• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuce22

Banned
The same thing happened with DOA 4. When screens were first released people trolled the hell out of it because it looked similar to DOA 3. Now most people who have played them all recognize it as the best looking next gen fighter.

Pimpbaa

Hope it's as long as the first one. I hate when games of this type are short. And bring back Rachael or have a new big boobed character. It just wouldn't be a team ninja game without one.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
TheDuce22 said:
The same thing happened with DOA 4. When screens were first released people trolled the hell out of it because it looked similar to DOA 3. Now most people who have played them all recognize it as the best looking next gen fighter.

tekken 6 and VF5 say hi.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TheDuce22 said:

not even close... vf5 by a LONG shot.

MaX_PL

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
WOW it looks almost exactly how I expected(and I expected a lot), maybe even better. But the real game will certainly look bit worse then the screens so it'll revert to tje look I expected :lol.

actually i expect the game to look better in motion than what you see here.

Grecco

Fuck Yeah. Sequel to my favorite Xbox game ever. What a fucking megaton. If this is the type of stuff from TGS its gonna be a fun show.

Log4Girlz

I wonder how close the final product will come to the bullshots. Should be real close. Anyway, I used to hate the "plastic doll" look Team Ninja seems so fond of, but I've come to like it, its a nice change of pace to the UE3 engine games.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looking back at the thread, it really is a shameful mess with the "ps3 this, Sigma that" nonsense...

Ugh...

Really messes up what is such a glorious discovery too...

Especially since now we got VF5 and Tekken 6 graphics discussions going on now... damnit.

jarosh

let's settle this once and for all

i compared the most similar looking screenshots from ninja gaiden sigma and ninja gaiden 2 and this is the result:

ngscreen1_360.jpg

PS3

ngscreen1_ps3.jpg

ok at first it looks like there's not much of a difference but just look at the details - you're in for a big surprise.

exhibit 1:

exhibit1_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit1_ps3.jpg

well, this one is obvious, the 360 doesn't even have the horsepower to render the whole character model. this is the case in most of the other screenshots as well. on many of the characters only random body parts are rendered. i hope this gets fixed in the final version.

exhibit 2 (sky):

exhibit2_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit2_ps3.jpg

in ng2 there's a sky and clouds. but what is that in ng sigma? no one really knows. that's not what the sky looks like where i live. seems like the ps3 can't render an actual sky. probably related to its meager 16 mbs of ram.

exhibit 3:

exhibit3_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit3_ps3.jpg

the 360's inferior gpu is forced to save fillrate here with a big gray box (cleverly disguised as an xbox 360 logo). the ps3 is only saving a few pixels with the cryptic abbreviation "psy".

moving on to the next two screenshots...

ngscreen2_360.jpg

PS3

ngscreen2_ps3.jpg

exhibit 4:

exhibit5_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit5_ps3.jpg

same characters, different poly count. the cell has the edge here.

exhibit 5:

exhibit6_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit6_ps3.jpg

ng2 has sharp backgrounds. ng sigma doesn't. this probably has something to do with the ps3's os using 90% of its ram running in the background.

exhibit 6:

exhibit7_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit7_ps3.jpg

black bar at the bottom on the 360? uh-oh. saving fillrate again... the 360's gpu showing its inferiority? look at ng sigma. the exact same area is fully rendered here.

------------------

drawing a conclusion here isn't easy. but looking at the big picture it's clear that the actual superior version is on the ds: ninja gaiden dragon sword:

ngds.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Can somebody point me to the announcement? What are the platforms?

Haunted

Looks like Sigma, but with dismemberment and ore truly fitting for a ninja flick game. Awesome.

:lol :lol jarosh.

I am more interested in the gameplay than graphics for this game... because we already knew it would look amazing given that Sigma looked so good and it was port.

mrmrec2

Banned
The potenial for NG2 is massive. I'll assume these are pre-beta screens, therefore the game's visuals will only improve (note they are kick ass as is).

Next Gen AI, Next Gen Graphics, New Weapon, Acheivments, DLC, online CO-OP!
NG2_5.png

o-face.jpg

You know what I'm talking about.

jarosh said:
let's settle this once and for all

i compared the most similar looking screenshots from ninja gaiden sigma and ninja gaiden 2 and this is the result:

ngscreen1_360.jpg

PS3

ngscreen1_ps3.jpg

ok at first it looks like there's not much of a difference but just look at the details - you're in for a big surprise.

exhibit 1:

exhibit1_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit1_ps3.jpg

well, this one is obvious, the 360 doesn't even have the horsepower to render the whole character model. this is the case in most of the other screenshots as well. on many of the characters only random body parts are rendered. i hope this gets fixed in the final version.

exhibit 2 (sky):

exhibit2_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit2_ps3.jpg

in ng2 there's a sky and clouds. but what is that in ng sigma? no one really knows. that's not what the sky looks like where i live. seems like the ps3 can't render an actual sky. probably related to its meager 16 mbs of ram.

exhibit 3:

exhibit3_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit3_ps3.jpg

the 360's inferior gpu is forced to save fillrate here with a big gray box (cleverly disguised as an xbox 360 logo). the ps3 is only saving a few pixels with the cryptic abbreviation "psy".

moving on to the next two screenshots...

ngscreen2_360.jpg

PS3

ngscreen2_ps3.jpg

exhibit 4:

exhibit5_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit5_ps3.jpg

same characters, different poly count. the cell has the edge here.

exhibit 5:

exhibit6_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit6_ps3.jpg

ng2 has sharp backgrounds. ng sigma doesn't. this probably has something to do with the ps3's os using 90% of its ram running in the background.

exhibit 6:

exhibit7_360.jpg
PS3
exhibit7_ps3.jpg

black bar at the bottom on the 360? uh-oh. saving fillrate again... the 360's gpu showing its inferiority? look at ng sigma. the exact same area is fully rendered here.

------------------

drawing a conclusion here isn't easy. but looking at the big picture it's clear that the actual superior version is on the ds: ninja gaiden dragon sword:

ngds.jpg

Wow...

sad

Dahbomb

I just noticed the claw and bladed greaves weapons.

As bad ass as the weapons are, this is obviously a way to match the Gauntlet/Greave weapons in DMC (Beowulf/Ifrit). This is a bit different as it's bladed and matches the overall gory style of NG2, so I will let it slide. Plus NG always had moves using feet anyway, now it's the whole appeal.

Competition is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL THING. :D

Now DMC4 needs a scythe/polearm weapon and we are complete. :D

And this is clearly early alpha graphics by the way, in some parts it looks inferior to NGS. Probably at least 12 months away, expect A LOT more polish until then. The art style has remained unchanged, I wonder how much they are changing the game play. It seems like a safe sequel just like DMC4 (minus DB+new playable character) but that's fucking fine...

This is Ninja Gaiden 2. :D

Didnt Itagaki mentioned once in an interview that Ryu Hayabusa wasnt going to be the main character in NG2?
I remember reading something along those lines. I think it was EGM if Im not mistaken.

Dahbomb

AppleMIX said:
Can we stop comparing low-res screens to Temco's high-res bullshots?
And these new shots aren't bullshots... why? They aren't even taken with HUD and standard camera angles of the game... Bullshots are a signature trademark of Team Ninja and they will be heavily prevalent in NG2 media.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dahbomb said:
I just noticed the claw and bladed greaves weapons.

As bad ass as the weapons are, this is obviously a way to match the Gauntlet/Greave weapons in DMC (Beowulf/Ifrit). This is a bit different as it's bladed and matches the overall gory style of NG2, so I will let it slide. Plus NG always had moves using feet anyway, now it's the whole appeal.

Competition is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL THING. :D

Now DMC4 needs a scythe/polearm weapon and we are complete. :D

And this is clearly early alpha graphics by the way, in some parts it looks inferior to NGS. Probably at least 12 months away, expect A LOT more polish until then. The art style has remained unchanged, I wonder how much they are changing the game play. It seems like a safe sequel just like DMC4 (minus DB+new playable character) but that's fucking fine...

This is Ninja Gaiden 2. :D

Why are you calling it "safe"? You don't know anything about the game yet, other than these shots, for all you know Ryu is the main character for five minutes, then you play as a one armed ninja imp for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom