• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Vans making some Sneakers

I went to the mall looking for a pair, and I found these at Journeys. Apparently they're exclusive to Journeys according to their display.

Z6nX57t.png

I love them!

SuperSah

Banned
Ordered mine the other day from the Vans UK site. Takes them an age to ship?

They took a day to dispatch mine. I spoke to a dude on the phone and he said the warehouse was mighty busy at this time, so expect a small delay.

If it's over £15, which it likely is, you could get charged VAT + the courier's fee. For Royal Mail the fee is £8. Duty you generally don't have to worry about unless you're ordering something over £135.

Sometimes you can be lucky and not get his by customs if it's going through standard untracked international mail, but shoe boxes are fairly big so I doubt it'd slip through.

Cheers buddy. Now do I get them or not? Or do I just be content with my Duck Hunt versions? :/

I bought these two online:

i was gonna buy those zelda slip ons since i've been meaning to buy a new pair of slip ons anyway but decided against it since two pairs of shoes is enough for now imo. maybe next time if these are still around.

AdanVC

SOOO JEALOUS of y'all who are getting a pair or have one already :( Who the f knows when we're going to get them in Mexico and good lord only knows how much they will increase in price. siiGH.

I bought these two online:

i was gonna buy those zelda slip ons since i've been meaning to buy a new pair of slip ons anyway but decided against it since two pairs of shoes is enough for now imo. maybe next time if these are still around.

WHAT?! Does america have the mario pattern shoes in adult sizes?! Here in Europe they only have them in child and toddler sizes :(

SuperSah

Banned
Oh sweet, both the Schuh and Vans are out of delivery with Yodel today.

When were they despatched? Mine was sent out yesterday but then again Yodel is a PoS and will take their sweet ass time delivering.

Still trying to decide whether to import those blue mushroom ones or not. :/

How long are these gonna be up for I am going to France next week for the euro's and really can't afford to purchase anything but I really want that tie dye mario bag

Hasney

When were they despatched? Mine was sent out yesterday but then again Yodel is a PoS and will take their sweet ass time delivering.

Still trying to decide whether to import those blue mushroom ones or not. :/

Thursday from Vans, Friday from Schuh.

Schuh shipped out yourd via Yodel?

They used UPS for me, which means money delivery.

Weird. I didn't pick next day delivery if that makes a difference.

Ninja Dom

How long are these gonna be up for I am going to France next week for the euro's and really can't afford to purchase anything but I really want that tie dye mario bag

I'm guessing the bags will be around longer than the shoes. No basis, just my guess. And you'll prob be able to get the bags later on eBay.

SuperSah

Banned
Alright guys, help me decide which of the two I should get.

Schuh exclusive Villians ones or import those Blue Mushroom ones?

Let me know thoughts since Schuh's Villian's are selling fast.

Mafro

I went to the mall looking for a pair, and I found these at Journeys. Apparently they're exclusive to Journeys according to their display.

I love them!
Those look great. I already bought the NES controller ones but I'm tempted to get these too.

Alright guys, help me decide which of the two I should get.

Schuh exclusive Villians ones or import those Blue Mushroom ones?

Let me know thoughts since Schuh's Villian's are selling fast.
Yeah they were almost completely out of stock yesterday but they put more sizes up this morning it seems.

Weird that Schuh have told people there won't be more. Yesterday in store they said you could order out of stock ones and they'd arrive next day.

Decided to pick up a Mario and friends pair, exclusive to Journeys. I ordered the it's dangerous to go alone Zelda slip ons and I'll be ordering some Peach lace ups next. I think that should do me good. I've never owned Vans before and I was in the market for some new shoes so I think 3 pairs will last me a long time (hopefully anyway, I've heard vans last a pretty good bit).

kubus

Are the blue mushroom shoes still available somewhere? I might import them if I can find a store that will do international shipping...

Zafir

Weird that Schuh have told people there won't be more. Yesterday in store they said you could order out of stock ones and they'd arrive next day.

I'd imagine that's assuming there is stock in their warehouse, which there would have been yesterday.

The site is probably pulling from that same warehouse.

Hasney

Probably from the warehouse/other stores that weren't selling as quickly. As far as they know right now, once their overall stock is gone it's gone for good.

Grabbed some of the Zelda slip ons from Amazon too as I was on the fence.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
All sold out in my size at the .de shop. Bummer, but they'd be pretty expensive anyway >_>

SuperSah

Banned
Are the blue mushroom shoes still available somewhere? I might import them if I can find a store that will do international shipping...

Yup. Zumiez and they ship to the UK.

I was gonna go for them too but I think the import costs are gonna come out fairly high. :/

I've now also got my eyes set on the tie-dye styled Mario Bros. one which I may get instead.

Oh sweet, both the Schuh and Vans are out of delivery with Yodel today.

I'm currently in some kind of hell waiting for my son's migraine-looking Mario slip-ons to arrive from Yodel, and another box of goodies for me from Amazon Logistics.

Both 'out for delivery' around 8am. Neither has showed up yet. Yodel is now saying 'slight delay' on the site. It's no like i'd want to leave the house on a sunny Saturday, eh?

Did yours arrive?

EDIT - I see they did. Good to know Yodel can be competent sometimes.

AdanVC

So they are already sold out and they would not be doing more? Typical Nintendo thing. fffuuuuuglkdjghlkdfjg.

*sob*

So they are already sold out and they would not be doing more? Typical Nintendo thing. fffuuuuuglkdjghlkdfjg.

*sob*
I talked to someone on the Vans website and they said sizes that are currently out of stock will be restocked the first week of July. Do not fret!!!

kubus

Yup. Zumiez and they ship to the UK.

I was gonna go for them too but I think the import costs are gonna come out fairly high. :/

I've now also got my eyes set on the tie-dye styled Mario Bros. one which I may get instead.
Awesome. I was just in the Vans store to try the tie-dyes on. They look awesome. I would've bought them if I didn't already have the DK ones on the way and I bought some other colorful sneakers last month.

Fake edit: The mushroom blue sneakers are only available from size 8 (US sizes) and I need 7,5. So sad right now :'(((

SuperSah

Banned
Awesome. I was just in the Vans store to try the tie-dyes on. They look awesome. I would've bought them if I didn't already have the DK ones on the way and I bought some other colorful sneakers last month.

Fake edit: The mushroom blue sneakers are only available from size 8 (US sizes) and I need 7,5. So sad right now :'(((

I needed a size 8 US to fit my UK size 7 but struggling to decide whether or not to risk the additional import fees. :/

Were the tie-dye ones washed out or colourful? I can't really take a look since all my stores sold out and I can only order them.

kubus

I needed a size 8 US to fit my UK size 7 but struggling to decide whether or not to risk the additional import fees. :/

Were the tie-dye ones washed out or colourful? I can't really take a look since all my stores sold out and I can only order them.
Yeah the import fees are gonna suck but you get some super rad sneakers in return. And the price in dollars is like €60 converted, which is €15 cheaper than what the shoes cost here. So that helps.

I'm gonna have to find another site that has the mushroom sneakers in size 7.5 AND ships worldwide :/. Curse these feet! :p

The tie-dyes are very colorful but when I had them on they weren't too distracting. Colors didn't seem washed out to me!

SuperSah

Banned
Yeah the import fees are gonna suck but you get some super rad sneakers in return. And the price in dollars is like €60 converted, which is €15 cheaper than what the shoes cost here. So that helps.

I'm gonna have to find another site that has the mushroom sneakers in size 7.5 AND ships worldwide :/. Curse these feet! :p

The tie-dyes are very colorful but when I had them on they weren't too distracting. Colors didn't seem washed out to me!

Good luck! If I remember, someone did say the blue mushrooms are exclusive to select places.

Thanks for your input, might just grab the tie-dye pair. My first ever colourful shoes too.

(though I really really want them Blue Mushrooms but they would probs cost me nearly £80 with import fees)

Good luck! If I remember, someone did say the blue mushrooms are exclusive to select places.

Thanks for your input, might just grab the tie-dye pair. My first ever colourful shoes too.

(though I really really want them Blue Mushrooms but they would probs cost me nearly £80 with import fees)

If you're still looking for the Villains, they're up at Journeys and they look to have international shipping. Dunno about the cost though.

http://www.journeys.com/product/408777

Eilt

Neo Member
I was able to pick up a pair of the "Parisian Night" Zelda shoes and got a pair of socks so I could meet the two item quote to get the free pins.

Shame all the grayscale checkered ones are sold out in my size - would have loved those!

Chucker

Wanted the grey icon chukkas but no dice. Managed to get the Zelda slip ons at the local store, which is good since I need a new slip on.

Top Bottom