• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

chrono01

Interesting. Amazon Japan increased the price of their OST from ¥3,200 to ¥5,100. Good thing I pre-ordered early on!

Edit: Never mind, that's a third-party. I guess Amazon Japan is sold out. This bodes well for the series. I'd really like a remaster of the original Nier.

Mailbox

Keiichi Okaba composed it, as well as the equally as good OST for the first game, and probably other Taro games if I recall correctly. Nier and Automata's OST are the main ones that grabbed my interest though.

he also did the rendition of battle on the big bridge for episode gladiolus if you wanna give that a listen (its good)

Shandy

So who actually composed the godlike soundtrack? Do they score other games like this as well or just the Taro ones?

The soundtrack is (primarily) credited to Keiichi Okabe, Keigo Hoashi and Kuniyuki Takahashi. Okabe and Hoashi both worked on Gestalt/Replicant (along with Kakeru Ishihama and Takafumi Nishimura), and Takahashi worked on Drakengard 3.

Okabe is also known for his work on Tekken. MONACA is an independent outfit and its members work on various projects and in various roles.

Just surprised he only seems to be doing video game stuff. Is there anything else that sounds like these OSTs?

The Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 OST has a similar feel to some of Okabe's tracks.

This song in particular sounds a lot like War to War:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMggr8DTbWs

I wouldn't be surprised if the similarity is intentional given the laundry list of Eva references and Taro's habit of giving Okabe songs and telling him to make something similar.

robotrock

Banned
The soundtrack is (primarily) credited to Keiichi Okabe, Keigo Hoashi and Kuniyuki Takahashi. Okabe and Hoashi both worked on Gestalt/Replicant (along with Kakeru Ishihama and Takafumi Nishimura), and Takahashi worked on Drakengard 3.

Okabe is also known for his work on Tekken. MONACA is an independent outfit and its members work on various projects and in various roles.

So do the Tekken soundtrack sound anything like these?
The Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 OST has a similar feel to some of Okabe's tracks.

This song in particular sounds a lot like War to War:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMggr8DTbWs

Hahahaha shit dude, I've been putting off the Rebuild movies until we have a firm confirmation that 3.0+1.0 is actually happening.

This might push me towards checking them out sooner though

chrono01

mmm Canadian shipping is gonna make this hurt my wallet...
Actually, I'm Canadian too and shipping was only ¥950 (around $10 CDN or so). It also arrives extremely quickly, given my past Amazon Japan orders. No joke, I usually receive my shipment in two days, which is insane considering it ships from Japan. I don't understand how it arrives so quickly but it's definitely appreciated.

The whole thing is only costing me a little under ¥4,500, but I'd easily pay double that for this OST. It is amazing.

Hahahaha shit dude, I've been putting off the Rebuild movies until we have a firm confirmation that 3.0+1.0 is actually happening.

This might push me towards checking them out sooner though

Rebuild 3.33 is actually kind of a mess. :p You're probably better off continuing to wait for 3.0+1.0 so you don't risk ending the series on that note.

Absolutely tippy top tier soundtrack, though!

Replicant

Interesting. Amazon Japan increased the price of their OST from ¥3,200 to ¥5,100. Good thing I pre-ordered early on!

Edit: Never mind, that's a third-party. I guess Amazon Japan is sold out. This bodes well for the series. I'd really like a remaster of the original Nier.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I'm too late. T_T

Kyonashi

Just finished Route A after 18 hours, I'm real excited to get to the meat of the game. Any tips/things I should know for second play through and onwards?

Zafir

Well, finished the game(ABCDE), still need to go back and do side quests mind since I'm only at 72% on that front and maybe see the side/goofy endings. That said I'm not sure I will go for everything as I do want to get onto Mass Effect.

I must be the odd one out in that I got
D before C because I just wanted to see 9S' side through to he end since I've spent like thirty hours following his antics. Actually in a vacuum without the possibility of ending E I feel like D actually may be the better out come than C.

I have to say, I expected ending E to be doom and gloom if I''m honest, but was genuinely pleasantly surprised it wasn't.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, finished the game(ABCDE), still need to go back and do side quests mind since I'm only at 72% on that front and maybe see the side/goofy endings. That said I'm not sure I will go for everything as I do want to get onto Mass Effect.

I must be the odd one out in that I got
D before C because I just wanted to see 9S' side through to he end since I've spent like thirty hours following his antics. Actually in a vacuum without the possibility of ending E I feel like D actually may be the better out come than C.

I have to say, I expected ending E to be doom and gloom if I''m honest, but was genuinely pleasantly surprised it wasn't.

I feel like playing as A2 is Ending C just because the developers knew damn well that the majority would want nothing to do with 9S' rage at that point lmao

Renewed

Actually, I'm Canadian too and shipping was only ¥950 (around $10 CDN or so). It also arrives extremely quickly, given my past Amazon Japan orders. No joke, I usually receive my shipment in two days, which is insane considering it ships from Japan. I don't understand how it arrives so quickly but it's definitely appreciated.

The whole thing is only costing me a little under ¥4,500, but I'd easily pay double that for this OST. It is amazing.

I'm aware lol

I've had higher shipping before so dunno why this is lower... but I'll jump on it soon. Thanks for the info!

Strimei

Out of curiosity, are Machine Cores meant for anything besides selling? I don't want to sell these off only to find out they're used for something special.

chrono01

I'm aware lol

I've had higher shipping before so dunno why this is lower... but I'll jump on it soon. Thanks for the info!
No worries man.

Yeah, I recall Amazon Japan shipping being more expensive than it is, but I think it changed in the last year or so. The first order I made with the lower shipping cost I expected to receive it weeks later, so needless to say when I got it within 2 days I was shocked. Pleasantly so, but shocked nonetheless.

I can't wait to get the OST so I can listen to all of the tracks at my leisure. Seems like something I can just let play through and relax to, plus it'll compliment the original Nier OST nicely.

CDJapan seemingly still has some in-stock. I've used them many times in the past and they're definitely reliable, although I find their shipping to be more costly than Amazon Japan. You could try their shipping calculator and see how much it'd cost you, and they have the Hacking Track Bonus CD still listed.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SQEX-10589

Aaaah, curse Paypal Credit not being able to do international purchases, though I suppose it did stop me from an impulse buy. Hopefully it's still available in 2 more weeks when it's not a rent check for me, :\

Zafir

If anyone in Europe is looking for where to get the soundtrack, Square Enix Europe is offering it with the bonus cd on their store.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/440768/nier-automata-original-soundtrack

Sadly it won't ship till May, and the shipping is rather excessive. For the UK the only option they offer is next day DPD delivery. It's a CD do I really need next day courier service, lol.

I feel like playing as A2 is Ending C just because the developers knew damn well that the majority would want nothing to do with 9S' rage at that point lmao

Hah, perhaps. At least it's understandable emotions though, really. Unlike other emotional boys in games, lol.

Jiraiza

If anyone in Europe is looking for where to get the soundtrack, Square Enix Europe is offering it with the bonus cd on their store.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/uk/product/440768/nier-automata-original-soundtrack

Sadly it won't ship till May, and the shipping is rather excessive. For the UK the only option they offer is next day DPD delivery. It's a CD do I really need next day courier service, lol.

Hah, perhaps. At least it's understandable emotions though, really. Unlike other emotional boys in games, lol.

NA Square-Enix, get your shit together!

Blobbers

the most annoying thing about this game is there's a ladder in the
machine
village that people keep leaving their corpses next to and it's making it almost impossible to climb up, because you're constantly falling off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Do you always have an AI partner after the intro? I find them kind of annoying at times...

Roubjon

So I've gotten the endings
ABCDE and then a few others. Is that all the story stuff, or is there more? I know there's an optional boss or something if I upgrade all weapons to max? Also, am I safe to go into the spoiler thread?

Thanks!

LotusHD

Banned
So I've gotten the endings
ABCDE and then a few others. Is that all the story stuff, or is there more? I know there's an optional boss or something if I upgrade all weapons to max? Also, am I safe to go into the spoiler thread?

Thanks!

You are safe.

Finished endings ABCDE
and deleted my save file without a backup as a thank you to all player who did this as well.

This just beat Zelda for GotY in my book.

Edit: Shoutouts to RSS Liam and the Super Best Friends for introducing me to the series!

Top Bottom