• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nikkei Trendy reports rumor that 3DS Lite is coming, thickness and runtime improved

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
I really don't care about redesigns, I never think the changes are enough to make me mad.
I had my original GBA until the DS came out and I had the DS phat until I bought my 3DS.

Captain N

I hope Nintendo makes the 3DS bigger with the 3DS Lite. my hards are too big to enjoy playing the 3DS for long periods of time!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
That's why Nintendo's pumping out colors and LEs so quickly. Gotta make as much as possible on plain 3DS units before moving onto the first revision.

and that's exactly why i'm not plunging into 3ds myself atm...
console revisions are a plague... it's like a punch in the face to early adopters..

I really want to get one for RE Revelations, but I cannot do that knowing that a better model is likely coming... I know it may be a while, which makes it hard for the RE whore that I am, but I must persist!

18-Volt

I hope they improve internal memory somehow. I've got only 5 DSiware games and it's already full. 8 gb will do fine.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sounds like he hasn't heard that it was confirmed by Nintendo?

Maybe because it wasn't.

and that's exactly why i'm not plunging into 3ds myself atm...
console revisions are a plague... it's like a punch in the face to early adopters..

I love how non-early adopters love to say every single thing is "a punch in the face to early adopters".

I hope they improve internal memory somehow. I've got only 5 DSiware games and it's already full. 8 gb will do fine.

You'd rather buy a new system than a new SD card?!

Also this isn't even rumor, it's analyst speculation, the equivalent of something Patcher predicts being taken as rumor. Do people here even read?

A redesign can't some soon enough, the original hardware has too many flaws like battery life, scratches and the hinges and they need to fix all of them.

guek

Banned
If this rumor is referring to a 3DSXL with a second analog and better battery, I will be ecstatic. It could be released at $199 to great effect.

If it's talking about a future 3DSLite with nothing but a better battery life and maybe an even smaller form factor, I'm pretty indifferent on the whole matter.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You'd rather buy a new system than a new SD card?!

Also this isn't even rumor, it's analyst speculation, the equivalent of something Patcher predicts being taken as rumor. Do people here even read?

DSiWare games are stored in the internal memory.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Please fix the HORRIBLE select/home/start buttons. I know you fucked it up on purpose Nintendo for the redesign but don't wait until the second redesign please.

Also fix the fucking loose hinge for all units. I'm ready to sell my old 3DS.

Oh wow.

More ambassador games incoming?

Also, didn't Burntpork have a bet on of some sort over this?

As someone who can read the print...this isnt even a rumor. Its noting a "possibility". Pure speculation.

that being said, of course it is true.

春[3DS Lite]が登場か
3DSの普及を進めるために弱点である「厚み」や「騒動時間」を改良した軽量バージョンが出る可能性がある。

People don't read here

Barrett2

You're telling me that Nintendo is releasing a lite version of a handheld a little more than one year after the original? Shocking.

My ambassadorship continues to expand.

Orayn

Calling it now: The redesign won't incorporate the Frankenstick unless it's a "deluxe" version like the DSi XL.

LOCK

We know a redesign will happen. But how will the logistics work out for a launch this year. Doesn't make sense people.

It's been confirmed that the 3DS is selling faster than the Wii did during the same time in it's life, I just can't see them bringing out a redesign any time soon, why would they considering the sales?

M3d10n

It's been confirmed that the 3DS is selling faster than the Wii did during the same time in it's life, I just can't see them bringing out a redesign any time soon, why would they considering the sales?

I can see they doing it if it's a premium model to exist alongside the current one. A DSLite-style replacement would be stupid.

Barrett2

I can see they doing it if it's a premium model to exist alongside the current one. A DSLite-style replacement would be stupid.

Why would it be stupid? Plenty of people bought and continue to buy countless DS and smart phone iterations. What about 3DS is at all different from the DS?

Thinner?
inEKjbZwKzymH.gif

This better not be true.

As someone who can read the print...this isnt even a rumor. Its noting a "possibility". Pure speculation.

that being said, of course it is true.

春[3DS Lite]が登場か
3DSの普及を進めるために弱点である「厚み」や「騒動時間」を改良した軽量バージョンが出る可能性がある。
Oh thank goodness.

Bullza2o

I may be interested in this if it offers a bottom screen bigger than a DS Lite's and a top screen as big/bigger than a DSi's. Oh and a second circle pad built in.

Nikkei recent rumors have been way off.

What about Fire Emblem DLC and installing games to 3DS internal memory? Still waiting.

Now they are calling a 3DS Lite and Monster Hunter Vita, are we sure this isn't a prediction edition? LOL

EDIT: I see, so there's a difference between Nikkei and Nikkei Trendy.

MH Vita rumor? Where?

nuckles87

That at least took 15 months to be released. This is probably coming next month.

This doesn't even make fucking sense. There are special editions of the current model coming in March! I learned my lesson, that's for sure.

I was thinking that this wouldn't come any earlier than June. If it turns out that this doesn't release until after E3, I'll be fine. The only issue is that I'm not sure if I want to trade in my Zelda 3DS. :/

What makes you think it's coming next month? It hasn't even been officially announced. I've never known Nintendo to launch a new model of their handheld less then a month after it's announced, it typically takes this six months or more. As you said, there are special edition models coming in March; definitely not coming any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom