• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 2011/2012 Fiscal Meeting 26/04 [Update: Full Notes In OP, DD System, More]

DtYI0.jpg

What did Nintendo Answer?

Here's one what investor said at yesterday's shareholder meeting: "I'm concerned about the falling stock price. I own stock, but I don't own a single Nintendo product. I believe games are a waste of time. By the way, the reason I own Nintendo stock is because the name is nice, it's in Kyoto and it was listed in the year of my birth."

Iwata somehow managed to come up with a thoughtful answer: "There are people in this world who don't feel that games are a waste of time, so Nintendo continues to exist. We'd like to eliminate the thinking that playing games by yourself is negative, or when there's a crime you immediately tie it into games. We'd like to raise the social importance of games. We're working to expand the gaming population, yourself included."

This same shareholder asked a followup question: "During the Tohoku earthquake disaster, I believe people in the evacuation centers were lacking in exercise. Why didn't you bring Wii Fit to them? Why didn't you show off to the media that you're doing more for the victims?"

Iwata responded that while it is true that some may be able to use Wii Fit to recover from their lack of exercise, others might have lost loved ones and wanted to spend time quietly. So, they felt that it would not be good to send out product indiscriminately.

Discomurf

first tweet

At nintendo results meeting - scheduled games list doesn't look much new except 3 pokemon titles for DS in usa this yr

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
iirc, Iwata said that they actually did send relief aid and supplies but that they did not want to make such information public because they felt that such actions should be done in secret without expecting commendation
It's amazing how Iwata keeps his cool and gives a great answer to even the most moronic of questions.

Top Bottom