• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

I've played through the game already and the OST is still 100% top class.

Just laying back and enjoying it.

If Automata doesn't win music of the year...

So is there a way I can farm 1 Powerup part S? I did all sidequests that would give me one but the Gold Machines (I killed all 3 sets didn't drop the part for me) didn't drop one for me. I really want to upgrade the last pod. It's pretty dumb if this is missable, since I've been googling around and I see no other solutions.

Exentryk

So is there a way I can farm 1 Powerup part S? I did all sidequests that would give me one but the Gold Machines (I killed all 3 sets didn't drop the part for me) didn't drop one for me. I really want to upgrade the last pod. It's pretty dumb if this is missable, since I've been googling around and I see no other solutions.

Complete the
Robo Dojo
questline (level 60) to get another one. It's easier to do in route B when you're naturally closer to that level, but it's not difficult if you want to do it in route A either.

Sapientas

Seems to be missable. You can only get 2 guaranteed Powerup Part S while you need to farm the last one from those Gold Machines. At least you can buy the trophy with in game currency, I guess.

Complete the
Robo Dojo
questline (level 60) to get another one. It's easier to do in route B when you're naturally closer to that level, but it's not difficult if you want to do it in route A either.

I already did that, I only need to complete the robot registry and the archive sidequests.

Seems to be missable. You can only get 2 guaranteed Powerup Part S while you need to farm the last one from those Gold Machines. At least you can buy the trophy with in game currency, I guess.

It sucks. Since I almost completed everything, I might as well just find some way to do a console command or something just for 1 more part. I wonder why they did that since the M and L parts are farmable.

Exentryk

I already did that, I only need to complete the robot registry and the archive sidequests.

It sucks. Since I almost completed everything, I might as well just find some way to do a console command or something just for 1 more part. I wonder why they did that since the M and L parts are farmable.

The other one is from
Anemone's Past
sidequest, which looks like you've already done. So you probably didn't pick up the rewards from the golden machines, or got really unlucky and they didn't drop it.
If everything fails, cheat engine should get you sorted.

tkkydrqhs7oy.png

Here you guys go.

Do you mean that red dash? I never understood how it worked.
Nah, the straight up Platinum "press stick in the enemy attack direction"

I have no idea what A2's dash does. Google doesn't help. Some say damage booster, some automatic counter.

It's too risky to be worthwhile. You'll deal similar amount of damage via buffed normal attacks anyway.

Yeah kinda moot with the infinite dodging.

Jiraiza

Nah, the straight up Platinum "press stick in the enemy attack direction"

I have no idea what A2's dash does. Google doesn't help. Some say damage booster, some automatic counter.

Is that a Platinum thing? The first thing I thought of after seeing the counter chip is Third Strike parries.

Couple questions before I start because I want to go in as blind as possible so staying away from google :p

How's the platinum trophy? Is it like the first Nier where it's pretty simple get all endings, do all sidequests,
do a shit ton of grinding,
that I'd do regardless, or is it a Platinum ass Platinum game that requires multiple playthroughs on higher difficulties, do bosses with no damage etc?

If it is simple enough, is there anything I should know going in? Missables and stuff that'll make my life easier later on when doing cleanup?

Want to not really look up anything until I finish the story so want to know anything helpful :p

Mailbox

Couple questions before I start because I want to go in as blind as possible so staying away from google :p

How's the platinum trophy? Is it like the first Nier where it's pretty simple get all endings, do all sidequests,
do a shit ton of grinding,
that I'd do regardless, or is it a Platinum ass Platinum game that requires multiple playthroughs on higher difficulties, do bosses with no damage etc?

If it is simple enough, is there anything I should know going in? Missables and stuff that'll make my life easier later on when doing cleanup?

Want to not really look up anything until I finish the story so want to know anything helpful :p

- Platinum is super easy.
You can buy the trophies you don't wanna bother with (not with real money, don't worry)

Renewed

My OST shipped from Amazon Japan, I should (hopefully) have it by Friday. I need it. Now.

Ah nice. My OST was ordered yesterday in what seems to be a second procurement of stock so I'll receive my OST by April 12th, lol. At least it wasn't higher cost like now on 3rd-party sellers.

Is there an advantage for NA residents to ordering from EU/JP vs waiting for it to release in the US?

Sorry about missing this. I imagine they have English tracks for the sake of English release. In my case I don't mind track listings and can update them, I've also left them as is sometimes. Also I end up buying because I never know for sure if they have a western release.... lol

Just got done with the desert section.

What on earth is this game lol? It does a bunch of different things rather well (no gripes from me), but it feels so...off? But in a really good way? Technically it looks like a PS3 game (if that), but it still looks good enough.

My only gripe is the invisible walls and not knowing when I'll hit one.

I'm not complaining, I love it for some reason. My wife put it this way while watching, "this is so strange... But it certainly doesn't let you get bored!"

chrono01

Ah nice. My OST was ordered yesterday in what seems to be a second procurement of stock so I'll receive my OST by April 12th, lol. At least it wasn't higher cost like now on 3rd-party sellers.
Glad to see you get your order locked in at the cheaper price!

I have a feeling that this OST might sell very well, considering the overall quality of the music contained within. Nice to see for a "niche" franchise, the team definitely deserves it!

I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and it feels really unnecessary. Seeing a few bits of dialogue and cut scenes that could have been
in playthrough 1 with 2B except this time I've got significantly worse combat
Idk.

Dio

Banned
Has anyone ripped the Cult of the Watchers logo from Eve that was in the game's story trailer pre-release, or redrawn it? I wanna make something with it.

Top Bottom