• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata PS4 version Japan and Asia shipments + digital sales top 500,000

Squire

Banned
Glory to
Asian gaming
mankind.

Forget about that. MS owns everything, including every unfinished thing that PD worked on.

MS doesn't own the rights to dragons as a concept and Drakengard already has three games worth of established game mechanics to build on. It's a pretty great fit for them.

You know what makes Nier's success (both critical and commercial) even more impressive? The fact that it was made in less than 2 years. When the game was announced in E3 2015, the only things that they had to show were concept arts. It was the announcement of a Nier project between SE and PG, that at the time didn't even had a name. Now less than 2 years later, we are here.

Just think about it for a second. How many big console games in the current generation (or even PS3/X360 generation) can you name that A) had a small budget B) less than 2 years of development time, and yet still managed to (arguably) be a masterpiece.

Neir Automata is seriously impressive on so many levels.

Same with Revengenace. Platinum was asked to salvage the project, and they made a critical and commercially successful game in 2 years.

I wish I'd gone on my Persona 5-esque media blackout for it. The E3 teaser could've been enough. Still salty about that incredibly spoilerific TGS trailer.

Definitely will cocoon myself for whatever Yoko Taro's next project is, because his games deserve better than the non-existent (and otherwise spoiler-filled) marketing S-E dishes out.

MS doesn't own the rights to dragons as a concept and Drakengard already has three games worth of established game mechanics to build on. It's a pretty great fit for them.
I think he means assets and code - as in, the actual expensive and time-consuming stuff that would otherwise help expedite a hypothetical D4.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, I'm pretty sure that unless they chopped yoko taro's and everyone at platinum hands off they would still be in a better developmental state than D1 & 3. :p

Rymuth

C-ZNywjV0AAO4My.jpg

Artwork celebrating the milestone.

Top Bottom