• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Apologies for a question that's probably been asked a bunch...

Regarding an ending.

Is there a way
to get ending E to show up on my save file or do I have to do that last?

I have tried completing the credits section, but if I refuse to delete my save it just boots me out with nothing to show for it.

The OST is $28USD off CD Japan with the hacking disc as well. Seems like the cheapest option.

if you don't mind, could you link?

Just finish story A. Very good though the bosses weren't as good as I was expecting. Let's see what the rest of the game has to offer

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can't believe something like Reconnaissance Squad is a quest. I'm stuck on 89% unit data and can't get some of the more rare ones to spawn. This isn't fun.

FUCK Reconnaissance squad. Transporting over and over to zones to get uniques to spawn is bullshit. I feel like this game is diminished anytime you have to do those kinds of things to check boxes. Ideally these would come in the natural flow of the game. They did not.

Caim

Apologies for a question that's probably been asked a bunch...

Regarding an ending.

Is there a way
to get ending E to show up on my save file or do I have to do that last?

I have tried completing the credits section, but if I refuse to delete my save it just boots me out with nothing to show for it.

I don't think so.

Also,
deleting your save file isn't for you, it's for other players and you can get 100% without deleting. You don't get the prompt until after the credits part is done.

Voliko

Did the Hegel boss fight today. Good boss, a lot of crazy shit going on. My favorite so far is probably the
adam fight
in route A. Great buildup and cut-scenes, and the shielding mechanic of the boss is really cool. When the thumping music hit during the second phase... hnnng

SheHateMe

Just finished Route A and watching the credits roll.

Holy shit. That's all I can say.

And that notification from Square Enix? LOL I love it.

Let start again, shall we?

EDIT: Took me 25 hours to finish Route A, however I did the majority of the side quests, leaving only Red and White Belt Dojo Master and Speed Star.

I don't think so.

Also,
deleting your save file isn't for you, it's for other players and you can get 100% without deleting. You don't get the prompt until after the credits part is done.

Cool cool. Thank you.

I would kill for a future press or piggyback collectors guide or art book for this game. Did any Nier or Drakengard merch ever come West?

VRMN

I don't think so.

Also,
Wait, what?
E is on my list. Got a save prompt after the ending movie post-credits.

Just finished Route A and watching the credits roll.

Holy shit. That's all I can say.

And that notification from Square Enix? LOL I love it.

Let start again, shall we?

EDIT: Took me 25 hours to finish Route A, however I did the majority of the side quests, leaving only Red and White Belt Dojo Master and Speed Star.

It only gets better from there. So much better.

killatopak

I wonder why there was so many dead bodies of players in the
adam
boss fight. He was relatively easy compared to the others. His attacks are so telegraphed that I can beat him with just one hand.

pa22word

So what is up with this game and its random tendency to spawn in dudes that just have fucking stupidly long health bars for no other reason than to burn time?

The rando big bot in the ravine I swear to god I waylayed him for what seemed like an hour. If it was doing more damage I just would have bailed and came back later, but he barely scratched me and once I started in on him I was like "fuck it, gonna have to do this shit anyways might as well end it now".

Then on the first official trip to the flooded city that dumb ass little bot that's the generic cannon fodder dude for the entire game that took I swear like 20 mins of waylaying to kill. why. No other enemies in the area were like that...he was spitting fire at me, but good god I wanted to slap the hell out of someone for designing that fight like that. It wasn't fun at all, just tedious button mashing while I tried not to fall asleep countering him.

I'm not really upset at the game or anything, but good fucking lord who thought this was a good idea? Your gameplay is great PG don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean I want to fight the same enemy that has a groundbreaking 2 attacks that I've been fighting carbon copies of for the last 12 hours for 20 fucking mins for no other reason than someone decided it was a good idea to multiply his health bar by 1000.

Question.
So like in the Japanese version, what do they say instead of "THIS CANNOT CONTINUE" in the song? Is it in English or Japanese?
Early-ish game spoilers.

VRMN

So what is up with this game and its random tendency to spawn in dudes that just have fucking stupidly long health bars for no other reason than to burn time?

The rando big bot in the ravine I swear to god I waylayed him for what seemed like an hour. If it was doing more damage I just would have bailed and came back later, but he barely scratched me and once I started in on him I was like "fuck it, gonna have to do this shit anyways might as well end it now".

Then on the first official trip to the flooded city that dumb ass little bot that's the generic cannon fodder dude for the entire game that took I swear like 20 mins of waylaying to kill. why. No other enemies in the area were like that...he was spitting fire at me, but good god I wanted to slap the hell out of someone for designing that fight like that. It wasn't fun at all, just tedious button mashing while I tried not to fall asleep countering him.

I'm not really upset at the game or anything, but good fucking lord who thought this was a good idea? Your gameplay is great PG don't get me wrong, but that doesn't mean I want to fight the same enemy that has a groundbreaking 2 attacks that I've been fighting carbon copies of for the last 12 hours for 20 fucking mins for no other reason than someone decided it was a good idea to multiply his health bar by 1000.
The gold bots are stupidly tough and are basically designed for 9S. There's kind of an unmarked quest regarding them. The ravine boss is level 50 and on a Route A encounter is going to take forever. I came back on route B and he was easy when I was around his level.

Jiraiza

Fqiaar7.png

heavybreathing.jpg

pa22word

The gold bots are stupidly tough and are basically designed for 9S. There's kind of an unmarked quest regarding them. The ravine boss is level 50 and on a Route A encounter is going to take forever. I came back on route B and he was easy when I was around his level.

Yeah, I was giving the game the benefit of the doubt more with the ravine dude. I was just down there and said "eh fuck it" lol

Guess I just got shit luck with the other guy spawning in like that.

Thanks for the response, was really scratching my head at why in the world the game would do that crap.

chrono01

Fqiaar7.png

heavybreathing.jpg
Mind is being prepared for shipment too. I seriously cannot wait to get this thing in my hands.

BTW, Amazon Japan received more stock of the OST in-case anyone wants to order from them.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01LTI9I72/

Does this include the 8 bit tracks because that's A lot of songs. I also want them as my ring tone.
The Hacking Tracks is a first-press bonus CD that comes with pre-orders as well as all early copies. It's one disc for a total of 16 tracks, so with the OST itself (when pre-ordered through the applicable stores), you get four discs full of Nier Automata greatness.

So yes, what are you waiting for? BUY IT!

OniBaka

Reading some steam reviews here and there some people didn't heed that warning. :(
Their loss really.

I wonder if they will ever release a behinds the scenes type thing. Would love to see the rehearsal with the development team for the song Weight of the world.

My OST is also pre-ordered thanks to the help of this thread.

Cannot wait. I have a long 1,000 mile drive I'll be making back and fourth in two weeks. This will help.

LowParry

Soooooooo...

Final boss of the first path? Eve. The last part where you're basically stumbling around. I'm on move, firing away yet can't seem to survive to do enough damage to finish the fight. I'm level 22. Am I just under leveled for the fight? Cause I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel with the game. Boss fights are so up and down. Some are stupid easy. Others just kill ya over. And seriously. This save system is punishing as hell.

Ferrio

Banned
Soooooooo...

Final boss of the first path? Eve. The last part where you're basically stumbling around. I'm on move, firing away yet can't seem to survive to do enough damage to finish the fight. I'm level 22. Am I just under leveled for the fight? Cause I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel with the game. Boss fights are so up and down. Some are stupid easy. Others just kill ya over. And seriously. This save system is punishing as hell.

What difficulty are you on? Hard can be a pain I found out, and has a lot of weird difficulty spikes with one hit kills. I switched to normal a couple times when it got to the point of "Ya I'm not repeating all that again"

LowParry

What difficulty are you on? Hard can be a pain I found out, and has a lot of weird difficulty spikes with one hit kills. I switched to normal a couple times when it got to the point of "Ya I'm not repeating all that again"

I think I'm on normal? It just feels like I haven't done enough leveling or something to that extent. God forbid I just switch it to easy.

Ferrio

Banned
I think I'm on normal? It just feels like I haven't done enough leveling or something to that extent. God forbid I just switch it to easy.

I can't remember what level I was. You might wanna take a look at redoing your chips or trying different things. Some good chips open up late game that I ignored for awhile.
Devola and Popola shop.

Soooooooo...

Just keep firing. Also if you aren't locked on and manually aiming your bullets will go in a straighter line

Have the auto-use item plugin and a bajillion Medium Recoveries cuz they fill most of your health and they're cheap as hell. Also auto-heal. That way you're promised to NEVER die

Hektor

Is there a non spoiler guide for the location of pods and weapons?

The pods I can tell you

pod b is acquired by fishing in the flooded area (anywhere there)

Pod c you find by entering the big desert and going north west from there until you hear an annoying peep sound. Then follow said sound

Top Bottom