• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Official Thread

Finally got a chance to get this today and just started. I'm digging this installation intro. It's probably been brought up but I find it interesting this is mostly comic book style rather than manga style.

kuYuri

iconoclast said:
Tried everything, couldn't find a way to toggle it. R2 shoots the bow, R1 centers the camera on the boss, holding R1 did nothing, L2 aims, etc. Clicking the sticks didn't worth either.

I could have sworn it was R3 when I played the demo.

panda21

am getting it tomorrow anyway but i'm wondering can you play the whole game as the girl from the demo? at least as an unlock?

or is it only specific sections like the awful stuff in sigma 1 with that blonde woman?

i was surprised the girl in the demo was actually really good fun to play as.

i-Lo

GS found the implementation of sixaxis dumb? I thought it was the least distracting (with regards to gameplay) and most LoL worthy (in a good way) usage of sixaxis.

Getting thrown out of the game when PSN signs out is a real pain in the ass. Needs patching. My PSN is always playing up and signing me out for no reason.

lupinko

panda21 said:
am getting it tomorrow anyway but i'm wondering can you play the whole game as the girl from the demo? at least as an unlock?

or is it only specific sections like the awful stuff in sigma 1 with that blonde woman?

i was surprised the girl in the demo was actually really good fun to play as.

Girl from demo, blonde woman from sigma 1 awful stuff sections, and other girl all have their own stages, but it is only 1 stage each, well I think it is, I'm only on chapter 6. lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
just got my copy but can't play until later next week :(

but yeah , I noticed that there is no " Only on PlayStation " tag on it anymore , just PlayStation Network , unlike the official boxart , wonder why they changed that
I guess there is a possibility for Sigma 2 to be on 360 after all

Just finished Chapter 16 with all 30 skulls and there was no giant skull. :(

There's no trophy for collecting all the skulls by the way.

You can still get a Game Over on the final chapter for shooting
Sonia with the bow
too.

i-Lo

iconoclast said:

Sonia with the bow
too.

Does collecting the skulls, much like golden scarabs in NGS, unlock anything?

MMaRsu

Banned
Small question about Ninja Gaiden 2 ( xbox 360 ). I didn't want to bump that old ass topic.

Does the NTSC version of NG2 have decaps or not? It sure has alot of blood and limbs flying off I think but does it have head decaps?

kuYuri

MMaRsu said:
Small question about Ninja Gaiden 2 ( xbox 360 ). I didn't want to bump that old ass topic.

Does the NTSC version of NG2 have decaps or not? It sure has alot of blood and limbs flying off I think but does it have head decaps?

NGII goes beyond decaps man. Limbs flying off, people cut in half, etc.

Just finished Mentor; it's really not that much harder than Warrior. The later chapters have a bunch of the new red ninjas and blue IS ninjas, but they still go down with a single Tonfa ET/UT...

Alexei still goes into his berserk mode, on Mentor at least (didn't notice it Warrior...), but he no longer does the triple tornado. Still haven't fought any of the red dragons either...

Anyway, the costume(s) you get for completing mentor:
The Dynasty Warriors costumes for Ryu and Rachel.

aryanr said:
Does collecting the skulls, much like golden scarabs in NGS, unlock anything?

Looks like it only gives you a discount at Muramasa's shop, which is pretty pointless because you'll have several hundred thousand essence by the time you finish the game.

MMaRsu said:

Yes.

MMaRsu said:

Yes.

Mrbob

This may have been answered already, but do the unlocks and trophies trickle down?

If I beat the game on Path of the Warrior, do I get the trophy and unlock for acolyte difficulty?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
can anyone give a detailed summary on the difference between this and the 360 version gameplay and performance wise?

iconoclast?

Error said:
can anyone give a detailed summary on the difference between this and the 360 version gameplay and performance wise?

iconoclast?

So far it runs a lot better than the 360 version, but there are some areas with horrible slowdown. It has less enemies per encounter and less encounters in general.

I made a post detailing some of the changes a couple pages back: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17828952&postcount=1158

Other than that, the Scythe no longer rapes every boss with ease. Jump+XY does practically no damage to bosses. The Tengu boss is pretty good; probably one of the better bosses in the game. Momiji is good, Ayane is decent, Rachel is awful - I still wouldn't pick any of them over Ryu though. Incendiary Shuriken enemies are pretty rare, and when they do appear they only throw IS occasionally. I dunno what else... overall I'd say it's several times easier than NG2. They also cut out Tests of Valor entirely, if you didn't know.

iconoclast said:

Sonia with the bow
too.

Damn, I'm closer to the end than I thought. The first Sigma kicked my ass, but I really liked this one.

Waikis

lupinko said:
Girl from demo, blonde woman from sigma 1 awful stuff sections, and other girl all have their own stages, but it is only 1 stage each, well I think it is, I'm only on chapter 6. lol

1 stage each?? Dammit, I was hoping that i could use the new characters for a complete playthrough.

Played 4 online co-op games, all had varying degrees of lag. One "optimal" connection was really laggy, one "good" connection was horrific, borderline unplayable, and another "optimal" connection was laggy (had freezing/slowdown every few seconds) but it was at least playable, and the last match was "optimal" and it was decently smooth. Still had freezing occasionally, but it was okay I suppose. Still, I don't think I'd want to play any of the harder missions online if that was as good as it gets.

edit: just played another optimal match that was probably the best connection yet. Still some lag spikes every once in a while, but not too bad.

LordK

I've played a lot more co-op missions. There's a ton of lag. Though, some games you get used to it and kinda disregard it. Seriously, patch this shit, Team Ninja.

Regardless, it's fun as hell.

Mrbob

Dang, too bad about the online. Hopefully it is patched soon. If it worked properly this would be the thing that could push me over the edge to get Sigma 2 sooner.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
iconoclast, do you know yet what you need to do to unlock the original NES costume?

Seems this game has more costumes to get than the "one costume unlock per difficulty" in the previous games.

:lol :lol :lol :lol
I just started chapter 1 on Master Ninja, and in the battle before the first giant buddha fight I UT'd a guy with the Dragon Sword and teleported behind the closed door where you acquire the lunar. Looks like I'm gonna have to restart in order to get out of here...

FTWer said:
iconoclast, do you know yet what you need to do to unlock the original NES costume?

Seems this game has more costumes to get than the "one costume unlock per difficulty" in the previous games.

No idea. So far I've unlocked:

Ryu:
Fiend Ryu for beating Warrior, Dynasty Warriors Ryu for beating Mentor
Rachel:
3 new hair styles for beating Warrior, Dynasty Warriors costume for beating Mentor
Ayane:
Ninja Gaiden 1 outfit for beating Warrior
Momiji:
White Ninja Suit for beating Warrior

Pretty sure all that is accurate. No idea if you unlock anything for beating Acolyte, and I'm working through Master Ninja at the moment.

kuYuri

FTWer said:

I'm not iconoclast, but according to other sources, you have to clear 10 missions in Team Mission mode to get it.

Canova

Banned
FTWer said:

I already got it.

beat 10 missions in co-op mode, offline or online

I'm working on getting the Ashtar costume now. It says you have to get 10 master ninja ranks in chapter select. I got 2 chapters ranked master ninja so far. The guide better be right

Canova

Banned
I just wanna make a comment on Genshin fights. I think Hayashi really really nailed this fight. It's amazing. Now Genshin has ninpo and UT. and he gave us the ability to izuna drop him.

Can't wait to battle this guy in MNM

i-Lo

iconoclast said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol
I just started chapter 1 on Master Ninja, and in the battle before the first giant buddha fight I UT'd a guy with the Dragon Sword and teleported behind the closed door where you acquire the lunar. Looks like I'm gonna have to restart in order to get out of here...

Ryu:
Rachel:
3 new hair styles for beating Warrior, Dynasty Warriors costume for beating Mentor
Ayane:
Momiji:

Pretty sure all that is accurate. No idea if you unlock anything for beating Acolyte, and I'm working through Master Ninja at the moment.

What about the Ashtar costume from NGS? I saw screens of that in the game.

Mrbob said:
Dang, too bad about the online. Hopefully it is patched soon. If it worked properly this would be the thing that could push me over the edge to get Sigma 2 sooner.
As much as I love the series I'm just a bit iffy on paying full price for yet another version of NG. Thankfully, with the TRU sale being just around the corner...

image_thumb.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375795

...it looks like I'll be getting this and a few other Fall/Winter titles ahead of schedule. It could be worth a look for you and some others.

Nos_G

iconoclast said:

Ryu:
Rachel:
Ayane:
Momiji:

I got those unlocks beating it on Acolyte, minus
Rachel's Dynasty Warrior costume for Mentor

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Tom Penny said:
Platforming in this game is a total fail. Corner wall running works when it feels like it. So fucking aggravating.

Hahah, you'll get used to it. I don't even think about it anymore. Ninja Gaiden 1 had far more trecherous platforming sections.

If by corner wall running, you mean Ryu climbling up a room by wall running on side after side, you know you have to jump onto each successive wall, right? Ryu doesn't do it automatically.

Hellion

·feist· said:
As much as I love the series I'm just a bit iffy on paying full price for yet another version of NG. Thankfully, with the TRU sale being just around the corner...

image_thumb.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375795

...it looks like I'll be getting this and a few other Fall/Winter titles ahead of schedule. It could be worth a look for you and some others.

:D Guess I win for not unsealing my copy :D

Uncharted 2 + NG2 = free Halo:ODST

Quite a few people have already. If I'm not mistaken it was iconoclast who mentioned that Ryu states something to the effect of, "I still have more work to do." Hint, hint: see you guys in NG Dragon Sword 2/NG3/DOA5/DOAΣ4/any random Koei-Tecmo title they can throw me in.

Hellion said:
:D Guess I win for not unsealing my copy :D

Uncharted 2 + NG2 = free Halo:ODST
Glad I could help spread the love. For me it's NGS2 + Uncharted 2 = Killzone 2 and then I need placeholders to make Lost Planet 2 + Modern Warfare 2 = Forza 3 work since the sale will be long over by the time those are released.

WilyRook

Darkmakaimura said:
Okay! Who beat the game and what is
the ending that hints at NG3?

While Ryu is walking away from Genshin's grave, Kasumi appears behind him. He notices her and says something like, "In the end, the darkness always lifts. I still have much to do." -end scene
That's it, as far as I remember.

DR2K

Banned
Darkmakaimura said:
Okay! Who beat the game and what is
the ending that hints at NG3?

It doesn't hint at NG3, it hints at DOA5.
Kasumi
should have been the dead giveaway.

Giolon

Oh man. The new Water Dragon fight was so lame. That was one of my favorite boss fights in NG2. :(

DR2K said:
It doesn't hint at NG3, it hints at DOA5.
Kasumi
should have been the dead giveaway.
I don't think it hints at DOA5 or NG3. The NG series takes place before DOA1. I think it's just another tie-in to the DOA universe and great to see.

Mrbob

I haven't played sigma 2 yet, but....

It sounds like a hint for NG3. Perhaps Kasumi will be in the game as well? Or it could be Code Chronus, the rumored DoA action game starring kasumi and ayane.

Darkpen

Banned
So I finally picked up my Sigma 2 collector's edition... and I see no making of disc :|

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

I'm stuck* on the last boss(p1) it's not hard(warrior) but I can't attack it for shit...only bow/other projectile work and they do little. Am I doing it wrong?

BeeDog

Darkpen said:
So I finally picked up my Sigma 2 collector's edition... and I see no making of disc :|

Should there be one? According to HMV, it should only include a soundtrack CD.

WilyRook

Darkpen said:

Was it supposed to come with one?

oh, duh ^

Top Bottom