• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nightwish announces a new album HUMAN. :II: NATURE (10th April 2020)

VulcanRaven

When Finnish sextet Nightwish announce a new studio album people tend to take notice. They know that something special is brewing. Band leader Tuomas Holopainen once said that whenever he creates a new record he has the intention of capturing something rare and unique, a monument and a true album experience. In 2020 he’s certain to achieve his objective once again. Nightwish have completed the recordings for their 9th studio album and are proud to announce the title, artwork and tracklisting.

HUMAN. :II: NATURE. will be released on 10th April 2020. The long-awaited record, following 2015’s critically-acclaimed “Endless Forms Most Beautiful”, will be a double album containing 9 tracks on the main CD and one long track, divided into eight chapters on CD 2.The tracklisting will read as follows:

Disc 1:

1. Music
  2. Noise
  3. Shoemaker
  4. Harvest
  5. Pan
  6. How’s The Heart?
  7. Procession
  8. Tribal
  9. Endlessness
Disc 2:

1. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Vista
  2. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Blue
  3. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - The Green
  4. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Moors
  5. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Aurorae
  6. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Quiet As The Snow
  7. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Anthropocene (incl. “Hurrian Hymn To Nikkal”)
  8. All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World - Ad Astra

The album pre-order will start on February 7th.

HUMAN. :II: NATURE. was recorded from August to October 2019 at Röskö campsite, Petrax Studios and Troykington castle, as well as Finnvox Studios, by Tero Kinnunen, Mikko Karmila and Troy Donockley. The mixing was done by Mikko Karmila at Finnvox, with Tuomas Holopainen and Tero Kinnunen. Mastering was done by Mika Jussila at Finnvox.

nightwish-human-nature-2020-700x700.jpg

Are there other Nightwish fans here? I really liked the last album so I hope this will be good as that. It was released 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Fbh

Nice, April is pretty soon too.
I didn't like their last album so I hope this one is better. I like Floor Jansen (the live Wacken album with here is awesome) a lot better than Anette, but as an album I vastly prefer Imaginaerum over the last one.

Last edited:

TindalosPup

I didn't even know they were still releasing, I haven't listened to them since like 2012

It seems I must do some catch up

This is what happens when you crawl under a rock straight out of highschool

boring song

didn't like last album either. he obviously wants to go down this lame-ass orchestral/pop route from now on

bring back the power metal

edit: the video is cliched BS too. Oh look people taking selfies, taking selfies is bad. Look a man in a gas mask in an oil bath. I guess pollution is bad too. Thanks for the stunning hot take guise

Last edited:

Airola

I'll be the old ass elitist here and say the only really good Nightwish albums were Angels Fall First and Oceanborn.

Interestingly enough I still don't own either of those albums but have the next two albums. Oh well.

Angels Fall First was great. I remember when it came out and a friend of mine bought it. We anticipated their next album a lot and Sacrament of Wilderness was really really good song! For some reason the next album didn't do much for me and my interest started to gradually fall.

The more symphonic and complex their thing went, the less I cared. Now they have this pipe dude going along with them and it just puts me off even more. I just heard some Sacrament of Wilderness live performance where that guy played parts of the solos with his pipe thing and I just thought why why why...

Floor is a phenomenal singer and has tons of this amazon sensual charisma though.

thenugget

Neo Member
Gosh, i'm so hyped for their upcoming album. Heard both singles, Noise and Harvest. Love Noise to bits and as an oldie fan I find Harvest to be such a nostalgic track, love the low voice of Marko as Troy and Floor sing, he brings in such nice and gentle edge to the song

Top Bottom