• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Vans making some Sneakers

Mr-Joker

Banned
£52 for a pair of shoe...yeah I am passing as at that price they would end up being in the box as I wouldn't want to dirty them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I nipped into Schuh Oxford Street today and came out with a pair of the Mario ones. Also got a nice canvas bag with the Nintendo logo and the old Mario sprite on it which is a Schuh exclusive.

Was a bit worried since I usually go for half sizes and Schuh don't seem to stock those, but these fitted nicely. Considered the DK ones, but these Era shaped ones felt more comfortable and there was something attractive about just how bold the Mario design is (the colours are stronger in RL than the photo on the website). I've been kind of lucky that my size in that it hasn't really gone out of stock anywhere over the past few days so I was pretty confident I'd be able to get a pair today.

kubus

Anyone have any experience with buying from Tilly's? They are the only store selling the mushroom blue shoes in size 6. They're even offering them from size 5. The Vans official site says the sizes go from 6.5. Are these guys trustworthy? Is it even possible they have sizes that Vans themselves don't stock?

I'm in Europe so I can't really go to their store or something. According to online reviews their customer services are a nightmare to deal with so that's not really promising in case something goes wrong with the international shipping...

Hasney

Oh alright then, just one more pair.

CkNRiQjWEAAl-fc.jpg:large

GRaider81

If anyone is looking for a size 8 (UK) Nintendo Old school pair, message me.

taSb.jpg

still in box as new, bought them but i needed a 9.

Will sell for retail plus postage though being honest I think you can still find 8s on some sites so maybe try searching first.

Duck Hunt design for me, wish I could go all out and buy loads but I'm really heavy on shoes and have had to toss so many cool designs that I'd worn out in the past. Might be tempted by one more pair, but gonna try hold off on spending more for now.

JimmyJones

Banned
Do they do the Villains ones for men? I checked the Schuh website and they only have women's ones. I've ordered the Duck Hunt and Donkey Kong hats from the Vans site along with the Mario, Zelda and DK socks.

SuperSah

Banned
Do they do the Villains ones for men? I checked the Schuh website and they only have women's ones. I've ordered the Duck Hunt and Donkey Kong hats from the Vans site along with the Mario, Zelda and DK socks.

Villians are gone for good. They were a "limited limited" edition sadly :(

My DH Dog and Super Mario Bros. pairs have arrived! They look fantastic in person :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I went into the Schuh store Oxford Street and they had the Villains design on display. I wasn't interested in getting it so I never asked about backroom stock though.

Zafir

Mine arrived, the box was totally beaten up though since Schuh just put them into a bag to ship out. :|

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sounds like I made the right choice to buy in store. Though my NES pad tag is a bit bent. Probably from when I tried it on in store walking around.

SuperSah

Banned
Sounds like I made the right choice to buy in store. Though my NES pad tag is a bit bent. Probably from when I tried it on in store walking around.

My issue is with Schuch if you reserve a product, they slap a MASSIVE yellow sticker on it.

Mafro

For some reason I couldn't select next day delivery on the two pairs I ordered from Schuh, it was just the standard "3-5 days" delivery but it said they should be here tomorrow or Wednesday. When I ordered the Villains ones on Saturday they must have went out of stock on the website and it looks like they got stock from a store instead of a warehouse for those ones.

Just seen there's been a stock refresh on the Vans UK site. Tempted to get those Game Over sandals now they have them in size 11...

SuperSah

Banned
I got round to opening up and having a peak at the Duck Hunt pair.

They appear to be a dark, camo green and not the brownish tinge seen in the photos. Very nice quality print too - almost unwilling to try them on.

The tie-dye Mario Bros. have an equally impressive print and are super colourful.

Consider me incredibly happy!

Flintty

I popped into a Vans store where I'm staying on business (none in my local area) and I have to say, all of them were damn impressive! Such high quality, I nearly bought a couple of pairs in any size there and then but resisted. Hopefully my Old Skools will have arrived by the time I get home.

Still waiting for my order to ship, I hope I get thone Zelda slip ons soon! Once those ship I'll be picking up the Peach shoes and then I'll be done. Still wish the Yoshi design was for adults...

Guys, if I hold on to a few pair and do not wear them....what is the likelihood they will become rare and increase in value over the years?

esGuys, if I hold on to a few pair and do not wear them....what is the likelihood they will become rare and increase in value over the years?
Well theyre limited. Meaning they wont be re-released. I got 2 pairs of the black and whites enemies laced ones. Now, if vans shoes are valuable, that I dont know. Although white vans shoes damn daniel have went up to 400,000 in a bid at ebay.

yZAU4h3.png

The above e-mail is the response I received when I asked Vans customer service if they were planning to get the Vans x Nintendo shoes in larger sizes. An interesting response.

ZeroX03

Banned
Lots of nice photos in here. I haven't really looked at local availability, I might have to do that soon. Otherwise I'll import a pair or two.

These shoes...

My Duck Hunts haven't even properly been on my feet yet and I'm already considering what my second pair of these will be - strongly considering the NES design or the awesome villains print if anywhere restocks them in my size.

Even designs I wasn't initially interested in are suddenly becoming appealing. Agh.

Stalk

Finally shipped mine on Monday. Now to sit and refresh the yodel page... "Should be with us by the 6th". THAT'S A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT.

Mafro

Finally shipped mine on Monday. Now to sit and refresh the yodel page... "Should be with us by the 6th". THAT'S A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT.
Oh no is that who Vans use? MY order is still processing and I'm off to the Download festival on Friday for the weekend so god knows where they'll end up.

Chorazin

Oh man, I'm super in love with the Villains shoes, and my local Journey's has them in stock. But I picked up the Zelda slip ons and the Controller high-tops already. :/

Plus all that white just seems like it'll get ugly quick.

Kaiken

Banned
In regards to the Nintendo Old Skool (which I found at Zumiez anyways):

Vans said:
Thank you for contacting Vans! We are planning on restocking in the middle of July. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!
Best Regards,
Vans Team

Top Bottom