• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Did a source other than ***** say it's ST-USA? Their article doesn't look legit as usual.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Eteric Rice said:
It would be bigger. Earthbound fans know no bounds.

Yeah, all five of 'em :lol

Not to be hating – I'm sure it's a great game. But it's even less known (at least here in Europe and NA I guess). Compared to Nights I think there's a lot fewer who have a relation to Earthbound.

I haven't really got any real connection to either of the games, but for me the news about Nights is far bigger, even though Earthbound also would be welcome.

ZeoVGM

Banned
BTW, I think it's a little unfair and ****ing STUPID to compare the sales of a Saturn game to the possible sales of a Wii game.

Jeez.

topsyturvy said:
people was expecting this game for 10 years, now when its get revealed its not a megaton? GTFO, if you think this won't sell more then the original, your a bias fanboy, theres no other conclusion to that budd.

What does being a bias fanboy have to do with my opinion regarding the viability of the Nights franchise? I am just trying to prepare everyone from the eventual letdown that will come when this game does not sell a million units and is labeled a "BOMB".

EphemeralDream said:
Considering S-pong mentioned Sonic Team USA (StH 360 and PS3) and Sonic Team JP (SatSR) in the same article, they obviously don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I have a feeling that if Sonic Team USA are working on anything it would be some sort of mainstream multiplatform Sonic game. Also, Sonic Team Japan already have experience working with the Wii.

[Nintex]

topsyturvy said:
but its coming.....sooooo wtf.
Just an example, im wondering is this game will be good. Sonic Secret Rings is great restored my faith in SEGA after I wanted to help them burn and die because of Sonic 360...

kylej

Banned
m0dus said:
Let me clarify it for you then: It's a MEGATON for those of us that actually PLAY VIDEOGAMES, not for those concerned with shoving meaningless sales figures down peoples' throats month after month to justify their investments.

I guarantee you 95+% of the people who play video games have never heard of the original NIGHTS nor care about NIGHTS 2.

It's a megaton for people who post on a few video game message boards.

PowerSmell said:
Millions of irrelevant people

Those "irrelevant" people are the only reason you're getting a sequel to an obscure Saturn game. If people didn't buy Sega's recent turds then Sega would be be out of business.

I think people here don't know what the "industry" part of "gaming industry" means.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PowerSmell said:
I have a feeling that if Sonic Team USA are working on anything it would be some sort of mainstream multiplatform Sonic game. Also, Sonic Team Japan already have experience working with the Wii.
Exactly, if anything they should be giving the US branch Naka's old project from E3 since they have experience with the next-generation platforms.

FirstInHell said:
What does being a bias fanboy have to do with my opinion regarding the viability of the Nights franchise? I am just trying to prepare everyone from the eventual letdown that will come when this game does not sell a million units and is labeled a "BOMB".

Oh, well, thanks then. So, what did you think of the last "Elliot" level in NiGHTS?

Kevar said:
33wozdxon6.gif
:lol

FirstInHell said:

why the in the hell would i care, i'll have the game. take that BS somewhere else please

Haunted

[Nintex] said:
Sales are important, no sales=no sequel, or no more games from a certain company. Devs can't bleed money because 4000 crazy fanboys want a new Nights game...
Of course they are, but there's a time and place for everything. This thread here is the place to celebrate (possible) confirmation of NiGHTS 2 (maybe) for Wii (or another Nintendo platform).

We discuss sales in Sales-Age threads and celebrate/eat crow/anticipate in announcement threads. Mixing the two just results in tears, frustration
and explosions!

kylej said:
Those "irrelevant" people are the only reason you're getting a sequel to an obscure Saturn game.

The millions of people who didn't buy NiGHTS are the reason we're getting a sequel?
Also, NiGHTS is one of the highest profile Saturn games.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
kylej said:
I guarantee you 95+% of the people who play video games have never heard of the original NIGHTS nor care about NIGHTS 2.

Those "irrelevant" people are the only reason you're getting a sequel to an obscure Saturn game. If people didn't buy Sega's recent turds then Sega would be be out of business.

I think people here don't know what the "industry" part of "gaming industry" means.
Why do you give a shit if people are excited about this? What kind of retarded point are you trying to make here exactly?

angelfly

Wow this this thread really took a turn. It went from excitement to "look at this 10 year old sales data it shows nights won't sell now so lets not get excited".

kylej said:

segata8tinew.gif

_Angelus_

Banned
We'll see how this all pans out.I'm skeptikal as hell that this is legit. Plus I really don't want to spend 250 dollars just to play this game. Until then this "news" is nada for me.

Muppet345

you people hurt my head.

I never dreamed that NiGHTS would be announced and we'd get a thread where half the people are arguing that the announcement isn't a big deal because it didn't sell well.

at least the troll mods haven't shown up yet.

Any posts about how much the game sells are completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter how much NiGHTS 2 sells, what matters is that it's coming.

ZeoVGM

Banned
kylej said:

Absolutely wrong. NiGHTS is more known than you think. Not exactly WELL KNOWN, but I have plenty of non-forum going friends that played it or heard of it. More of them heard of it and WANTED to play it but didn't have a Saturn.

I think you and others need to realize that just because a game that was on Saturn wasn't some huge megahit, doesn't mean more new people won't play it on a system like Wii. Fact is, being on a system like Wii could really open up the fanbase.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Oh, well, thanks then. So, what did you think of the last "Elliot" level in NiGHTS?

He was busy playing Crash Bandicoot back then. Aint got no time for bad selling games.

Segata Sanshiro said:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/SegataSan/segata8tinew.gif

Big%20Thumbs%20Up.jpg

Can someone PS a gif of Segata Sanshiro throwing the NeoGAF logo into a fiery blaze? This thread is absolutely ridiculous. How can you apply the rules of sales 10 years ago to today. Especially when we don't know a damn thing about the game.

topsyturvy said:
why the in the hell would i care, i'll have the game. take that BS somewhere else please

No problem. Thanks for keeping a watch on the forums and making sure everyone is posting only about what you want to talk about (in this case a circle jerk for a Nights sequel).

Guys, in the grand scheme of things, everything is irrelevant. It's a great big universe and we're all really puny, just tiny specks of dust about the size of Mickey Rooney. So don't worry about it, relax, play what you like, and only worry about sales numbers if you like playing sales numbers game, which is totally different from gaming.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Kylej:

I've already said it once but I'll say it twice I guess.

Have you heard of SOTC? How many percent of ALL gamers know of Ico?

kylej said:

WOW.... why are you even posting in this thread. If you don't like us irrelevant people, you can go bounce.

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
Can we just pre-emptively post this pic to everyone talking about sales-age in this ANNOUNCEMENT/EXCITEMENT thread?
FirstInHell said:
No problem. Thanks for keeping a watch on the forums and making sure everyone is posting only about what you want to talk about (in this case a circle jerk for a Nights sequel).
francis.jpg

Mariah Carey said:
Any posts about how much the game sells are completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter how much NiGHTS 2 sells, what matters is that it's coming.

QFT. Either take joy in the fact that this may or may not be coming or don't. Past sales are irrelevant to what this thread was about which is a possible confirmation of a game.

Why do people have to throw around sales numbers now a days? I get that Sales-Age is important around here but I thought the majority of us are gamers? Or not... :/

FirstInHell said:

Nights will sell very well for whatever console it is released on. While it's true that only a select number have actually played the title (those of us who actually bought the Saturn or obtained it in another sneaky fashion), you can tell from this board and others that gamers refer to the game as if it has some kind of godly status wether or not they've actually played the game or not. Its repute far exceeds its past sales numbers.

The Sphinx said:
Announce a new Panzer Dragoon while you're at it, Sega!
I'm up for another Panzer Dragoon game. But what I'd really like is a new Panzer Dragoon Saga. That and NiGHTS would give me a heart attack.

RavenFox

Banned
Manmedaz said:
+1

It could be perfect with Wii's gameplay !
Hell no! No offence to the Wii but this game should not be held back or butchered by the Flintones gpu in the Wii. Put this bitch on 360 or PS3. If motion control is needed then shit drop in on PS3 and give it the graphics that the year 2007 and beyond call for.

Haunted

RavenFox said:
Hell no! No offence to the Wii but this game should not be held back or butchered by the Flintones gpu in the Wii. Put this beat on 360 or PS3. If motion control is needed then shit drop in on PS3 and give the graphics that the year 2007 call for.
WOW

FirstInHell said:

NO SHIT WE GONNA HAVE A CIRCLE JERK ABOUT NIGHTS IN A ****ING NIGHTS 2 REVEALED THREAD, DO YOU KNOW HOW RETARDED YOU JUST MADE YOU SELF SOUND.

tribal24

Banned
RavenFox said:
Hell no! No offence to the Wii but this game should not be held back or butchered by the Flintones gpu in the Wii. Put this bitch on 360 or PS3. If motion control is needed then shit drop in on PS3 and give it the graphics that the year 2007 and beyond call for.

i kinda agree with him but i will be fine with a wii version just imagine if it was built for the ground up on ps3 or 360@.@

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hironobu Sakaguchi is IRRELEVANT

AHHHHHH

(btw, it doesn't matter that NiGHTS 2 is coming or what NiGHTS 1 sold, it matters that a GOOD NiGHTS 2 is coming. A bad NiGHTS 2 will be worse than no NiGHTS 2 at all.)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
RavenFox said:

:lol

;_;

7Th

NIGHTSOOOOOOOOOO!

OMG WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"!?!?"?!?"!?!"!?!??"!?!??!?!?ONEONONEONEONEONE''?ONE?

Muppet345

RavenFox said:
Possibly the greatest announcement to happen this year ruined by NeoGAF trolls in ten pages or less. And not one mod is going to care. Well done, everyone.

Kevtones

RavenFox said:

shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

crbowen

RavenFox said:

What is a Flintones gpu?

Any real NiGHTS fan wouldn't give a crap which system it's on. I mean, graphics? You do remember the original was a 3D Saturn game, right? It had brilliant art direction, but the game ran terribly in places. Clearly, the love for the game is not due to its technical achievements. Anyway, it can be on any damn system, I'll buy it, I'll buy every version of it, and I'll even buy a copy in the name of FirstInHell just to render him irrelevant.

Top Bottom