• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory posts new footage from mystery project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

1373549159-ninja-theodes48.jpg

This is poly or paint? looks good.

Guymelef

This is the video i saw.

She sings in the whole video. Tameem said it is a Opera.

Edit : My post :
Originally Posted by dark_inferno

Im not quite sure about that. Well here are some informations about the Techdemo i saw.

First : 16th century england streets. Than a girl starts singing. Man notice her and goes to her slowly. - Cut - Both in an elevator. Background is a steampunk city. She stops singing. Kiss. End.

Could result in a game (would like to see this Opera) or could result in nothing. Tameem said its not a big thing yet and was just a test for next gen.

Thanks i just saw your private message.
I think we have skipped your message.
So is a tech demo they showed at the Munich Filmfest.

Minyobi

Oh thank God it is something original (even if it is just an original tech demo)
Last thing I want to do is fight reanimated Strider fans for two and a half years.

Oh, and Cannon Dancer/Osman is awesome, and more people need to play it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Bullet Witch 2

Ninja Theory gets their hands on another beloved franchise

Oof, those screenshots look rough. They remind me of the FMV sequences in The Longest Journey, when April Ryan looked her most deformed.

This holds promise however. A next-gen adventure game in a setting like that would be ace. But yeah, I'm on board with whatever Ninja Theory have to offer after immensely enjoying Enslaved and DmC.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This looks like it could be good. But with what dark_inferno said, I guess not :/

What, you don't like their new design for Trish?

Don't you toy with my Heavenly Sword, Nirolak.

I hope it plays exactly like the DmC2 of my dreams but without the liscense and associated trolls.

I'm not even super attached to the DmC lore or characters as is, so a new IP (setting/characters) would be appreciated. As long as it's an action game I can enjoy as much as their last one, I'm excited for it.

UrbanRats

Don't know how i feel about the super deformed style, it looks kind of creepy (but i am also am creeped out by caricatures) but i'm thinking that is the objective.
Otherwise the two artworks, as shitty quality as they are, look fairly decent to me, i like the colors.

wizzbang

Banned
Oof, those screenshots look rough. They remind me of the FMV sequences in The Longest Journey, when April Ryan looked her most deformed.

This holds promise however. A next-gen adventure game in a setting like that would be ace. But yeah, I'm on board with whatever Ninja Theory have to offer after immensely enjoying Enslaved and DmC.

Pretty much all you said.

I liked Heavenly Sword, I really liked Enslaved and I thought DmC was their best game yet so I can't wait for this. Then again I never really liked Devil May Cry much, always thought Ninja Gaiden was better last gen.

What the hell is it with Ninja Theory and always being at least slightly 'off' when it comes to faces? I'm not sure if they just draw/take publicity shots at awkward times so the expression looks uncanny or what, since the rest of their art direction outside of characters is normally a lot higher quality.

Endo Punk

Pretty much, and clearly who Capcom was going after with DmC.

Well then they still didn't succeed. DmC didn't evolve the franchise to gain a new audience. It was DMC but in a different package, just as loud and just as dumb. I long for the day DMC returns to the gothic horror roots, nothing in the franchise felt as good as using Alastor for the first time.

Dali

What the hell is it with Ninja Theory and always being at least slightly 'off' when it comes to faces? I'm not sure if they just draw/take publicity shots at awkward times so the expression looks uncanny or what, since the rest of their art direction outside of characters is normally a lot higher quality.
There's an artist that does wood block paintings this style is ripped from. I can't recall her name but I like it.

Sephzilla

I'll be interested if they announce that the writing for this game is outsourced and not written in house.

We saw how far their writing quality falls off the map when they do it themselves (DmC). Seriously, that game's story fell apart the moment you put any kind of thought into it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Mantra for the DmC fanbase.

Pretty much, and clearly who Capcom was going after with DmC.

I really like DmC. But I like DMC too, especially 3 (poured so many God only knows hours into this one)

So what does that make me? *GASP*

I'm thinking about buying Enslaved but I'm not sure, can anyone give me their honest opinion?

If I have to describe Enslaved in one sentence: it's a mediocre game but a great experience. Great world with great atmosphere all around, great characters, weak battle system that kills framerate especially later on, and WTF ending.

I like it.

Chemo

God damn, thank fuck this does not look like a sequel to DmC.I hate Ninja Theory but don't have any problem with them continuing to peddle shitty games as long as they don't do it using franchises I have a damn about.

Otsukare

Neo Member
Her face (eyes mostly) reminds me of Elizabeth:

4807.Bioshock_2D00_Infinite_2D00_Elizabeth.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

This, exactly what I thought, hard to get excited about this, not sure why they would release this footage, looks like generic, average CG.

Maybe it's the blue hair, can't stand chicks who dye their hair that colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom