• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

Soriku

So yeah, nothing mindblowing will come out of this.

What would classify as mindblowing? I really just want localizations, but they wouldn't be mindblowing.

The JP Direct could be good though. They need to show off more stuff for the year.

And it's not like they weren't going to focus on AC and LM2 anyway. Those are obvious.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
LM can suck my duckroll.

tumblr_m1gunurf8I1qjhjoso1_400.gif

You wish someone would get inside that musty old claptrap.

Nintendo's Youtube Channel has one private video in their "Nintendo Direct" playlist, and three in their "Nintendo 3DS" playlist. There are no private videos in the Wii U playlist.

Using this on the videos, I can tell that the three videos in the 3DS playlist are for FE:A, LEGO City Undercover, and AC:NL (change the number on the links to 1-3 for thumbnails). The one in the ND playlist is for tomorrow's ND I guess. This is the preview image I get for the ND video:

0.jpg

Added to the OP.

C-Jo

Yeah Luigi's Mansion looks fantastic. Don't see what is bad about it

It's a very known quantity, and not very exciting as a result. It says nothing about the quality of LM, but people are generally anticipating these things for the hope of something new.

I'm not even looking for anything crazy. Bravely Default & Dragon Quest localizations, a 3DS XL in a half decent color maybe? I don't think that's too much to ask.

MarkusRJR

I totally called this shit:
All I expect out of this ND is a few release dates (Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pikmin 3 hopefully), and a few trailers (and maybe a little gameplay footage) for already announced 3DS/Wii U games. If we're lucky we'll maybe get game reveal or two (for 3DS only), but after Nintendo blew it's load last month I doubt they're ready to do it again this month. I'd advise people not to get too hyped, but that'd be saying the obvious.
I still hope we maybe get a game reveal but I'm starting to doubt that now that we know there's only 3 private videos on their YouTube, only for previously announced games. Lame.

GAMERG0D

Maybe they could pull a WW HD and show screenshots of a secret game. They didn't have a YT video for WW HD so maybe there are still surprises.

Symphonic

I totally called this shit:

I still hope we maybe get a game reveal but I'm starting to doubt that now that we know there's only 3 private videos on their YouTube, only for previously announced games. Lame.

Obviously the fourth is going on Sony's channel

DaBoss

1. The Dragon Quest spinoffs
2. Fantasy Life
3. CalcioBit
4. EX Troopers (but that ones impossible anyways ): )
5. Layton x Ace Attorney
6. Taiko (same as EX Troopers)
7. and the obvious DQVII and BD:FF

I was exaggerating but there's still quite a few 3DS games with no localization announcements that I would definitely think about buying :/

1. I know some people are fans of these, are they good?
2. Animal Crossing New Leaf is coming, so it is a better alternative I would assume.
3. From what I've seen, doesn't seem that great and something that would be listed among some of these titles.
4. Douche move by Capcom for this one, though I read it had negative reception.
5. I think this one will come over.
6. My view on this is the same as Calciobit
7. My most anticipated.

I have hope that the last 2 listed there have a chance of being localized.

...Good?

You should be looking forward to LM2 if you have any taste.

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO PEINS DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

Speaking of Luigi's Mansion 2, I beat the original the other day from start to finish, and was surprised at how good it was. I didn't give the game a fair shake the first time. I probably won't buy this at launch or near launch due to MH3U, but it will probably be a future purchase for me.

Mr. Fix

- Monolithsoft making Zelda 3DS
- Platinum making Star Fox 3DS
- Treasure making Metroid 3DS
- Retro making Donkey Kong Country 3DS

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIMME ADVANCE WARS!!

now that fire emblem is done, it is time.

Golden Sun Origins
Camelot x Intelligent Systems
Set before the sealing of alchemy
Size of GS + TLA
Chrismas 2013 simultaneous WW release

BELIEVE

Dammit, GAF.

They'll probably spend a minute or two talking about the Fire Emblem DLC though given that thumbnail posted.
Give me the whole batch!

Smellycat

Oh wow, Detective GAF strikes again!! I guess we can keep predicting what Nintendo is going to show for their future Directs using their youtube channel (if they don't fix this ).

Well, at first, when JP Direct wasn't announced, hype was still here... but now ? I guess it'll focus on known titles only :/
+ the leaked content in the youtube thing pretty much killed any hopes :/

DaBoss

Come on guys, just cause the NOA/NOE directs don't seem to have much exciting doesn't mean the superior (Japanese) Iwata direct won't have surprises. Only Luigi's Mansion 2 has a chance of showing up on the Japanese direct.

Shahadan

Yeah fuck seeing more about games coming out in the next months, we want bajillions of announcements of games that won't come out until next year! We feed on that shit, Iwata!

MarkusRJR

Hopefully they announce that they're bringing the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle to NA. I will purchase that shit so fast.

Yeah fuck seeing more about games coming out in the next months, we want bajillions of announcements of games that won't come out until next year! We feed on that shit, Iwata!
I think it's the fact we've been seeing the same shit since E3 regarding the 3DS it would kill for something new. We've seen pretty much everything that they can talk about Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. At this point I'm pretty much just like "I get it, it's awesome. Don't need to repeat everything all over again". They did the same shit with NSMB2 and it really put me off playing the game.

BowieZ

Banned
The Luigi's Mansion still could just be a quick show of the release date.

Bill could be announcing Zelda 3DS in that still.

Reggie could be introducing a teaser for Smash Bros. 4 in his still.

Don't get too depressed, GAF.

JDSN

Banned
If there is gonna be a new Nintendo reveals it will probably stuff like made by their western second parties like Kuju and the excite trucks fellas.

Top Bottom