• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Vans making some Sneakers

Bio-Frost

So are these models actually limited or did one blog just make this up and some followed?
The alice in wonderland shoes from last year are on ebay for a few hundred now.

13411768_1155331791163794_4803465773993585989_o.jpg

SuperSah

Banned
These are limited.

Vans confirmed a July restock but stated that they expect the line to run for only 2 months according to a tweet.

undecided

I can't say that I really care since I am wearing mine, but if you are intending to order as a 'collector' don't order from zumiez .com -- they write the model info on the box in sharpie.

jiggle

I saw these in a couple of shops in Milan
The colorful one looks surprisingly nice in real life
I'd get it if I wear video game clothings

Drain You

Anybody really dying to get their hands on a pair of the White SK8-HI Slim in size 10.5? Took a chance getting them in that size since usually I'm an 11. Came in today and they are a little tight. If no one here wants them I'll probably just keep them and only wear them on occasion. Not looking to make any money, will just sell them at cost. Also not sure if its allowed to advertise something like this in this thread, will delete and post in the buy sell thread if so. Feel free to PM me, ill see it much faster than a response in this thread.

EDIT: FYI if anyone seems to care about such a thing ( saw someone talking about it earlier I believe ) The NES style box I was shipped is pristine. It was a box inside a box.

iKhayal18

Mines arrived yesterday :) The bad news is that I had to pay 30€ extra for Customs (to Spain), so I ended up paying 110€ in total... That's the highest price I've paid for a pair of sneakers :/ Now I've learned my lesson for the future.

XQGAdE7.png

And by the way, for those who are doubting, at least in my case the size is the same as the rest of Vans shoes. I ordered half a number more just in case (11 - 44,5, while I usually wear 10,5 - 44) and they are a little bit loose, so you don't need to do that ;) And yes, no NES box for these ones, but they have a sole similar to the Ultracush ones. They are very confortable!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
And by the way, for those who are doubting, at least in my case the size is the same as the rest of Vans shoes. I ordered half a number more just in case (11 - 44,5, while I usually wear 10,5 - 44) and they are a little bit loose, so you don't need to do that ;) And yes, no NES box for these ones, but they have a sole similar to the Ultracush ones. They are very confortable!

Yeah about that, since you're referring to my post: I just had to walk these 'in' more. After a few days of regular use the chafing stopped, I have no issues now. Just needed a few days of wear.

So yeah, just order them in the size of your other Vans.

cube444

I was at the Vans store this morning on Yonge St here in Toronto right at 10am. I was 19th in line and I was going in to pick-up the Peach Mario Kart ones for my 5 year old niece, Zelda ones for my 7 year old niece and the Super Mario tie dye ones for my 9 year old niece. The people in front of me were all buying for themselves so I wasn't worried about not getting any shoes at those smaller sizes.

I bought the Peach ones but unfortunately the Zelda and SMB ones I wanted start at size 4 and up. I'll bring my nieces in one day with me and let them pick out a pair rather than me buying them ones they don't like or pretend to like. :lol

P.S. Some pretty cool shirts, socks and backpacks there as well under the Nintendo/Vans line. The guy threw in a 6 button pack and said they're apparently going for $100 on ebay?

balohna

I was at the Vans store this morning on Yonge St here in Toronto right at 10am. I was 19th in line and I was going in to pick-up the Peach Mario Kart ones for my 5 year old niece, Zelda ones for my 7 year old niece and the Super Mario tie dye ones for my 9 year old niece. The people in front of me were all buying for themselves so I wasn't worried about not getting any shoes at those smaller sizes.

I bought the Peach ones but unfortunately the Zelda and SMB ones I wanted start at size 4 and up. I'll bring my nieces in one day with me and let them pick out a pair rather than me buying them ones they don't like or pretend to like. :lol

P.S. Some pretty cool shirts, socks and backpacks there as well under the Nintendo/Vans line. The guy threw in a 6 button pack and said they're apparently going for $100 on ebay?

Thanks for bumping the thread, made it to the Vans store in Vancouver to buy their last two Donkey Kong hoodies (which were perfectly sized - large for me, small for my lady).

cube444

Thanks for bumping the thread, made it to the Vans store in Vancouver to buy their last two Donkey Kong hoodies (which were perfectly sized - large for me, small for my lady).

No problem man.

I was back at the Vans store in Toronto with my two nieces yesterday afternoon. The one actually got the SMB tie dye ones that she originally wanted as they came in a 3.5 size and the other one loved the Yoshi slip-on pair so we got those in a 1.5 size.

P.S. Looks like they ran out of those button packs that they give you with your purchase. Staff there was saying how the merchandise including hats, shirts, socks, back packs has sold very, very well.

aett

My family saw these at the mall last weekend but they didn't have any designs I liked in my size (13) so we just got a pair for my son as well as the amazing SMB backpack. When we got home I looked online for the blue Zelda shoes, but my size was sold out everywhere around me and online.

However, I checked vans.com again a few days ago and they were suddenly back in stock, so I quickly placed the order and they're being shipped now. I guess it may be worth checking their site periodically.

flozuki

If you're still looking for the Villains, they're up at Journeys and they look to have international shipping. Dunno about the cost though.

http://www.journeys.com/product/408777

Thank you (and everyone else that mentioned Journeys and suggested they have international delivery). Was already a bit sad that my wife and our little one are getting their shoes (without that they know about their luck yet ;-) while I was unable to get the villains one. Will probably also get the Duck Hunts, both look nice (actually I like almost all but let´s not get overboard with buying all of them^^).

ozfunghi

I got the Duckhunt Vans, my daughter got the Mario all-stars i think, my son got the NES controllers, and my GF wanted those as well, but they were sold out. This was two weeks ago.

flozuki

Mines arrived yesterday :) The bad news is that I had to pay 30€ extra for Customs (to Spain), so I ended up paying 110€ in total... That's the highest price I've paid for a pair of sneakers :/ Now I've learned my lesson for the future.

XQGAdE7.png

Where did you order them?

Hitta93

Banned

XQGAdE7.png

Like I really wish I didn't find out about these yesterday because this would have been double copped.

PMS341

Really wish I could find the Old Skool in 11 or 12. Always thought the design was subtle enough to go with a bit of stuff.

Shame its sold out in anything other than below 6.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Barely worn mine for a week (weather in Britain has been horrible so I've dared not wear them until recently) and the side are coming off the fabric so I may have to look into trading them in. Unfortunately they were the Schuh exclusive Mario pair and, at least on the website, they're not listed anymore. :/

Eilt

Neo Member
I'm dying to find those greyscale Nintendo icon ones, I was able to get the Zelda slip ons and the Villain B&W for the lady but I need those greyscale ones in my life. Hoping I get lucky checking the Vans site for a restock soon!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Urgh. So went to swap my pair at Schuh since they told me the Mario pair was in stock in store, but it turns out they meant the tie dye ones and of course the ones I want are out of stock everywhere. Guess I have to email Vans about the fault telling them I've already talked to the place I purchased them (which is who companies always tell you to talk to) and perhaps hope the rumours of the July restock turn out to be true.

Guess this is the problem with limited editions.

Top Bottom