• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

japtor

They did? Didn't know.

On the subject of save transfer though, I was wondering just the other day, how will a digital Pokemon XY handle saves? They'd have to have the game save to the internal memory and not the SD card, surely, or people could just back the save up.
I don't know if the newer games are still like this, but I heard the older download retail games basically worked like the carts, saving to the game (file) itself (...so deleting the game would also delete your save along with it).
Maybe they should have another Japanese to head NoA.
Would you be satisfied if they made Bill Trinen speak in Japanese and gave him subtitles?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I do have a feeling I'm going to be a bit underwhelmed by the european presentation.

My guess: release dates for Fire Emblem, Soul Hackers, Animal Crossing and Lego game.

Would love to be surprised though!

Shaanyboi

Banned
I don't know if the newer games are still like this, but I heard the older download retail games basically worked like the carts, saving to the game (file) itself (...so deleting the game would also delete your save along with it).

Would you be satisfied if they made Bill Trinen speak in Japanese and gave him subtitles?

...I'd be pretty into that.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Wishlist time:

Green Nintendo 3DS XL
Price-cut
Localizations for Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (EU) and Shin Megami Tensei 4
Pokémon X&Y footage
New 3DS game by AlphaDream, Retro, Monolith, Camelot or Treasure
+DQ7 and I'll be happy as fuck.

urfe

Honestly, I have zero expectations with this one. I'd be surprised if previously unannounced games or localizations were announced.

serplux

What are the odds of the 3DS eShop being brought in line with the Wii U one? The 3DS eShop is such a mess.

Agreed, that would be nice, but it would need quite a bit of work. There needs to be more categories/a better spotlight on individual titles like the Wii U eShop. (Also bring back the gift option please). I'm curious as to whether Miiverse will be showcased. I'd at least like to have that before Animal Crossing hits.

Naar

I guess I'll ask this here.

I got a 3DS when it first came out and part of the ambassador program.

But the one thing I hate is that my hands feel cramped when playing a 3DS and thinking of getting an XL.

I remember reading that I can transfer everything from my 3DS to the XL, including the ambassador certificate and everything else that I got from E shop, Mii, etc?

Am I correct in this? If so I will probably get an XL ASAP

Nosgoroth

vZoUcZc.jpg

My setup is ready for three streams this time. Bring it on!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Agreed, that would be nice, but it would need quite a bit of work. There needs to be more categories/a better spotlight on individual titles like the Wii U eShop. (Also bring back the gift option please). I'm curious as to whether Miiverse will be showcased. I'd at least like to have that before Animal Crossing hits.

They just need to re-jig the 3DS eShop so that it actually uses the top screen as well. At the moment the top screen is completely wasted for just huge ass images.

rockx4

But the one thing I hate is that my hands feel cramped when playing a 3DS and thinking of getting an XL.

I remember reading that I can transfer everything from my 3DS to the XL, including the ambassador certificate and everything else that I got from E shop, Mii, etc?

Yep, for me everything transferred over.

serplux

DQVII is a given I think, the others aren't, for Europe at least :(

SMT IV is definitely coming (since we're already getting Soul Hackers), and I'm fairly sure Bravely Default will come if Square Enix wants to try it out/Nintendo goes through with their localization promises.

Absolutely true, did it myself. Go get an XL now. :)

Shahadan

Yes but your original 3DS'data will be wiped.

Top Bottom