• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Bullza2o

I don't know why they'd show Fire Emblem Awakening again; maybe they're for upcoming DLC...but we already know there's a new one each week.

I'm still OK as long as Animal Crossing gets a release date
sooner than June

What's the point of these if they just tell us about the same games for 8 months.

Kind of silly if its only about Luigi's Mansion 2. I want the game, I don't want to watch more trailers for it at this point.

We are entering NSMB2 & Sticker Star territory where I'm getting sick of seeing it over and over.

EDarkness

Point being, these are the trailers that will be shown. If they were going to announce anything reason stands that there would be a video ready to upload for it.

That doesn't mean anything, though. They may talk about other things and not release a trailer. Have they done this before? I'm gonna assume they didn't because no one knew X was coming before the Nintendo Direct aired.

Peru

What's the point of these if they just tell us about the same games for 8 months.

Kind of silly if its only about Luigi's Mansion 2. I want the game, I don't want to watch more trailers for it at this point.

We are entering NSMB2 & Sticker Star territory where I'm getting sick of seeing it over and over.

Except for the special Directs this format is for Nintendo to show what's coming out in the coming months, not new stuff on the horizon.

ohlawd

ah shiet I have a seminar to attend tomorrow.

praying for good news heh. The last ND kicked my ass with good stuff after good stuff so I hope this one does too.

edit: oh lol the hype train is down it seems. 3DS related? Still sounds good to me.

Assuming my YouTube isn't screwing up, it seems the private videos have been removed from the playlists. Or I'm really stupid and looking at the wrong playlist. Anyone else give it a look please?

All I ask for is localizations. Seriously NoA we could have:
Bravely Default
Layton vs Wright
Dragon Quest 7
Time Travelers
Fantasy Life

I hate taking up precious announcement time with endless videos of games we already know everything about.

Darryl

Banned
reggie and bill being in those stills is further proof that there ain't shit to announce. they never get to drop bombs, that's all iwata.

Assuming my YouTube isn't screwing up, it seems the private videos have been removed from the playlists. Or I'm really stupid and looking at the wrong playlist. Anyone else give it a look please?

You are correct. But NOA can't un-let (hopefully only part of) the cat out of the bag; I'm surprised that a company so obsessed with secrecy wouldn't be aware of the thumbnail loophole.

I hate taking up precious announcement time with endless videos of games we already know everything about.

Well, we know literally nothing about LCU 3DS aside from the title, release date, and basic story premise, so there's at least that.

Drago

Watching a Japanese ND is like self torture. All these great looking games coming out and being announced, and then you look at the NoA/E Directs and see 10-15 minutes dedicated to the next Mario game.

yeah I know LM2 technically isn't Mario at all but it shares characters, it fits my agenda ;p

Bravely Default
Layton vs Wright
Dragon Quest 7
Time Travelers
Fantasy Life

This is exactly what I want. It would make me go and preorder all of them ASAP.

You are correct. But NOA can't un-let (hopefully only part of) the cat out of the bag; I'm surprised that a company so obsessed with secrecy wouldn't be aware of the thumbnail loophole.

Has anyone even done that up till now though? Well, posted publicly about it with their material?

I can't believe you guys resort to hacking Youtube for these
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Bravely Default
Layton vs Wright
Dragon Quest 7
Time Travelers
Fantasy Life

I'd be ecstatic if this were the case. My 3DS would never leave my side.

Wolfie5

I expect very little Wii U news on this one. If I had to guess, at most maybe some release dates and maybe something about connectivity between 3DS and Wii U.

pulga

Banned
Is there any general consensus on this? Does it sound like itll be worth waking up extra early?

Or am I just gonna listen to Iwata bang on about games we already know about.

EDarkness

Is there any general consensus on this? Does it sound like itll be worth waking up extra early?

The odds of this happening is pretty high, but we really don't know what they're going to show for sure. I guess it's like any other Nintendo Direct.

MarkusRJR

From what we've seen on their YouTube channel it looks to be Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Emblem DLC, and Lego City Stories for 3DS. There will probably be more but I don't think it's worth waking up early for.

RM8

Haven't been paying attention, does this Lego game look any better than the usual Lego games?

In any case, Luigi's Mansion alone means I'm watching it early tomorrow.

Top Bottom