• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninokuni (PS3) to be released in North America "early 2012", DLC Coming

ReaperXL7

This is amazing news, not only is it coming but it's coming next year. Good on them for putting that new studio in cali to work so quickly. Game looks simply fantastic at this point.

I'm not entirely sure what exactly it is honestly, it's an RPG obviously, but is it like pokemon where you are capturing creature to fight for you, or is it more you get set monsters at specific levels sort of deal?

Stuff like this makes me really pumped for Level 5's private conference. I'm really curious as to what they will announce next. They had a Vita RPG listed so i'm really interested in that aswell.

moonbeam

StuBurns said:
Very likely no, there is no formal exclusive contract.

The general belief appears to be that Level-5 hate MS after their Xbox game got canned.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that. Sad news though...

honestly, the battle system could be bottom of the barrel kingdom hearts shit, and it would still be one of the most anticipated games for me.

i'm not a graphics whore, but this is impossible to resist.

Did Level-5 say who is publishing the game in North America?

Also, any word on their Gundam AGE RPG (different from SD Gundam G Generation 3D on the 3DS. It features AGE units but they're not making it)?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
distantmantra said:

Also, any word on their Gundam AGE RPG (different from SD Gundam G Generation 3D on the 3DS. It features AGE units but they're not making it)?
They opened up offices in NA a few months ago. that says to me that they're doing it.

distantmantra said:

I guess we'll have to wait for an official announcement from them on their english website. But I assume they may be publishing it themselves possibly seeing as how their North American studio is now open.

ReaperXL7

For those asking about an Xbox version, here is the wiki page on TFLO and it's cancellation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Fantasy_Live_Online

I tried to find the original Japanese interview, but no luck on my end. What it boils down to is that MS felt that Level-5 was taking too long, they were having a hard time implementing specific features that MS was demanding because they had never had much experience with creating a game that featured such a heavy online component, and Hino also said in the original interview that MS did not know how to communicate, and handle japanese developers. There is probably alot of behind the scenes stuff that will never be discussed, but I would say it's safe to assume that Level-5 probably won't be working on anything for MS for a long time.

Not entirely Microsofts fault in some ways, but they should not have expected a developer that had no previous knowledge of creating an online game, to create an MMO from scratch and there not be issues.

Bukana

distantmantra said:

Also, any word on their Gundam AGE RPG (different from SD Gundam G Generoation 3D on the 3DS. It features AGE units but they're not making it)?

NISAmerica ? (joke)
LEVEL5 California.

ReaperXL07 said:
I absolutely love the music in the game, I really hope that they release some kind of CE that includes the Soundtrack. Do we know who is composing the music for this, or no? Want to see what else they might have done if anything.

It's Joe Hisaishi, the composer for all of Miyazaki's films at Ghibli.

Aeana

SolidSnakex said:
Oh, very interesting. This shows battles in a completely different light than the trailers did. Although they still don't look very exciting, it is cool that you can control Olivier directly as well as commanding the dudes.

duckroll said:
Why type all that text when you can just say "I prefer to play games on Nintendo platforms, fuck yeah!" instead? :p

Because it's not true?

Happy that at least this will come here, probably DS version was too much out of time. So I do hope Ni no Kuni 2 on 3DS will arrive.

Acosta

So you can switch between characters (I guess it was expected but it's the first time I see it), and you can move them around. Sounds interesting.

I want to believe!

Ostinatto

what is the Hayao Mizayazi contribution on this title?

i love ghibli's movies, this title is a must

pd: my english is getting worst...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ostinatto said:
what is the Hayao Mizayazi contribution on this title?

i love ghibli's movies, this title is a must

pd: my english is getting worst...

I believe the entire OST.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Knux-Future said:
I will buy this for the graphics alone.

.Yeah I said it/
It's cool. I'm doing the same thing for Rayman. I'm buying Sonic Generations for the music. I don't give a fuck

thuway

Knux-Future said:
I will buy this for the graphics alone.

.Yeah I said it/
I really hope SCEJ contact Ghibli after production of this game. SCEJ really needs an RPG studio and a collaboration with Ghibli could be the best thing for them.

Here's the Japanese boxart

8KWBz.png

MQsoW.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/series/ggl/20110919_478676.html
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...m-colours-spotted-at-tokyo-game-show/?mode=hd

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Acosta said:
I think that's Hisaishi's thing ;)

I don't think Miyazaki is involved on this at all. He is not a big fan of videogames.

Whoops, got them mixed up. Miyazaki is not involved at all I believe, just the artists and the composer.

StuBurns

Banned
Augemitbutter said:
sweet. it will be butchered for the western releases.
I imagine it could be the same, it's L5 themselves, they don't have to compromise, and I think a classy cover be quite effective.

From this:
whiteknight-boxart-194ab27.jpg

To this:
white-knight-chronicles-ex-edition.jpg

To this:
White_Knight_Chronicles.jpg

I think was a win for the US.

EDIT: 2 was the same, didn't know that:
34774926.jpg

white-knight-chronicles-2-ps3.jpg

Top Bottom