• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Target team up for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe marketing:

Savitar

.....target is still a thing?

It's nice that Nintendo is arranging such things, do wish it was for a bigger retailer but baby steps I suppose.

No more Target here in Canada :( .
Finaly Nintendo is promoting their games and Brand. Something that really laked since the Nes and Snes days. I remember being a kid and seing Nintendo everywhere. Not so much in the last years. They need to start making movies like The Wizard and get all new children to know their brand.

This is all fine and well but i still havent seem a switch in store post launch. Hopefully they have plans for stores to be stocked to maximize marketing benefits.

For some reason, I've ended up in Walmarts early on Saturday mornings recently. Each time, I see a massive amount of Switches, that are inevitably gone when I come back later in the week.

The shipments are coming just fine, they're just selling out fast.

It's nice that Nintendo is arranging such things, do wish it was for a bigger retailer but baby steps I suppose.

Are you not from the US? Target is huge.

Vice

Yes of course but I don't understand the appeal of a port.
Not many people had a Wii U. The gameplay is still fun and there are some.new additions and changes people have wanted since MK8 was on Wii U.

It's the second biggest retailer of it's type behind Wal-Mart in the United States.

TS-08

Yeah Target is still a pretty major retailer. Are you thinking of K Mart or something?

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
This is all fine and well but i still havent seem a switch in store post launch. Hopefully they have plans for stores to be stocked to maximize marketing benefits.

There has to be a big restock coming with the launch of this game. Nintendo would be insane not to

mj-laughing.gif

I take it you don't live in the U.S. then? Target is pretty big here. It's Wal-Mart for people who don't leave the house in Pajamas.

Hero

Target is the 11th largest retailer in the United States and from 1-10 there are retailers that don't even stock video games at all.

Mariolee

Target is one of the biggest retailers though? Maybe that's just my Californian perspective though, but they're second only to Wal-Mart in my experience.

Edit: Ah 11th, but still damn big.

Anecdotal, but there are like 8 Targets within 5 minutes (driving) of my house. It's... a thing in California at least.

sam12

Ok? So, what's the problem then.

Don't buy this, and move on with your life. It's not like the existence of this game kept another game from existing.

Well it's a public forum where we as public are allowed to express opinions. There was nothing malicious about any of what I said. If people don't like it then move on from it

Savitar

For some reason, I've ended up in Walmarts early on Saturday mornings recently. Each time, I see a massive amount of Switches, that are inevitably gone when I come back later in the week.

The shipments are coming just fine, they're just selling out fast.

Are you not from the US? Target is huge.

Yeah Target is still a pretty major retailer. Are you thinking of K Mart or something?

Bigger retailer? So Walmart? Because who else is bigger?

I take it you don't live in the U.S. then? Target is pretty big here. It's Wal-Mart for people who don't leave the house in Pajamas.

Target is the 11th largest retailer in the United States and from 1-10 there are retailers that don't even stock video games at all.

Yup, Canadian.

We ain't got no Target here. They all closed two years ago after a disastrous showing.

You can read about how and why in The Last Days of Target

Is there really HD Rumble in game ? I never felt it when I played during hands-on sessions.

Yeah there is, it's most noticeable when revving up at the start but you can feel it pretty much frequently. For instance when bumping into a wall the vibration seems to align with where the the kart was hit, you can also feel a small tickle when picking up a coin.

It's mostly pretty subtle but it's a big step up over the vibrations of the Wii U version.

Lkr

Yup, Canadian.

We ain't got no Target here. They all closed two years ago after a disastrous showing.

You can read about how and why in The Last Days of Target
Its neogaf dot com not neogaf dot ca!!!
All joking aside I'm gonna read that article because target is one of the better retailers here in my experience and I don't know how they could fail to win over the hearts of canadians

sam12

Your opinion is that "20+ Japanese Unreal Engine 4 games for Switch in development" must be "niche stuff no one will play? That's not an opinion, that's a meaningless statement based on nothing.

Based on their history it's not meaningless at all. When was the last time a big Japanese 3rd party game came to a Nintendo console? No FF, Dark Souls, MGS, etc.
anyway pm me if you want to continue this conversation, people really seem to be going off topic

ZeoVGM

Banned

Yeah, Target failed at their Canadian rollout but they're all over the place in the US.

(And I legitimately enjoy shopping there. Such a better experience than Walmart.)

ASIS

For saying my opinion 👍
Your posts heavily imply that you don't care about the quality of Mario Kart but are inclined to brush it off because of the platform it is and as well as the developer of the game.

Yes it's your opinion, but it is a petty opinion to hold nonetheless. That's why you are receiving all these replies.

Just thought this might make it clearer for you.

Based on their history it's not meaningless at all. When was the last time a big Japanese 3rd party game came to a Nintendo console? No FF, Dark Souls, MGS, etc.
anyway pm me if you want to continue this conversation, people really seem to be going off topic

If you are developing a niche game why are you picking UE4? There are probably cheaper solutions out there.

Its neogaf dot com not neogaf dot ca!!!
All joking aside I'm gonna read that article because target is one of the better retailers here in my experience and I don't know how they could fail to win over the hearts of canadians

Mismanaged hard. And they didnt have the selection or pricing like the American counterparts. Sucks really. Walmart domination here.

Looks like someone missed the 3DS. Wii U didn't have much Japanese or Western support so yes, it's a meaningless statement.

rhandino

Banned
There is this little series called Yo-Kai Watch and that other irrelevant one called Monster Hunter.

Anyway... I notice that this is a "limited time" promotion. I wonder how long it'll go on for? This also hits around the same time as the new set of McDonald's Mario toys in the States, though those aren't directly related to Mario Kart.

Top Bottom