• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIGHTS: Journey of Dreams E3 Trailer & Gameplay Footage

MrDaravon

Okay I don't think it's just us, I just drug my wife in here who was a huge fan of NiGHTS and thought the gameplay parts looked awesome, but thought trailer was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing. Seriously Sega, what the hell?

Well, the movie does look better than the screens; its much harder to pick out the flaws while moving. Course this is a poor quality movie, and no idea how it'll look like on a TV screen.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Segata Sanshiro said:
SEGATA IS DOWNLOADING

WHY WAS SEGATA SINGING KARAOKE INSTEAD OF BEING ON HIS GUARD

Impressions eagerly anticipated

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I dont get it, can you even die in this game? and the TCHAAAAAAAAA when you held the joker thing became annoying really fast XD

thefro

Gameplay parts exceeded my expectations, except for the lack of music in this vid.

Quality music is really going to be important. I watched the gameplay trailer while listening to a youtube video of some of the Saturn music (Splash Garden) and everything clicked really nicely.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is going to be one of those games where intelligent discussion about it on GAF is gonna be impossible for at least six months after the game's release. :lol

It has more potential than I thought, but I don't know if the team is gonna have time to really do all that much.

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
This is going to be one of those games where intelligent discussion about it on GAF is gonna be impossible for at least six months after the game's release. :lol

It has more potential than I thought, but I don't know if the team is gonna have time to really do all that much.

I remember an interview saying they got started after last year's E3..if that's true they would have a decent development cycle right?

Krowley

In motion, this looks pretty good.. The gameplay videos were hurt by the lack of music.. Once the music is there, i'm sure it will seem even better.

I wonder how this controls?

schuelma

Krowley said:
In motion, this looks pretty good.. The gameplay videos were hurt by the lack of music.. Once the music is there, i'm sure it will seem even better.

I wonder how this controls?

That really is the key.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Uh. Well, looks ok I guess. That's about the jist of it from me. It looks like Nights, that's for sure.

schuelma said:
Well, May 06 to October 07- 16-17 months?

If they started development immediately after E3 '06, yes, but the last info on development I saw said that they began in late 2006. Of course, that also said that development switched to Wii at that stage, so it may be that some of the conceptual/design work was already done by that stage. Still, I don't think this has had a very long dev cycle, though perhaps longer than Sonic Wii had.

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
Link for May please. I've heard way later.

Sorry, don't have the link, just remember in one of the interviews the producer or whoever said they started development "right around E3" or something like that. But honestly, based on the screens you're most likely correct.

After seeing the Sonic Rush Adv vids I can now assume that Sega's approach is to make games identical to their predecessors.

thefro

phez said:
$10 says this goes the way of sonic

On-Rails = no camera problems, so I doubt that. It probably won't be as good as the first but I think it'll be easily better than the recent Sonics.

thefro said:
On-Rails = no camera problems, so I doubt that. It probably won't be as good as the first but I think it'll be easily better than the recent Sonics.

Weeeelll, much as I enjoyed Sonic Wii, being on rails didn't help the camera issues there. They were less of a problem further into the game as Sonic's stats improved, but at the outset the camera was very jittery - not to mention the massive problem with backing up and reversing, though at least part of that was control-related.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
evilromero said:
To give you a gaf answer-
You've never played NiGHTS have you?

Nope, never have. But I have seen a couple of threads where people go bonanza over this game. So I am kinda intrested in what the game is about.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
This was a preview for a Disney film...right?

Game didn't look as bad as I thought...

I'm praying!

fernoca

Classic NeoGAF...
Before the sequel was annnounced:
-Come on Sega, just port the game!
-Come on Sega, just make a sequel!
-Come on Sega, just the same game with more stages!
-Come on Sega, I don't care for the system just make another one!

After the sequel was announced:
-Sega sucks, it looks like a port of the first game!
-Sega sucks, is the same game!
-Sega sucks, the stages look the same!
-Sega sucks, this game is for Wii!

Oh well... :lol

And count me with Segata (if he's not being sarcastic):
fernoca said:
Loved the trailer. :)
So many years waiting for this game..*sniff*

Top Bottom