• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Announced: New 3D handheld (no glasses!), reveal @ E3, out by March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
2ch has already done an impressive mockup.

833c4f03.jpg

Mock if old.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Ushojax said:
This sounds really good, and TBH it's not unexpected considering all the rumours for the last few years about Nintendo fiddling around with 3D displays. If they launch with the new Pokemon game, and it sounds like they will, this is going to be an absolute monster. Those rumours that Nintendo's E3 would be twice as big as the last two sound pretty accurate now.

I'll be very interested to see what they do with region-locking after the DSi as well. Does anyone think they'll go back to region free carts?

If, when earlier this year, the reports about the new Pokemon game being for "DS" really meant for the new 3DS, they just didn't want to spill the beans, and it comes out alongside with the system, Nintendo will have won my love for quite a long time.

Since it's backwards compatible with DS/DSi, this means the system must have two screens, at least one touch screen, cameras, and 3D support, and perhaps it likely even has motion-sensing?

That is a crazy amount of user immersion.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
vantastic said:
wow, just wow.
i can't believe any of the posts in this thread. :lol
you guys are already saving up for a system you know nothing about besides nintendo + 3d. hilarious

"Handheld" + "Nintendo" is all that needs to be said, really.

Though hopefully it won't be as buttugly as the first gen DS.

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
can someone post the article/rehost the pdf? neither the jp or the english one work for me.

holy piss holy piss holy piss i'm so excited, this announcement is so long overdue. does it say anything about online shops? i beg for a virtual console on this thing... BEG, i tell you.

edit: first post was just edited, thanks man.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This just sounds almost too awesome to be true. And WTF does these mean for Wii2? 3D as well? Or something completely different? Fuck I love you Nintendo!!

Though I do worry a bit for Nintendo's pockets with Neogaf loving this idea so much.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I still have my launch DS Phat. Every time a new version of the DS is announced I think to myself, "good thing I waited" I feel like I'll never stop saying that lol. Oh well, looking forward to E3. I don't know about you guys but I'm not crazy about this whole 3D storm that's rolling through every fucking thing.

LCfiner

vantastic said:
wow, just wow.
you guys are already saving up for a system you know nothing about besides nintendo + 3d. hilarious

it’s the power of a strong brand. it shouldn’t be a surprise.

Nessus

Jimmy Stav said:
GAF history in the making, folks. Can't wait to look on these reactions, good or bad, in years to come.

I think most people by now have learned not to speak too soon with regards to Nintendo lately.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Htown said:
Not quick enough. I knew they'd pull some bullshit like that.

lazytaku.jpg

Now your failure is immortalized!

It's even funnier because the picture emphasizes their fail. It's not supposed to use glasses, lol.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
vantastic said:
wow, just wow.

Seriously, it's always insane in these threads. People were proclaiming "OMG the war is over!!!!" when the PSP was first revealed. At least wait until the software is announced before saying shit like that.

PantherLotus said:
Well I'm actually disappointed. I thought the next DS would also be the next Wii controller. Doesn't sound like it now.

How do you think DrGAKman is feeling? :lol

vantastic said:
wow, just wow.

Next Generation Nintendo Handheld are the only words I need. They've only been wrong once.

No pirate can rip this thing!

Also, what will make or break this is the price! If it costs a arm and a leg than it'll fail. But if it's priced like a DSi, it'll be huge!

But I have one problem: the DSi was useless. The DSiWare was very disappointing first of all, and secondly, this 3DS is coming out too soon.

I hate it when Nintendo does this...yet I love it at the same time! I'm so confused!!!

Ravidrath

BTW, it's really odd they did this now.

Were they trying to get out ahead of something? A competitor's announcement? A leak?

Maybe they're just trying to get their stock price even higher, a week before the end of fiscal?

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
actually....turn the DS sideways and throw half a stereoscopic image on each screen, and you've got 3d support w/o glasses...

there's no way this is going to be as cool as we all want it to be

amazing news, but how much is this going to cost?
I'm surprised they are already announcing a new handheld when the dsi's functionality has barely even been tapped.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Dogenzaka said:
It's even funnier because the picture emphasizes their fail. It's not supposed to use glasses, lol.
The fact that they spent the time photoshoping that picture...

madara

This is nintendo though so I have to believe that its decent tech for them to make the jump and call this the DS successor. Plus if I am thinking of this right it could do wonders for 2D as well.

MisterHero

Eteric Rice said:
WHAT.

WHERE THE FUCK DID THIS ANNOUNCEMENT COME FROM?

WHAT THE FUCK?!
To be honest I'm really not surprised

Miyamoto said that they were thinking about 3D but asserted that anything that would require the player to wear something (like glasses) should not be necessarry

vulva

the war is over, handhelds won. Consoles dead forever. PC gaming continues to proclaim itself superior as well

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
PantherLotus said:
Well I'm actually disappointed. I thought the next DS would also be the next Wii controller. Doesn't sound like it now.

Still Possible, and would be great.

But too expensive to actually happen.
Probably.
Maybe?
Not sure anymore :lol

Dogenzaka

Banned
BorkBork said:
Seriously, it's always insane in these threads. People were proclaiming "OMG the war is over!!!!" when the PSP was first revealed. At least wait until the software is announced before saying shit like that.

How do you think DrGAKman is feeling like? :lol

I don't think the war is over, but I think it's hilarious how much thunder Nintendo will have stolen from Sony if they announce the PSP2 at E3 and people have known about the 3DS since March. xD

I want to see what Sony has to say, but it'll be hard to top this.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
But I have one problem: the DSi was useless. The DSiWare was very disappointing first of all, and secondly, this 3DS is coming out too soon.

I hate it when Nintendo does this...yet I love it at the same time! I'm so confused!!!
The DSi was the new GB Micro. Anyone who didn't see that and then complain about it should be slapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom