• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Can anyone check if the txt glitch in menus has been fixed after installing this?

Text is fixed and the other small animation and camera glitches that could crop up with the last patch seem to be gone too.

That's good news, while I was kinda down on the game (Loved the first playthrough, but afterwards it fell apart for me.) I've been itching to give it a second chance, but couldn't, thanks to that horrible patch.

Jimrpg

It's actually at #1 for me. Did the Asia release finally come out?

Yep. Its out.

Its RM249 (US$60) in Malaysia... welp... going to hold off till there's a decent sale. Must be way cheaper at resellers? Would there be any problem if I purchased at Green Man Gaming, would i be able to use future DLC?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Text is fixed and the other small animation and camera glitches that could crop up with the last patch seem to be gone too.

That's good news, while I was kinda down on the game (Loved the first playthrough, but afterwards it fell apart for me.) I've been itching to give it a second chance, but couldn't, thanks to that horrible patch.

Awesome, thanks for checking!!! Time to finally get back into this game.

Route C...
Played more last night.
Saw what I assume were the "real" opening credits... saw 2B become infected... and now im playing as A2. Wow.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh no fucking way no fucking way

I got through
three levels of the God Box, beat the first boss, and died as A2 against Mister Arms here
and there were no saves? I'm back at my last quicksave?

FUCK THIS

I am not spending HALF AN HOUR on every attempt at this boss

Ferrio

Banned
Oh no fucking way no fucking way

I got through
three levels of the God Box, beat the first boss, and died as A2 against Mister Arms here
and there were no saves? I'm back at my last quicksave?

FUCK THIS

I am not spending HALF AN HOUR on every attempt at this boss

There's actually saves in the god box isn't there? You may not notice if you don't have the "save available" UI chip enabled, I forget exactly. Also you playing on hard? You really shouldn't do that unless you want the challenge of 1 hit deaths.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
There's actually saves in the god box isn't there? You may not notice if you don't have the "save available" UI chip enabled, I forget exactly. Also you playing on hard? You really shouldn't do that unless you want the challenge of 1 hit deaths.
Didn't notice the
save availible
, thanks. Playing on easy actually, the one hit kill was from
those quadcopters on level 3 that release the spiky hover drones that killed me in one shot

Szadek

After 1 hours I have:
- 5 joke endings unlock
- finished 27% of all quests
- collected 30% of all weapons

I think I'm doing pretty good. So far I like the side quests, but the main storyis definently the meat od this game.
Nontheless the side quests do at a lot to the game.

It took me until 36hrs in to realize I could lock on during hacking..

Huge amounts of sadness, anger, and happiness flowed thru me

5UsJ6op.jpg

bruh what

i had no idea you could do that either ;____;

bruh what

i had no idea you could do that either ;____;

It's not as great as it sounds. If you're too far away, the hacking bullets still won't home in even with a lock.

And then in the confusion of battle you keep hacking the closest enemy instead of the biggest one. Or you try to hack an animal because lock-on seems to prioritize those.

Holy moly. I just plugged my PC speakers into my shitty TV and the difference is night and day. It's like listening to a completely different soundtrack.

I'm not touching Automata again until I finish P5 and maybe replay Nier again, but man, I have a feeling this will do great things for my replay of Automata.

Hektor

Holy moly. I just plugged my PC speakers into my shitty TV and the difference is night and day. It's like listening to a completely different soundtrack.

I'm not touching Automata again until I finish P5 and maybe replay Nier again, but man, I have a feeling this will do great things for my replay of Automata.

Pro-Tip: Try playing with Headphones

The (C Ending...I guess ?)
"2B infected"
section is absolute and pure trash. Literally can't do it.

Why did they put something this horrible and close to outright busted in the game ?
Just wow.

Edit: oops, sorry !

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Uh, might want to spoiler that.

Also didn't really have any trouble with it. Haven't seen many people having trouble either.

Ferrio

Banned
The "2B infected" section is absolute and pure trash. Literally can't do it.

Why did they put something this horrible and close to outright busted in the game ?
Just wow.

Spoil tag that.

You might want to try a different route, if you're going straight through the crater you're going to have a bad time.

Playing through Route B, I'm enjoying
all the new cutscenes and stuff that further flesh out the world and it's characters.
This feels like such a fresh take on narrative design to me. I don't remember ever playing a game that approached it's story in this way (how did I miss the original NieR? I'm honestly kicking myself!). I'm really into it.

The hacking isn't great. I don't hate it or anything but, considering how often you jump into that separate mini-game as 9S, there's just not much variety there to keep it engaging or interesting. At least each hacking attempt is short (so far anyway), so it hasn't become a frustration (yet). It's cool that I can set 2B to an aggressive approach and hang back as she wrecks stuff.

I have to say as well, the music is just fantastic. Simply running around exploring each zone, listening to the different "themes" has been a pleasure.
Probably missed it cause of the whole square east vs west design philosophy.

wamberz1

I saw that there is a way to throw your light sword as 2b, in a way the hits the enemy multiple times, usually in combo videos. Tried it myself and accidentally managed to get it off a few times but I had no idea how. Anyone know what the action is?

Roubjon

I saw that there is a way to throw your light sword as 2b, in a way the hits the enemy multiple times, usually in combo videos. Tried it myself and accidentally managed to get it off a few times but I had no idea how. Anyone know what the action is?

Hold the light attack button. Do the same with the spear and it will change your life.

Awesome, thanks for checking!!! Time to finally get back into this game.

You might have figured this out already, but what I didn't know when I made that post, the patch isn't out yet for the western release, so if you don't have the japanese version, you'll still have to wait.

The game breaking patch came out like a week later in the US and Europe, so I figure it'll be the same for this one. Still, at least you know you'll definitly get your fix in the next couple of days.

Robiin

What's the point of launcher attacks, for example counter or R1+X, when most enemies of the game are firmly stuck to the ground anyway? I just end up hitting nothing in the air...

Szadek

What a shit ending, nothinh was explained!
jk it was great, time for Route B

Although, bringing a Moose to the final boss kind of undermined the drama a bit.

I did my part gaf. I bought the OST.

Annnnnnd it's making me want to play all the way through to E another time. It's so good!

Copied City
in particular is a top ten all time tracks for me.

E: Fwiw I loved every bit of the piano stuff in Advent Children, so that's not a huge surprise.

E2: oh no! None of the unique route B versions are on here =. Was really hoping those were included.

Oh well. Still great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I did my part gaf. I bought the OST.

Annnnnnd it's making me want to play all the way through to E another time. It's so good!

Copied City
in particular is a top ten all time tracks for me.

E: Fwiw I loved every bit of the piano stuff in Advent Children, so that's not a huge surprise.

E2: oh no! None of the unique route B versions are on here =. Was really hoping those were included.

Oh well. Still great.
You mean the hacking tracks? They were in a separate bundle.

ironmang

Is there a way to quickly scan for quest items on the ground? Only a couple side missions in and it's already getting tedious having to scan the grass for hard to see items that may or may not be relevant to the quests.

Top Bottom