• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Official Thread

kiryogi

Banned
A bit curious really. The real Path of the Warrior is a lot easier than the demo's was. JP Warrior a lot harder or demo was just harder in general? IE against the buddha boss. I had to evade roll or so from the blasts of light. In actual retail, I can just run away from them. Flying Swallow seems extremely effective unlike the demo as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No new game+? What the fuck.
NinjaCodah said:
You don't need to upgrade all weapons to level 2 before you can move to level 3. I think I'm chapter 10 now and I just unlocked dragon sword lvl3. It was impossible before that point however.
This is at least good news.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
maybe you have to stay logged in so they can force you to have the latest game update and you cant play offline thus exploiting something before its patched, IF there is a exploit found

if that sounds retarded then lets act like i never said it :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Darkpen said:
<3 Gametrailer's review <3

*glares at IGN*
Yeah the GT review was really detailed and awesome.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
kiryogi said:
Alright maybe I'm retarded. But how do you finish off the Buddha boss? I was able to do it in the demo, but here I just slash at him and he goes down. No super cool sequence where Hayabusa leaps on him or anything D: I've redone the fight several times now.

I think you might be too far into his face. You basically have to be around the top of his head after he bows over. If you're within his arms, then you're too close.

suikodan

I played a bit yesterday and have some questions:

1- is there any way to activate a blood option? it's a bit too clean for my taste :lol
2- I'm not a pro but is Acolyte a bit too easy?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
suikodan said:
I played a bit yesterday and have some questions:

1- is there any way to activate a blood option? it's a bit too clean for my taste :lol
2- I'm not a pro but is Acolyte a bit too easy?

1- *sigh* For the last time, no.
2- Probably. It actually is an easy mode this time.

Fantasmo

So I picked up the game despite the lack of gore, because I love me some Ninja Gaiden and I've had a chance to sink my teeth into the game a bit and here's what I've found compared to NG2:

Pros:

Graphics are beautiful. 720p, high res textures, smoother framerate, it's just prettier all around.

Extra bosses, different enemies. Neat.
Infinite Arrows is pretty neat.
Momiji is a very fun character to play. I'm hoping Ayane and Rachel are the same.
I love the team mode. Very fun.

There are no cons in terms of sound or gameplay. In fact, the controller configuration feels better.

Much less projectile attacks from the enemies.
Big new badass weapon in the
Statue of Liberty
level

Cons:

WAY TOO EASY on Warrior. Enemies take much less to kill, do not attack as much, do not attack as relentlessly. Even with bosses, this thing is a cakewalk so far.

Sucks that I have to play twice over to get a much tougher game.

No charging on the fiend bow. Default arrows way too powerful. This annoys me to no end. I loved that feature. It was cool to watch the bow power up. The bass thump during the charge was cool. It forced you to plan out your battle. Argh.

Said it before, I'll say it again. NEEDS BLOOD. It was so much more satisfying during the battles to see the blood spurts. They even cut some of the gore out of the cutscenes, (wasn't a werewolf supposed to split in half at the beginning of the
Venice
stage?)

No Windmill Star, no incendiary shurikens. Those were awesome.

Weapon Upgrades are once per stage at blue shops, which makes money borderline useless unless you really suck.

Don't care, but odd:

Lives of a thousand gods doesn't fill your health.
Scenes removed or altered.
No gatling spear gun. No exploding underwater enemies.

So anyway, it's still the same great game, with all kinds of cool whizbang extras. It's just too easy! The only alteration to difficulty that NG2 really NEEDED was to tone down the projectiles, especially offscreen projectiles.

Finally the blood belonged there. Sure the game stands tall on its other merits, I still think this is a completely dumbass change and I hope Tecmo gets enough backlash to put it back in. If that doesn't happen, I hope it comes back in the sequel. I don't care what anyone else says, it added a lot to the intensity.

Yoshichan

And here I was thinking Europe would get this game first.

2th october release, WHAT THE FUCK?

i-Lo

Did anyone get the white costume here yet?

I got a few pictures of it from the GT forums.

v60z0g.jpg

2w6f3mx.jpg

1079x6a.jpg

I have to say I am glad it's white. Sometimes in the heat of battle when enemies swarm and attack from all direction, similar default clothing really makes it difficult to pick out Ryu.

Yoshichan

Guys, anyone beat this yet? What's the surprise at the end? Spoiler tag it.

aryanr said:
Did anyone get the white costume here yet?

I got a few pictures of it from the GT forums.

v60z0g.jpg

2w6f3mx.jpg

1079x6a.jpg

I have to say I am glad it's white. Sometimes in the heat of battle when enemies swarm and attack from all direction, similar default clothing really makes it difficult to pick out Ryu.
hey it's storm shadow

WilyRook

junkster said:
They even cut some of the gore out of the cutscenes, (wasn't a werewolf supposed to split in half at the beginning of the
Venice
stage?)

Is Elizabet
still taking a bloodbath in the cutscene before you fight her?

i-Lo

canova said:
It's confirmed. They've been talking about it in gamefaqs/gamespot forums

Very well. Thank you.

Btw, it would be great to see some GAFfers post images of the white costume of Ryu

Yoshichan

Genshin, the
boss in chapter 2?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Seiken said:
Genshin, the
boss in chapter 2?

It makes sense.
He has the Underworld Drop in the second encounter, after all. I like the idea of his getting trounced by the Izuna first round, then bringing his own throw in the second.

Mrbob

aryanr said:
Here, thanks to a friend on GT I found this vid on Youtube showing the Izuna Drop on
Genshin
:

Look at 00:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-zQUH2WBE

Damn that scene looks so nice in Sigma 2. I have a 10 dollar best buy gift card....making me want to go to the store after work and pick it up!

I really want to try out team missions online as well.....hearing it is pretty laggy at the moment tho!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Damn that scene looks so nice in Sigma 2. I have a 10 dollar best buy gift card....making me want to go to the store after work and pick it up!
LOL! I had the same reaction. Remember this upcoming month though....

bwahhhhh

i thought the gore in NG2 was too over the top and goofy, felt more like MK than NG, so i was initially glad to hear they toned down the blood, but i think they toned it down a bit too much. something in between NG2 and NGS2 would have been nice.

S1kkZ

wow @ elizabeth
you see her fully naked in the bloodbath sequence, incl. nipples
the "epic stairs" are no longer epic: 5 enemies at once.

rvy

Banned
S1kkZ said:
wow @ elizabeth
you see her fully naked in the bloodbath sequence, incl. nipples
the "epic stairs" are no longer epic: 5 enemies at once.
No slowdown then? Awesome. :D

Mr.NiceGuy

Don't know if old but the game got A- from 1UP (NG2 360 got B+).

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3176253&p=37

Despite those glitches, action fans and even seasoned veterans who have played and beaten Gaiden 2 will still enjoy Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The level changes remove the garbage found in Gaiden 2, while creating an almost new experience, and the Team Mission mode introduces thoughtful, meaningful ways to test your skills. Any doubts about whether Team Ninja could succeed without their former boss now sit on shaky ground -- the developer seems to be thriving.

Mrbob

So chapter select is in Sigma 2...that is good.

You know what is funny? I remember when Ninja Gaiden 2 360 was first shown off....there was a chapter select screen for it. I wonder where it disappeared in the final version?

Top Bottom