• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Less BS console wars talk, more screenshot content talk...

Those claws on the hands and feet look like they're going to be a hard but rewading set of weapons to use - you get to shred your enemies into chunks, but you have zero range, and have to get in their faces - like a true badass...

And again, those blood sprays, gushes and dismemberments really give a killer classic ninja flick vibe - brutal!

Mojovonio said:
You're just not as avante garde as Team Ninja. Maybe you should move out of that trailer park and go visit the city!

I live in the city, and the new headband looks stupid. That's the only thing they changed about his costume, and it doesn't make a big difference but makes him look retarded. If they're going to change something about his appearance, they ought to make more adjustments. Otherwise, keep the cool looking headband from the old game.

Mojovonio

Banned
vspectra06 said:
I live in the city, and the new headband looks stupid. That's the only thing they changed about his costume, and it doesn't make a big difference but makes him look retarded. If they're going to change something about his appearance, they ought to make more adjustments. Otherwise, keep the cool looking headband from the old game.

Just be glad the got rid of his hipster scarf they were thinking of implementing!

NekoFever

NG2_9.png

"It's just a flesh wound!"

So awesome...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Skilotonn said:
Less BS console wars talk, more screenshot content talk...

Those claws on the hands and feet look like they're going to be a hard but rewading set of weapons to use - you get to shred your enemies into chunks, but you have zero range, and have to get in their faces - like a true badass...

And again, those blood sprays, gushes and dismemberments really give a killer classic ninja flick vibe - brutal!

I just hope theres gonna actually be some blood splatter stuck on Ryu this time. It's as if Ryu is wearing a Teflon coated suit where no blood will ever stick to him. Theres a little bit on the claws and foot gauntlets in those screens, but not enough imo.

Fallout-NL said:
Yeah this doesn't warrant such a statement.
Ninja Gaiden is pretty good but Itagaki's statements are rarely warranted. People like him because he's a long-haired, pock-faced, trenchcoat-wearing nerd in his 40s who trash talks a lot of other devs, not because everything he says is accurate.

bud

GeneralIroh said:
I was expecting something different after Itagaki said people will lose motivation after seeing ng2. :lol :lol :lol

they will lose their motivation, though. i mean, they don't have to work that hard anymore to make their game look as good as ng2, ruffles. heck, even devil may cry 4 looks better than this.

dmc4 > ng2 = ng:s > gow2

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
badcrumble said:
Ninja Gaiden is pretty good but Itagaki's statements are rarely warranted. People like him because he's a long-haired, pock-faced, trenchcoat-wearing nerd in his 40s who trash talks a lot of other devs, not because everything he says is accurate.

uh...i like him because he made ninja gaiden

USD

Too bad that overly shiny look is back in again, I was hoping they'd tone it down, at least on the skin (like in Sigma).

Also looks like they're (finally) going beyond the standard 3 enemies at a time thing. And finally got a hand-to-hand fighting weapon. And the gore is just downright obscene now.

Mojovonio

Banned
Anyways, I can't wait for the PS3 version.

It'll look much better. Higher res textures cause of blu-ray, etc.

And the SIXXAXIS will be so awesome.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
drohne said:

but you like his pockmarks too, right?

Anyway, The gore looks really awesome. That will probably get toned down. Graphically I think it's okay. I did expect more. They still have that weird skin shader, and I don't know why.

badcrumble said:

drohne said:

Nolan.

USD said:
Too bad that overly shiny look is back in again, I was hoping they'd tone it down, at least on the skin (like in Sigma).

Also looks like they're (finally) going beyond the standard 3 enemies at a time thing. And finally got a hand-to-hand fighting weapon.

Why would he change that look. If he did that he'd have to drastically change his approach to the doa series. Which he seems reluctant to do.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
TONX said:
I just hope theres gonna actually be some blood splatter stuck on Ryu this time. It's as if Ryu is wearing a Teflon coated suit where no blood will ever stick to him. Theres a little bit on the claws and foot gauntlets in those screens, but not enough imo.

Well, the blood never sprays directly on him so that's not really a problem, but I am glad to see it on the weapons finally though - I don't think any other game actually lets blood stain the weapon, even though that should be normal...

Oh well, I'll be back later to see/hear any further developments on NG2 - but damn, it's a great day thanks to this announcement!

bud

Mojovonio said:
Anyways, I can't wait for the PS3 version.

It'll look much better. Higher res textures cause of blu-ray, etc.

And the SIXXAXIS will be so awesome.

maybe we can stab some guy in the face by throwing a blade at him which we'll be able to control using after-touch (c)(tm) while it heads towards the bad guy!

Brofist

Looks hot, plus gore rules.

Yeah it doesn't look miles agead of Sigma, but Sigma looked pretty damn nice. I'll take a NG2 with graphics of a smoothed out Sigma with better animations (hopefully)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
So....

are there any developers here feeling depressed, seeing those screens???:lol

anyways, good news. I alway thought RYU is the Wolverine i always wanted in a Video Game.

looks like they're using the Sigma engine. Good news for PS3 owners:D

USD said:

Also looks like they're (finally) going beyond the standard 3 enemies at a time thing. And finally got a hand-to-hand fighting weapon.

Exactly. I wished they'd ditch the shiny shader and go with something more organic. Would be nice if Ryu wore clothes that would stain when bathed in blood. I want a move where you can grab and use an enemy's arm after slicing it off.

I just noticed Ryu has some wicked boots.

Mojovonio

Banned
bud said:
maybe we can stab some guy in the face by throwing a blade at him which we'll be able to control using after-touch (c)(tm) while it heads towards the bad guy!

I was thinking more along the lines of using each end of the controller to control Ryu's arms independently.

SO INTERACTIVE YOUR HEAD ASPLODE

pswii60

bud said:

I thought After-Touch was the biggest pile of shite in the HS demo. Please, I'm begging developers, NO MORE!

On the flip side, shaking the SIXAXIS to get Chimera off you in Resistance was cool. But really, I'd rather just having motion stuff on my Wii - keep the PS3/360 traditional for traditional games.

bud

Mojovonio said:
I was thinking more along the lines of using each end of the controller to control Ryu's arms independently.

SO INTERACTIVE YOUR HEAD ASPLODE

THAT WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY MIND-BLOWING. LITERALLY!!

RumFore

Banned
I thought it was Ninja Gaiden Sigma for XBox to be honest them I remembered the sequel didn't come out it. Art style doesn't seem to have evolved at all. Doesn't look bad but doesn't look mind blowing or better than Sigma either. Kinda like Halo 3.

diunxx

I have not read the entire thread yet(wich I'm sure is a dmc4 vs ng2 thread by now) but I have to say that this is the best blood ever. =0

Scotch

I kinda expected it to look like this after DOA4 and DOAX2, but I was still hoping for a little more. Not that it doesn't look good by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't help being a little disappointed after the mindblowing stuff Team Ninja pulled off in the previous generation. I guess it's hard to improve their semi-anime style of graphics without changing the look too much.

That said, it's still looks good, will probably play even better and I love the added gore. :D

Mojovonio

Banned
Scotch said:
I kinda expected it to look like this after DOA4 and DOAX2, but I was still hoping for a little more. Not that it doesn't look good by any stretch of the imagination, but I can't help being a little disappointed after the mindblowing stuff Team Ninja pulled off in the previous generation. I guess it's hard to improve their semi-anime style of graphics without changing the look too much.

That said, it's still looks good, will probably play even better and I love the added gore. :D

bateman.jpg

You need help!

nutveit

Why would microsoft put a countdown on the official xbox-site for a multiplatform game?
(if the countdown is for ng2)

nerbo said:
To those who are all in panic, feeling the need to shit on NG2 because these are "Xbox" shots - Sit down, shut up, please - It's obviously coming to PS3 sooner or later anyway and it looks damn good.

To all those who are cackling about 360 getting NG2 while PS3 gets Sigma - Get a life.

When your bullshit allegiance to a platform persuades you to shit on a game merely because you cannot play it, you prove yourself to be of the most sorry, pathetic, mother f'in nerds out there.

Amen to high heaven.

Tiktaalik

Damn that looks great. Someone earlier made a comment about like how Halo 3, it's not a massive leap forward graphically and I agree, but I don't mean that in a negative way. It maintains the clean Ninja Gaiden art style and it's definitely a step forward, it looks absolutely beautiful, but like Halo 3, the differences are all in the subtle details.

The blood effects look insane. Hype++.

nutveit said:
Why would microsoft put a countdown on the official xbox-site for a multiplatform game?
(if the countdown is for ng2)
Ninja Gaiden 2 will probably be exclusive. Any upgraded rereleases (virtually a guarantee with NG) will be new SKUs and likely unbound by exclusivity contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom