• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Nintendo 2DS

Dawg

How is the screen quality?

Same as the OG 3DS (3d off obviously :p) if you ask me.

image2gsml.jpg

imagenos2h.jpg

imagetdspo.jpg

Dawg

Would you recommend it to someone who finds the OG 3DS a bit uncomfortable?

I don't care much about the mono speaker, and as much as I enjoy 3D, I can live without it.

Most certainly. I always found the OG 3ds a bit too small but this fits both of my hands perfectly. Mono is the only thing that I consider a small negative, so if you don't care bout that, I would definitely give this one a try.

Dawg did you think that the top screen was pretty sharp/crisp? That's been a concern of mine. I like my 3ds xl with the 3d off but I was wondering if you thought this was crisper than that.

Dawg

Dawg did you think that the top screen was pretty sharp/crisp? That's been a concern of mine. I like my 3ds xl with the 3d off but I was wondering if you thought this was crisper than that.

Well, I brought my Fire Emblem game cart since I've been playing that on my XL. I didn't notice any huge difference, but the smaller top screen hides the "pixel effect" more. You know, the bigger XL screen kinda makes it more obvious or something :p

Well, I brought my Fire Emblem game cart since I've been playing that on my XL. I didn't notice any huge difference, but the smaller top screen hides the "pixel effect" more. You know, the bigger XL screen kinda makes it more obvious or something :p
Cool. Any photos of the top screen?

CPCunha

Wait, how do you check the secondary screen?
Nintendo is out of their goddamn minds.

Someone fire Iwata asap, plz!

Calm down Celine, it's nothing but a hoax... but a good idea nonetheless. I guess the concept revolves around connecting the device to other device you already own... for instance connect it to your ipad so that becomes the second screen (or primary, i don't know screen hierarchy in the DS family.)

Celine

Calm down Celine, it's nothing but a hoax... but a good idea nonetheless. I guess the concept revolves around connecting the device to other device you already own... for instance connect it to your ipad so that becomes the second screen (or primary, i don't know screen hierarchy in the DS family.)
Gasp, that was close.

I was kidding, of course it was a hoax :)

The idea that a toy company like Nintendo would revolve their business around toys produced by other companies is a bit bizarre, to say the least.

Well, after seeing the pics and video, I gotta admit... I'm liking it. My original ds-fat is finally due for a replacement, I think this just might fit the bill!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That white 2DS actually looks kind of awesome.
It was funny, two days ago I went to preorder the new pokemon game and the guy at Gamestop asked me if I had heard about the 2DS. I think he was looking for me to kind of shut it down in a self-superior way. But I said it just seems like its for children and that theres no hinge, etc. Anyway, seeing it's "slate" formfactor and knowing that its just one big screen really does make me anticipate Nintendo's handheld future. I envision just a smaller Wii-U gamepad type device with a capactive touchscreen and a relatively modern ARM cpu. Hell, maybe they could even use the Wii-U tech and have the device stream TO the tv via a small dongle or something.

IDK, Nintendos technological path seems clear to me. Now if they can just make some compelling software...

Rich!

Fair enough, but it looks like they aren't directly selling the WiiU right now.

The Wii U is a bomb of catastrophic proportions. Can you blame them? On topic:

Nintendo 2DS Handheld Console (Black and Blue)
by Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo 3DS | Rated: Unknown
Price: £109.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This item will be released on October 12, 2013.
Pre-order now.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E4LGJ3I/

Eric C

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ot16ovj.png[/IMG]

Best Buy Canada already fucking up the 2DS

Nintendo's going to have to start putting both the 2DS & 3DS logo on 3DS game boxes

5TqLa4p.png

so parents and store employes will know what games the 2DS can play

...and then they'll probably STILL have people wondering why 2DS games won't play on the DS.

Top Bottom