• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkpen

Banned
the problem with Ninja Gaiden is that everything looks silky smooth. The "style" that Team Ninja makes their games is like if someone took anime and 3D, mashed them together, and then wiped the whole thing over with antiseptic about 50 times.

It looks "too clean."

But I'm sure the gameplay will make up for this peculiar visual look.

USD

Eric WK said:
Did anybody download the real first screen? The one posted is the third one (again).

EDIT: Nevermind.

ng4.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Darkpen said:
the problem with Ninja Gaiden is that everything looks silky smooth. The "style" that Team Ninja makes their games is like if someone took anime and 3D, mashed them together, and then wiped the whole thing over with antiseptic about 50 times.

It looks "too clean."

But I'm sure the gameplay will make up for this peculiar visual look.

Um... it's not a "problem." It's a design decision.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Y2Kev said:
but you like his pockmarks too, right?

it's not so much his pockmarks as his pockmarks in combination with his trenchcoats -- they go together nearly as well as pockmarks and neckbeards, or neckbeards and adult virginity

RSTEIN said:
Um... it's not a "problem." It's a design decision.
Bad design decisions are problems.

Anyhoo, it's hard to tell from these screens, but the enemy characters look a little better lit than Sigma's. The environments look pretty much just as flat as before, but the enemies seem to have rim highlights and other subtle improvements. Still plastic as is Team Ninja's style, but getting a little better.

OH, **** YEAH!

What an awesome thing to wake up to!! Oh, sweet sweet Ninja Gaiden, it's been too long and three versions of the first adventure to get to here!!

About damn time!

Hot damn, that's gory. O_O

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
szaromir said:
Sigma wasn't native 1080p either. I'm sure NG2 wil be 720p only.
Not only was Sigma NOT 1080p, it actually looks worse in 1080p upscaled mode. Even on my 1365x768 panel (which accepts 1080p), the image quality is somewhat rough in 1080p mode (which is not the case with Lair, another game which supports 1080p but fails to render at the full resolution). In 720p, everything looks oh so much better.

XSamu

Banned
Requoted them for justice.

BEST GAME EVER CONFIRMED

It was hard to imagine the best game ever (Ninja Gaiden Black) could be topped, but just looking at these screens is enough to know this will top the first one, just AMAZING.

So far I'm really happy that it looks like Ryu will be the only playable character, not rly in the mood for Rachel action.

But what's with the different kind of boots, what will they serve for..... dammit, give me video.

C4Lukins

What a random thing to wake up to. It looks like Ninja Gaiden, only more gory, which is fine by me. I think any comparisons to Sigma are a little premature. There is not enough detail in those screens to really judge the two. Sigma looked fantastic though.

Isurus

Holy crap! This has come out of nowhere. I can't believe there isn't a major announcement associated with the screenshots. This game should have been at E3. Forget about DMC4; NG2 will own.

Dirtbag

YOU GUYS ARE ALL FUCKING IDIOTS!

We get NG2 screens leaked early, and this thread is spent arguing over Sigma, lame.

Shots look great, game will prolly end up being multiplatform, we all win, everyone shutup.

Jirotrom

buckfutter said:
Bad design decisions are problems.

Anyhoo, it's hard to tell from these screens, but the enemy characters look a little better lit than Sigma's. The environments look pretty much just as flat as before, but the enemies seem to have rim highlights and other subtle improvements. Still plastic as is Team Ninja's style, but getting a little better.
how is it a bad design decision? That doesn't make any sense as this is an art style. It doesn't break the game or gameplay. It like saying SoTC should have been cell shaded or something.

FrankT

XSamu said:
Requoted them for justice.

BEST GAME EVER CONFIRMED

It was hard to imagine the best game ever (Ninja Gaiden Black) could be topped, but just looking at these screens is enough to know this will top the first one, just AMAZING.

So far I'm really happy that it looks like Ryu will be the only playable character, not rly in the mood for Rachel action.

But what's with the different kind of boots, what will they serve for..... dammit, give me video.

Exactly, I've also heard that this looks stunning in motion. Can't wait to see, I assume tomorrow or so going by the countdown.

jmdajr

You either like the team ninja art style or you don't. Whatever the case the game is gonna play freaking fantastic, and I'm sure I'll be more pissed off then ever. :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
virtuafightermaster said:
How big is Sigma, will this fit on 1 DVD9? Maybe they will have to use 2 discs or use the HDD.
I'm sure it will fit nicely on a DVD9. The game does not seem to use any of the more advanced texturing techniques (which would require a much greater volume of higher quality textures) or anything else that would eat up space. I can't imagine Sigma was all that large. Heck, they even used upscaled movies from the XBOX version rather than re-mastering them (though some of the movies were replaced with in game cinematics).

NekoFever

Isurus said:
Holy crap! This has come out of nowhere. I can't believe there isn't a major announcement associated with the screenshots. This game should have been at E3. Forget about DMC4; NG2 will own.
I think the fact that they've been pulled from the Xbox site tells us that they weren't meant to be released yet. Expect an announcement at TGS, now slightly deflated.

Pleasepleasepleaseplease let this be multiregion. After losing the decapitations from Ninja Gaiden I can't see this getting past certain European ratings boards.

XSamu

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Exactly, I've also heard that this looks stunning in motion. Can't wait to see, I assume tomorrow or so going by the countdown.
That would be awesome, am curious about the Ninpo too.
le.phat said:
gore+boobs :D this better come to ps3 :(
Boobs? What?
thuile said:
No blood for european versions, right ?
Black was uncensored, so maybe only the German version gets raped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom