• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumFore

Banned
diddlyD said:
man, the AI in these 360 screenshots looks terrible.

Thats really odd to say. You mean character designs or you imagined how they would play in he final game without seeing anything in action?

Dahbomb

XSamu said:
:lol Dear God

What's with al the "Shreder" stuff. So Voldo is Shreder also? GTFO with the hate.

Now I would have no complaints whatsoever with that.
The hate against that new weapon is really lame, it's clearly the Gauntlet/Greeve type weapons used from SC3 (not Voldo's, one of the extra weapons you get for the extra characters). I see nothing wrong with it, it's really fucking bad ass. This is not even nearly as bad ass as Ryu with Nunchuks or Huge swords... this is an ACTION GAME NOT a ninja simulator.

Also I would like that second playable DS character as well. :D

pswii60

RumpledForeskin said:
Thats really odd to say. You mean character designs or you imagined how they would play in he final game without seeing anything in action?

You took that joke post seriously? :lol

AppleMIX

Dahbomb said:
And these new shots aren't bullshots... why? They aren't even taken with HUD and standard camera angles of the game... Bullshots are a signature trademark of Team Ninja and they will be heavily prevalent in NG2 media.

I'm not saying that they're not bullshots (I miss spoke they could be bullshots. I don't know, although bullshots tend to be at a higher resolution), but they're so low resolution that any comparison is pretty much useless.

Wait for 720p shots (or a video) for a true comparison.

XSamu

Banned
SixStringPsycho said:
Didnt Itagaki mentioned once in an interview that Ryu Hayabusa wasnt going to be the main character in NG2?
I remember reading something along those lines. I think it was EGM if Im not mistaken.
I've never heard of anything like that, I'm pretty sure it's not the case at all.... heck just look at the screens :lol
Raging Spaniard said:
Why are you calling it "safe"? You don't know anything about the game yet, other than these shots, for all you know Ryu is the main character for five minutes, then you play as a one armed ninja imp for the rest of the game.
Nero >> Dante (they did the right thing)

Aggelos

RumpledForeskin said:

He's gotta be a clairvoyant to draw assumptions about AI from static screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!

mrmrec2

Banned
You guys realize that this means the return of the in game time challenges.

And for you Master Ninjas the Berserker time challenge!!!

NG2-berserker.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Redbeard said:
Bleh. It's got that same lit-from-every-direction look from the other games.

You mean like daylight?

kammy

Banned
lets not be fanboys here, the game looks like Sigma plus blood. The final game will look better but will still look like Sigma. I just hope the improve the level setup. I'm tired of the "one large level" approach. I want more varied bigger linear levels with more enemies.

Why has no one learned from resident evil 4's level design. Thats the future of action game design. The one large area ala die hard is tired now.

eso76

i don't think all the gore suits NG, and the fact these screens focus on blood and decapitations so much makes me afraid they're making this one of the selling points.
I'd rather they keep such low expedients out of the franchise.
Not that it disturbs me or anything, i'm just concerned they're focusing too much on the gore element.

XSamu

Banned
kammy said:
lets not be fanboys here, the game looks like Sigma plus blood.
Lets not be acting like whining bitches here, the game looks great.
kammy said:
Why has no one learned from resident evil 4's level design. Thats the future of action game design. The one large area ala die hard is tired now.
I fear the future of even action games will be in free roaming...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the expressions of blank surprise on the faces of the dismembered ninjas are going to be really funny in full resolution shots

kammy

Banned
XSamu said:
Lets not be acting like whining bitches here, the game looks great.

I fear the future of even action games will be in free roaming...

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

Free roaming sucks. Damn you WoW!

Teen Ape

Cannot wait to see this game in motion, given Itagaki's comments about how he's going to be discouraging other developers there's got to be some new gameplay element thats truly going make this Ninja Gaiden stand out. Whenever there's a release date for this one, I'm reserving no questions asked. This game will rock out with its cock out all over your couch.

Dante

Opus Angelorum said:
Let's not ruin this thread any more please.

Funny that you did practically the same thing in the PGR4 thread

Opus Angelorum said:
Personally I think that last shot is more impressive than anything I've seen in GT5:p or any other game for that matter...

pswii60 said:
Jeez Murphy, how many posts did you have to wade through to find that? And Xsamu, pwned! (Or Metalmurphy owned for spending his time looking through old posts)

Not really, Search > "Sigma" "Author: XSamus" > First page.

Tbh I was looking for something among the lines of "Meh Sigma looks like the Xbox one" :p

He praises sigma instead though

Fn team ninja. LEARN HOW TO DO NON PLASTIC SKIN!!!! :lol other than that holy crap! that came outta nowhere! btw in that "bullshot" screen did you guys notice the bird being hit and the feathers flying? :lol

The game does look great, even if it's just Sigma + AA + better textures + bigger and more detailed environments.

I imagine the reason we aren't seeing a major leap is because the art style of Ninja Gaiden is more anime-ish than realistic (just like DOA). Devil May Cry is the same way. You can only make characters look so good when you use this type of art style.

D3VI0US

The dismemberment thing is awesome but can't tell how dynamic it is yet because it only shows splits at certain parts of the body like the waist or the whole arm. Once we're talking half arms and half legs in the exact position where you cut them then it's dynamic for now it just seems like there's more static points than in NG from these screens. Still NG2 has been a long time coming and I'm sure we'll hear more at TGS.

szaromir

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
I imagine the reason we aren't seeing a major leap is because the art style of Ninja Gaiden is more anime-ish than realistic (just like DOA). Devil May Cry is the same way. You can only make characters look so good when you use this type of art style.
Just watch DOAX2 CGI trailer and compare it to the game itself.

Vyse The Legend said:
The game does look great, even if it's just Sigma + AA + better textures + bigger and more detailed environments.

oO Are you seeing the same screenshots as I am?

Cause what I see is Sigma without DoF, same textures, lots of blood, and more detailed shaders on the characters (i think).

There might be some HDR in there too. But how can you comment on AA with such small pictures? :p

Metalmurphy said:

Cause what I see is Sigma without DoF, same textures, lots of blood, and more detailed shaders on the characters (i think).

There might be some HDR in there too. But how can you comment on AA with such small pictures? :p

360 games tend to have nice AA?

Metalmurphy said:

You see this word. It signals a "conditional."

^ What he said. It's not a bold assumption.

Lostconfused said:
erm... right... you mean when comparing MP games when both have AA? I guess, but Sigma didn't have AA to begin with, who's to say NG2 will? Specially with what it seems to be HDR (those blueish borders on the chars seem to show that)

Vyse The Legend said:
You see this word. It signals a "conditional".
Erm yeah... that's really what you meant and everything... lol

Metalmurphy said:
erm... right... you mean when comparing MP games when both have AA? I guess, but Sigma didn't have AA to begin with, who's to say NG2 will? Specially with what it seems to be HDR (those blueish borders on the chars seem to show that)

As i said 360 games tend to have AA even if they dont on other platforms, but then again this is more of a 360 vs pc comparison from personal experience (aka bioshock MoH airborne) because i didnt get a ps3 yet.

szaromir

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
360 Team Ninja games tend to have AA. besides, that mention of HDR was rather useless, as HDR is rather standard this gen

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
LOL

So many fanboys were saying that the PS3 version looked no better than the original Xbox version, and all that fanboy bullshit, and now they're all OMFG WOW!

Good times.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Looks like sigma???

Are you fucking kidding me? Look at the lighting! Sigma just used bloom spectral lighting stuff to look like it does. I don't know what Sigma is doing, how the characters are lit up and shaded is the best I've seen next gen. It actually looks like the characters are truly outside, there's some sort of weird "clarity" for lack of a better term in the lighting.

This looks like CG.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
wowfactor said:
I dont see how anybody can say this game has better textures than Sigma.
I don't see how can anybody get an idea of the quality of the graphics taking in account these are downsized screens. Lets wait at least for the full res bullshots. Until now, the amount of blood is just promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom