• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

SuomiDude

Jive Turkey said:
HAVE! The word you're looking for is HAVE.
I would of have participated in this thread earlier, but I'm not so excited about this game. Never played the first one, and only saw it in pics and read some reviews of it. I saw the first video of it a week or so ago, and it looked pretty boring. It just showed the main guy flying circles (at least it looked like it) and going through some circles and collecting some stuff.

So it it kinda like a racing game of sort? Only that you don't actually compete against other players...

Error said:
Sonic Team USA?

:lol

prepare for massive suckage.

I for one am willing to give them a second chance. It sounded in interviews as if they just got overwhelmed with Sonic 360/PS3 and were forced to get it out on time.

If they mess this one up though, the retribution will be swift and merciless.

Epiphyte said:
I agree that Nights is not a system selling level title, but using userbase % is a rather silly metric.

Afterall, GTA 3 only sold to 17% of the US PS2 userbase.

Millions of people played GTA. 200,000 people played Nights. That number is all you need to realize that the game is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
to be fair it's ***** so the chances are high they are making shit up like usual

ghibli99

Just wanted to add my little insignificant post (in a thread that will probably hit 1000 in a couple hours) that I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, but at the same time, I can't help but be excited.

If they screw this up, though, I'm done with gaming.

FirstInHell said:
Millions of people played GTA. 200,000 people played Nights. That number is all you need to realize that the game is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

YOU ARE IRRELEVANT

segata8tinew.gif

btrboyev

200,000 people played Nights

sure when it came out, but its been over 10 years and many more have played it by now, and it at least has a very strong following of people and is considered a great game by many....don't downplay the significance of the game.

sonatinas said:
I'm reserving judgement until the list of composers is posted.

damn skippy, hell, if they just release the same exact songs i'll be one happy bitch. :lol :lol :lol suburban museum owns so ****ing much. :D

Streaks

all thats needed is for someone to photoshop a pistol into NiGHTS' hand to make it more like the final version im expecting :(

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
FirstInHell said:

Wouldn't you say that the game is likely to get a lot of coverage in gaming magazines, and that in itself would be a reason for higher sales? Also; the original came out to Saturn, which hardly was a "hit". How would the sales look if the Saturn was selling like the DS?

And by the way – someone posted the info about sales, which showed Nights as second best selling game in the US for Saturn (?).

Maybe the game, looking at the numbers of the original, isn't a commercial success. But it's still a game that's gonna get a lot of coverage, just like Ico did (or rather; Ico put the spotlight on SOTC). Now look at it and it's spiritual successor.

btrboyev said:
sure when it came out, but its been over 10 years and many more have played it by now, and it at least has a very strong following of people and is considered a great game by many....don't downplay the significance of the game.

How many people played the game after its initial retail run? Does it push the number to 300K? 350K? Either way this is the furthest thing from a megaton you can get.

Epiphyte

Streaks said:
all thats needed is for someone to photoshop a pistol into NiGHTS' hand to make it more like the final version im expecting :(
Oh God, don't say this. Someone from Sega might be listening right now.

Krowley

Any potentially exclusive support for the wii is relevant...

Games don't need a big franchise name to sell, it helps, but there always has to be a "first" success. The fact that it might be exclusive means that it could end up being important.

Who knows how much word of mouth has raised the name value of this franchise over the years... I think the quirkyness might make it a bit tougher to market though.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
FirstInHell said:
How many people played the game after its initial retail run? Does it push the number to 300K? 350K? Either way this is the furthest thing from a megaton you can get.
why is it so hard to understand that some people really enjoyed the first one and are cautiously excited about it's sequel? why everything needs to be sales numbers and shit?

FirstInHell said:

people was expecting this game for 10 years, now when its get revealed its not a megaton? GTFO, if you think this won't sell more then the original, your a bias fanboy, theres no other conclusion to that budd.

btrboyev

Either way this is the furthest thing from a megaton you can get.

okay sure...having a beloved franchise that fans have wanted a sequel to for 11 years but were told it would never happen now finally may get one and its not huge? Please pass the pipe.

Eteric Rice

topsyturvy said:
people was expecting this game for 10 years, now when its get revealed its not a megaton? GTFO, if you think this won't sell more then the original, your a bias fanboy, theres no other conclusion to that budd.

Yeah, the only thing I could see on a similar scale would be an english release of the Earthbound series.

Muppet345

btrboyev said:
okay sure...having a beloved franchise that fans have wanted a sequel to for 11 years but were told it would never happen now finally may get one and its not huge? Please pass the pipe.
bububut it doesn't sell as much as GTA!!

FirstInHell said:

The 200k number is from VG-Charts' Square, who hasn't said yet (unless I missed it) where his number is from. That also only counts the US. I'd really be surprised if NiGHTS wasn't at least a million seller worldwide, and that's also not counting the people who got the free Christmas NiGHTS demo disc.

It's not an earth-shattering GTA-level thing, but it doesn't have to be. If it's fun and a modest hit for Sega that's a win all-around. Let everyone else enjoy killing hookers and cops, I'm gonna enjoy some blue skies.

Haunted

Error said:
why is it so hard to understand that some people really enjoyed the first one and are cautiously excited about it's sequel? why everything needs to be sales numbers and shit?
QFT

THIS IS NOT A SALES-AGE THREAD.

FirstInHell said:

Millions of irrelevant people

Evlar

Banned
FirstInHell said:
How is this a megaton exclusive? A bunch of fanboys on the Internet crying for a sequel for 10 years does not mean the game is going to sell a billion copies. How many casual Nintendo fans that are buying the current crap Sonic titles have even heard of this game?

FirstInHell said:
:lol :lol :lol

My point exactly. Anyone thinking this will sell well or that mainstream gamers give a crap about this game is really living in fantasy land.

FirstInHell said:

FirstInHell said:
How many times are you going to keep posting the same thing?

[Nintex]

Haunted_One said:
QFT

THIS IS NOT A SALES-AGE THREAD.
Sales are important, no sales=no sequel, or no more games from a certain company. Devs can't bleed money because 4000 crazy fanboys want a new Nights game...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
topsyturvy said:
stop making fun of me grammy
:lol :lol
sorry, i'm not really english, though i'm just so damn happy. :)
Well if English isn't your native language I can look the other way...This time!

Considering S-pong mentioned Sonic Team USA (StH 360 and PS3) and Sonic Team JP (SatSR) in the same article, they obviously don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Taurus

The Sphinx said:
How many times are you going to keep posting the same thing?
After someone notices him. If you keep ignoring him I bet he'll start yelling he has a bomb and he'll blow up the whole Internet if people don't start paying attention.

[Nintex] said:
Sales are important, no sales=no sequel, or no more games from a certain company. Devs can't bleed money because 4000 crazy fanboys want a new Nights game...

but its coming.....sooooo wtf.

Top Bottom