• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS / Fall 2010 Conference Thread - Full conference recap in the OP

Koodo

Banned
GAF IS ALIVE.

2re5qnn.jpg

So, about that price...

Linkhero1

That was a painful wait. Anyways the conference wasn't that great, it seems like the 3ds is gonna be expensive (I'm guessing $250 in NA) and the release date is too far away.

mehdi_san

And we're back. Very disappointed by the launch date and price, but at least it comes with a 2GB SD card and the charging dock.

Beth Cyra

I got kicked from Gaf as soon as it started and just got allowed back on.

Guess Nintendo killed more then people's hope for a 200 dollar machine haha.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wow... I guess I'll wait for Nintendo 3DS Lite even if MML3 is coming to the 3DS.

I was expecting to be behind in this thread by 2,000+ posts by the time it let me back in.

$300 for a 3DS wooooooo! :/

Auto-mii creation is very cool, Mega Man Legends 3 is a nice announcement, and all the games are looking great. Still not completely clear on the tag mode stuff though. Also, GB/GBC virtual console wooooo!

AniHawk

New Kirby game for the DS was a surprise.

Price sucks. Not too thrilled about OoT visually either. I still say there's a chance the machine's under $200 in America, but it's looking more and more likely that it'll be in the $250 region, and I think that'll be too much for most people.

Oh, so it wasn't just me when the site didn't load. :lol

And I heard roughly $250 for the price. But I'm more interested in the Rhythm Tengoku game coming to the wii. VC Gameboy sounds good, but I'm in rush for 3DS.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So I waltz onto GAF 3 hours (?) after the conference started, expecting lots of reaction to the 3DS news, and there's a handful of posts... what happened? :lol

Anyway, interesting news. Not all of it on the sunnier side of speculation, but the 'hit the home button' to browse the web thing is nice.

wrowa

Art Teitlebaum said:
Was a really entertaining conference with all of you. :lol
Honestly, it was the most boring conference ever. Not a single site worked anymore! :lol I was constantly refreshing AndriaSang in hope that the site might load sometime... :lol

Holy crap, 3DS VC!

I want Metroid Zero Mission on it so badly! I lost my copy and don't have a DSLite or GBA anymore, so I'm so excited for it! :D

I'd also like to have the entire Super Mario Advanced collection on one SD card!

It'll be glorious!

wrowa

gofreak said:
So I waltz onto GAF 3 hours (?) after the conference started, expecting lots of reaction to the 3DS news, and there's a handful of posts... what happened? :lol

Anyway, interesting news. Not all of it on the sunnier side of speculation, but the 'hit the home button' to browse the web thing is nice.
After 15 minutes GAF died for the next three hours :lol

And here we go, queue tons of posts screaming about the high price point that hasn't been confirmed for the US.

I will admit to screaming due to sticker shock as well, but I'll wait and see what happens for the price here before I really start to join in.

Ydahs

How did a regular Nintendo conference crash GAF longer than any E3 conference? :lol

Or was it just a coincidence? For a second there I thought it was just my crappy 64kbps internet too.

it will be 250$ in the US and 250€ in EU

28000 yen = 290$ or 220€

a 3DS plus cradle plus 2GB SD card for that price?
anyone complaining should just shut up

AniHawk

Ydahs said:
How did a regular Nintendo conference crash GAF longer than any E3 conference? :lol

Or was it just a coincidence? For a second there I thought it was just my crappy 64kbps internet too.

It was a coincidence.

Jerk

Banned
Ack, the frame-rates of most of those games...

Someone please tell me that my eyes have just stopped working correctly.

wrowa said:
Honestly, it was the most boring conference ever. Not a single site worked anymore! :lol I was constantly refreshing AndriaSang in hope that the site might load sometime... :lol

Yes, it was kinda dull to read the few sources without the meltdown outrage here. So quiet in comparison to all the former megatons.

299!!!1!

ASIS

OOT looked very disappointing. It still "feels" old .. if that makes any sense.
Also.. NEW Fatal Frame for the Wii? OMG!!

Beth Cyra

Jerk 2.0 said:
Ack, the frame-rates of most of those games...

Someone please tell me that my eyes have just stopped working correctly.

I don't know, the video I saw had both SSFIV and RER looking really good.

Neo C.

I was already very skeptical about all the 179-199$ predictions, but 25'000 Yen is quite shocking.

Perhaps I can just walk in any store and get one this time?
not really

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
As I posted on twitter (ugh), it was a power surge at the datacenter that took everything offline, and then once power was restored there was another issue with the PHP server that required another reboot. Completely unrelated to the conference, just a coincidence.

Top Bottom