank Engine? Also, how do i unlock his quest?

Hack all of them and then feel like even bigger shit.

You have to
hack them.
Pretty much any side quest that wasn't available in route A
involves hacking in some way.

Guys, i don't know if i wanted to do that, ugh... Just one feels of guiltyness added to the list huh?

Hey quick spoiler question that kind of involves all the previous games?

Without giving anything else away does Drakengard 3 make it so that in Drakengard 2's timeline in 2003 it becomes the same as ending E of Drakengard leading into Nier?

Simple yes or no is fine.

Baalzebup

Hey quick spoiler question that kind of involves all the previous games?

Without giving anything else away does Drakengard 3 make it so that in Drakengard 2's timeline in 2003 it becomes the same as ending E of Drakengard leading into Nier?

Simple yes or no is fine.
No, Drakengard 2 is completely removed from the rest of the continuum. It is essentially a spin-off.
As it got missed yesterday, just reposting this question:

Another newbie question: I've got a bunch of stuff accumulating in my inventory now. How much of it is actual junk? I've been told elsewhere to hold on to the
Desert Rose
and
Boar/Moose meat
for upcoming side-quests, but aside from that, is it just stuff with 'Sell to merchants' in the description I can get rid of?
Eh, just sell all of that junk. Anything you need from that category will be very easy and fast to acquire. All of the articles you mention are available less than a minute from either the quest giver or the nearest relevant Access Point.

Sami+

How different is Route B compared to A? And how long is it? :O I just started (saved right after the prologue) and I'm curious what I've got ahead of me lol. Is it basically just the same game again but with hacking now or?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How different is Route B compared to A? And how long is it? :O I just started (saved right after the prologue) and I'm curious what I've got ahead of me lol. Is it basically just the same game again but with hacking now or?

Basically there is more development to some enemies and the sections where 9s is not with 2B.

Astral

If you've played Nier it's a lot like its second playthrough. Mostly the same with a few tweaks. And of course the whole playing as 9S thing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

It's mostly the same progression, but there are lots of new cutscenes and some entirely new sequences sprinkled within. Many new sidequests show up as well to keep you busy as well(optionally). The progression is also condensed in many ways as it took a mere fraction of time to complete compared to A route(ignoring the several hours I spent doing new sidequests and treasure hacking). Also plenty of new revelations the further it goes...

Sami+

Basically there is more development to some enemies and the sections where 9s is not with 2B.

If you've played Nier it's a lot like its second playthrough. Mostly the same with a few tweaks. And of course the whole playing as 9S thing.

Ah ok! I guess I'll play through it with my gf this time then so she can experience it too. More fun than just beating it again. &#128539;

Also just general OT question- what're y'alls favorite songs in the game so far? I really love the
remix of Dark Colossus Destroys All and the Mirrored City.

About the Forest Kingdom treasure hunt side quest

Yooooooooooo that shit got dark as fuck. As if it wasn't bad enough you just learned about the inhabitants of the forest you went and fucked up their whole shit.

Fuck you, quest giver.

Airan

About the Forest Kingdom treasure hunt side quest

Yooooooooooo that shit got dark as fuck. As if it wasn't bad enough you just learned about the inhabitants of the forest you went and fucked up their whole shit.

Fuck you, quest giver.

SZ6hqqs.png

105.Will

How do you get the Combat Bracers + Large Sword baseball swing move to connect? I've been told it's timing based, but ive also heard it's just luck.

Astral

What are the best/coolest weapons in the game? I'm planning on upgrading them all but I'd like to prioritize the best ones.

Philippo

Wow i almost lost it when
Kainé
started playing during
Emil's Memories
, its so touching that the
old version of himself preserved Kainé's house
I honestly can't even imagine playing this game without the original.

Onto the
Leviathan
now, can't wait to see how Route B
diverges from A
from this point onward.

Kainé
started playing during
Emil's Memories

I got a
nostalgia bomb
in that moment and felt rather hollow. :(

AlucardGV

Banned
Kainé
started playing during
Emil's Memories

Onto the
Leviathan
now, can't wait to see how Route B
diverges from A
from this point onward.

well, be ready for that optional thing

Baalzebup

Has anyone found out what those secret elevators all over the world are? The ones with a lone machine placed in front?
A joke/troll, basically. Somebody tried to figure out any way in and supposedly there's nothing there at all.
Damn, was hoping they were secret dungeons or something similar.
Based on the wire mesh that is visible though a certain vision mode via the Debug Mode,
there is literally nothing there beside the elevator shaft and the two set of doors, one of which is the one you can see and another some ways under that one. There is no mesh layer beneath the ground, no layer to walk on if you exited the doors that are underground.

I checked two of the three and they were identical in this regard. Vazra also posted two videos of someone clipping though to those areas in the Spoiler Thread and they show the same.

Yes, but which one runs better? I hear the PC version is very buggy.
the PC version is more demanding than you would expect, but if you have a strong rig it runs great. The only annoying dropback is having to install a fix for the rendering resolution (either a mod fix, or borderless gaming work). I've put in 40 hours so far, no crashes, no stuttering, and nothing less than 60 FPS, and at 1440p, but I have a 6700k and a GTX 1080

Ruff

Yes, but which one runs better? I hear the PC version is very buggy.

Na, In my experience it is a very good port. Decent set of graphical options for a Japanese made console game, plays well with a gamepad (I hear you can't rebind dodge on keyboard which is a little odd) and other than the fullscreen bug that is easily fixed I didn't have a single problem. No crashes of the sort. A little bit demanding considering how the game looks due to the GI lighting system but again, easily turned down now for a solid 60fps at all times on my GTX1060.

I do hear some people have experienced a crashing error on their specific hardware but that's par the course when there are so many combinations of hardware and software. I expect it'll all be sorted within a patch or so.

Top Bottom