• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 on PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BryanI said:
Not sure if anyone from EGM has responded yet, but yes, this was just a mistake on our end (damn those late-night deadlines!). NG2--as far as I know--is only coming to the 360.

As for Left4Dead: Yes, it will arrive on the PS3, as well.

Who are you? I assume someone from EGM...

Anerythristic said:
Guys, this is making the community look bad! Stop! NG2 is published and funded by Microsoft. There should be no discussion about this particular title coming to the PS3. Please, fanboys choose another title to talk about that doesn't make the community look like we have no idea how the industry works. :lol

Sssh hush its fun to watch :)

It's okay you guys Microsoft being the worldwide publisher for Ninja Gaiden 2 means absolutely nothing at all. Carry on it's fun :lol

Core407

Banned
_dementia said:
Hayashi's Team Sigma supposedly is.

Yep. I'm actually looking forward to this more than I am for NG2. I pretty much know what to expect from NG2, but Hayashi will be working with a different or hopefully new IP. I think he has a bright future - especially with what they did with Sigma. I also enjoyed when he backed the PS3 as far as development difficulties go.

sprocket

Banned
Benenath said:
Perhaps in 2011. Or never.

Lol. It's a Microsoft Game Studios product. :lol

no its not. its a tecmo game being publisher for the 360 by MS.
It is NOT I repeat NOT a MS game in anyway.

They may have the publishing rights for a few years though.

Core407

Banned
sprocket said:

Maybe a year or two but we will definitely see a Sigma type version for the PS3.

sprocket said:

Yeah, all this "Its a MGS game! lol" started to confuse me. I find it hard to believe that Tecmo and Team Ninja would give up the rights to one of their strongest IPs.

How about everyone double checks their facts before acting like they know what they're talking about. Misinformation blows.l

Core407 said:
Yep. I'm actually looking forward to this more than I am for NG2. I pretty much know what to expect from NG2, but Hayashi will be working with a different or hopefully new IP.
Sure. Or maybe he's doing DOA3+4 Ultimate.

Fourth Storm said:
Yeah, all this "Its a MGS game! lol" started to confuse me. I find it hard to believe that Tecmo and Team Ninja would give up the rights to one of their strongest IPs.

How about everyone double checks their facts before acting like they know what they're talking about. Misinformation blows.l

Microsoft Game Studios (MGS) is the name of the publishing as well as development department. The logo appears on the box. It isn't misinformation in the slightest.

Core407

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
Microsoft Game Studios (MGS) is the name of the publishing as well as development department. The logo appears on the box. It isn't misinformation in the slightest.

ninja-gaiden-2-small.jpg

*looks at the bottom right corner*
Right............

sprocket

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:

okkkaayyyy ......

@Core407: Is that even the official boxart? I wouldn't expect anything else for another couple of months, but I can't see Microsoft leaving their name off the case...

sprocket

Banned
Here is something interesting. Usually if someone has sole rights as a publisher ign displays like so.

Published by: Microsoft
Developed by: BioWare
Genre: RPG

But NG2 is displayed like this.

Published by: Tecmo / Microsoft
Developed by: Team Ninja
Genre: Third-Person Action

oh nos! let the thread continue! :lol

Core407

Banned
steverulez said:
@Core407: Is that even the official boxart? I wouldn't expect anything else for another couple of months, but I can't see Microsoft leaving their name off the case...

It is the final boxart and their name is on it - but on the back. My point is MGS isn't listed as the developer but only as the publisher. Listing them as the developer too and not showing the Team Ninja logo would result in probably a lawsuit. MGS didn't make this game - it was developed by an outside third party and MGS just happens to be publishing it. Shit, I bet MS didn't even get the upper hand on the deal. Team Ninja is the one that is in the better position for setting the exclusivity for their games and what-not.

sprocket said:
Here is something interesting. Usually if someone has sole rights as a publisher ign displays like so.

But NG2 is displayed like this.

oh nos! let the thread continue! :lol

Because that removes the fact that MS is involved in the game....

kiUNiT

Core407 said:
It is the final boxart and their name is on it - but on the back. My point is MGS isn't listed as the developer but only as the publisher. Listing them as the developer too and not showing the Team Ninja logo would result in probably a lawsuit. MGS didn't make this game - it was developed by an outside third party and MGS just happens to be publishing it. Shit, I bet MS didn't even get the upper hand on the deal. Team Ninja is the one that is in the better position for setting the exclusivity for their games and what-not.

So if it does'nt come out on PS3 you obviously want this game so bad that you will buy a 360 for it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom