• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninokuni (PS3) to be released in North America "early 2012", DLC Coming

PokéKong

The ending of every Layton game so far has made me cry more than the last. Every Studio Ghibli film has made me emotional at some point. The only way this game will disappoint me is if I don't cry, it seems guaranteed a choke-up at least. And it saddens me not everyone is getting behind Level-5, they are the most promising developer in Japan right now, they are kind to us fans and have not put out a bad game so far. They remind me of Squaresoft at the onset of their prime years.

But we don't even have an official logo or name yet? I'm pretty curious what they'd call this in the west since "The Another World" is super awkward and unexciting.

StuBurns

Banned
PokéKong said:
But we don't even have an official logo or name yet? I'm pretty curious what they'd call this in the west since "The Another World" is super awkward and unexciting.
I don't really get where that name came from. Ni no Kuni means the Second Country.

PokéKong said:
The ending of every Layton game so far has made me cry more than the last. Every Studio Ghibli film has made me emotional at some point. The only way this game will disappoint me is if I don't cry, it seems guaranteed a choke-up at least. And it saddens me not everyone is getting behind Level-5, they are the most promising developer in Japan right now, they are kind to us fans and have not put out a bad game so far. They remind me of Squaresoft at the onset of their prime years.

I think the subtitle is Queen of White Ash or Queen of White Sacred Ash, something along that line. That's something.

I doubt it will be called Ninokuni. Probably be called Second World: Queen of White Ash. Or not, what do I know.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PokéKong said:
And it saddens me not everyone is getting behind Level-5, they are the most promising developer in Japan right now, they are kind to us fans and have not put out a bad game so far. They remind me of Squaresoft at the onset of their prime years.

Because to most people here, here are the games Level5 have made:
Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
Rogue Galaxy
Layton 1-3
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles 2

That reminds you of Squaresoft at the onset of their prime years? :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have a feeling they'll call it "Another World".

Anyway, are there any impressions about the NDS version? I've searched the web and they usually say that the game's story is not special or anything since its target audience is for kids.

StuBurns

Banned
ULTROS! said:
I have a feeling they'll call it "Another World".

Anyway, are there any impressions about the NDS version? I've searched the web and they usually say that the game's story is not special or anything since its target audience is for kids.
Another World is the name of Out Of This World in Europe, if they are looking at it as a long term franchise, they should be aiming for a unified name across the US and Europe.

Pyrokai

It's probably been discussed in this thread already, but what are people generally expecting with the DS game? It would be nice if we got that, too :(

checked the videos it's gorgeous ..BUT its also nice for example that the dongeon map was reveilled as we explore it .

World map look just like it should and that monster management should make me forget those long nights of jade cocoon fusion management once and for all ..

Amir0x

Banned
I really have no problem with Level 5 games. Dark Cloud 2 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games ever made, and the Layton games - damn them - I can't seem to stop buying, if only because they always throw in a few of those puzzles that addict the fuck out of me (peg solitaire game had me obsessed as fuck). And Rogue Galaxy is one of those games that I liked enough to finish, but just needed trimming.

Level 5's problem is always just that their games usually need a little more refinement here or a little more polish there. Bloat is not always a good thing, Level 5.

But I absolutely believe they're capable of making fantastic, AAA games and to this day I wish for Dark Cloud 3 harder than it is possible to wish for anything outside of a new Mother game

StuBurns

Banned
This is the slowest download I've experienced since the dial up days, I'm on 9%. The game will be out before I see this.

PokéKong

Amir0x said:
I really have no problem with Level 5 games. Dark Cloud 2 is, in my opinion, one of the greatest games ever made, and the Layton games - damn them - I can't seem to stop buying, if only because they always throw in a few of those puzzles that addict the fuck out of me (peg solitaire game had me obsessed as fuck). And Rogue Galaxy is one of those games that I liked enough to finish, but just needed trimming.

Level 5's problem is always just that their games usually need a little more refinement here or a little more polish there. Bloat is not always a good thing, Level 5.

But I absolutely believe they're capable of making fantastic, AAA games and to this day I wish for Dark Cloud 3 harder than it is possible to wish for anything outside of a new Mother game

Thank you, this is exactly what I was trying to say. Each game comes close to touching perfection to varying degrees, but there are signs of genius in them all, even the clumsy as hell Dark Cloud 1. It lacked "polish" in the general sense, but the details that they did put care into really made a difference, like all the pretty little weapon icons, and Steve/Super Steve.

My gut says Dark Cloud 3 would make an ideal 3DS game.

Bukana

Wow, very clean and very pretty!
I love the dark world (or graveyard?) design.
Did you guys notice the logo !?, it is very similar to FF games (?)

Can't wait!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
moonbeam said:
Such a beautiful looking game. Is there any chance this will eventually come out on the Xbox 360?

noctiswhatever.gif

matmanx1

duckroll said:
Great music. I approve!

That can't be IM@S music I hear in the background, can it? Uh oh, I've said too much!

Umm, yeah though, the news is good and I hope early 2012 means first quarter and not slipping into late spring or early summer!

Fuck yeah Level-5, gonna preorder it as soon as possible. Love yall <3

Now grace us with Layton vs Ace Attorney next year as well (in English!)

StuBurns

Banned
moonbeam said:
So there is some chance then? Seriously, is there anything of a contractual nature preventing Level 5 from putting this out on the Xbox if they wanted to?
Very likely no, there is no formal exclusive contract.

The general belief appears to be that Level-5 hate MS after their Xbox game got canned.

Pumpkins

StuBurns said:

The general belief appears to be that Level-5 hate MS after their Xbox game got canned.

Argh.

I don't have a PS3 unfortunately, but if this was on the 360 I would buy day one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StuBurns said:

Hino has mentioned that the two companies did not part favorably.

Top Bottom