• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gaia Theory said:
NiGHTS 2 for Wii has the potential to be one of the single greatest games ever made. Sega would be wise not to screw it up.

If it's not Virtua Fighter or Virtua Tennis, it's pretty much ****ed when it comes to Sega. =P

meppi

hamzik said:
SEGA called up Gamereactor and thay had to pull the cover from their site until april 10th. This is what they are showing right now:

gamereactor46_116560.jpg
:D

Evlar

Banned
Who cares how much it boosts sales for this or that console? I'm just glad the game is coming! It's indication that Sega remembers they have a pretty deep back catalog, too.

Announce a new Panzer Dragoon while you're at it, Sega!

farnham

Banned
why is everyone assuming this is comming to the wii ??

all i see is Nights beeing announced... no platform is mentioned..

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Such a strange choice to give an exclusive.

Everybody will run the story once they get wind of it. I don't think they've (Gamereactor) has got any real exclusive information but pictures and standard info. Maybe exclusive in Scandinavia, but hardly the world if there's anything to those next issue pictures we've seen from other magazines, hinting at Nights.

jeremy1456

farnham said:

It all stems back to Famitsu's rumor section (which I hear is incredibly reliable).

Last year they said that a new NiGHTs game was coming to "revolution".

The Nintendo fanbase seems to be the group that would best absorb a game like this, and though Sega sometimes hates money, I can't imagine them hating it that much.

EDIT: The better question is why are people even questioning whether or not it's coming to either Wii or DS?

Well, step one is complete. Step two, make it good so that I'm not buying a bad game. Because I'm buying it no matter what.

SEGA SATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN SHIROOOOO

angelfly

farnham said:

ONM is announcing it as an exclusive to it's either exclusive to DS or Wii and it's more than likely Wii.

Tiktaalik

The Sphinx said:
Announce a new Panzer Dragoon while you're at it, Sega!

Panzer Dragoon with the pointer would be great, but maybe too easy. I don't know. I guess they could just make it more hectic.

Canti

farnham said:

Pretty much due to this thread. Unless its a coincidence of epic proportions.

edit: also +1 to the Panzer Dragoon train

tribal24

Banned
hell yes this better be different i been waiting for a damn sequel or a remake since like forever! they better not disappoint

Docpan

I don't know why people are getting hyped up... I mean, come on, this is new-age Sega we're talking about here. I'm pretty sure Sonic Team made NiGHTS... Look at the crap they've been churning out since the Dreamcast days. And not just that but there hasn't been a AAA Sega game in I don't know how long.

I'll check it out but there's no way I will ever hype myself up for a Sega game ever again. They just always seem to **** up no matter what they do.

But maybe they can prove me wrong. I doubt it if this is a Sonic Team game.

Ikael

group-hug.jpg

Also, this is only a SEMITON because online fanboys are the only ones that care about this title. 90% of gamers, maybe more, have never even heard of Nights.
Then we shall proceed to brainwash and make Nights our only talk topic with friends untill all of them would be willing to prostitute theirselves in order to buy this game.

Wow. I can't believe this is actually happening after years and years of rumors. I am all over this on day one. I hope they include the original as a bonus/unlockable.

Is it that bigga deal? It's no killerapp:
The original NiGHTS in the U.S. only sold: 200,325 (both versions included)...
or 15% of the Saturn userbase.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Meier said:
It's so goofy that I figured we were the main ones who focused on it. :lol

You should hear the April 1st-rhyme we've got. Talk about geeky o_O

I though you were british, with all the Oasis love and what not :lol

Razikain

I think it highly unlikely that it will go to anything but the Wii...but we live in strange times, and it's not beyond the realms of the possibility that it may be for the DS. :lol

Tailzo

Nights is awesome, and I hope Nights 2 will be awesome too. I played the old nights a few days ago, still brilliant.

I can't believe that crappy magazine got something right, ban them anyway!!

As for Nights 2, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:D :D :D

Naka needs to come back and work on this :(

jeremy1456 said:
The Nintendo fanbase seems to be the group that would best absorb a game like this, and though Sega sometimes hates money, I can't imagine them hating it that much.

panzerboxart.jpg

Never forget.

In other news, whatever platform this comes out for, I'm ****ing buying twelve of them.

farnham

Banned
Square2005 said:
wii needs no killer app.. it got more then enough killer apps.. it needs even more good games..

Square2005 said:

This is one of those games that I think transcends sales-potential -- people are genuinely excited to have the opportunity to play the game. I couldn't care less if it sold one copy, as long as I got it.

Square2005 said:

Controller and Controller-less versions combined?

That's got to be one of the better selling Saturn titles in the US, sadly. If only I had been there to beat up people who weren't diligently playing Saturn. Where are those numbers from, Square?

Nander

Square2005 said:

It's NiGHTS! That's all that really matters :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Square2005 said:
has it occured to you that some people dont give a **** about sales and really enjoyed the first one? jesus.

Top Bottom