• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Yoshi's Woolly World [Wii U] for 2015

Vertti

I wait this game more anxiously than Xenoblade X. Nintendo has really delivered with Wii U. Only Kirby was slightly disappointment in the gameplay department thou even that game looks fantastic.

Really don't care if it's easy or not but hopefully the level desing is variated. Hopefully we get some new level themes and not only recycled ones from older yoshi games.

Probably because NoA needs to make sure that the supplies of the Yarn Yoshi amiibo are in control before they release the game on the world's largest amiibo market.

I've been saying this for awhile now. It makes sense and is the likely reason. It sucks that toys are the reason a video game is being delayed (and I love Amiibos).

Ive never really been interested in 1st party Nintendo games with the exception of the Zelda series but I plan on getting this game day 1. Looks absolutely adorable and beautiful.

jariw

Ive never really been interested in 1st party Nintendo games with the exception of the Zelda series but I plan on getting this game day 1. Looks absolutely adorable and beautiful.

You should consider Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as well. That game absolutely matches that description, although it seems like it get some serious competition from Yoshi for the no. 1 spot now.

You should consider Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker as well. That game absolutely matches that description, although it seems like it get some serious competition from Yoshi for the no. 1 spot now.

Maybe I'll check it out! I've never played a mario game or really any nintendo platformer (feel free to gasp lol) but I got Yoshi's island free with this years club nintendo rewards and I really enjoyed it, and after seeing some previews on this game it has be excited.

Peltz

Maybe I'll check it out! I've never played a mario game or really any nintendo platformer (feel free to gasp lol) but I got Yoshi's island free with this years club nintendo rewards and I really enjoyed it, and after seeing some previews on this game it has be excited.

You should definitely check out other platformers by Nintendo EAD. They make some great stuff.

Holy shit, buy Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

TreIII

Will echo the sentiment that laments that this wasn't a true 3D platformer. A new 3D platformer would've been an awesome thing to see, and might have been the thing that truly lifts the Yoshi series out of the "middling" tier its been in for the last few years.

That aside, this game looks amazing.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Europe gets it at the end of June. Japan gets it at the middle of July. And us Americans have to wait until fall.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an August release in NA. I know that's not "fall" but I really don't see this as a late September game (since they've been hyping up Mario Maker), nor do I see them pushing this as a big release when it makes more sense for things like Fatal Frame V, Star Fox, Xenoblade, and Devil's Third to be in those October-November-December slots. But perhaps it could come later and push one of those games earlier (or share with FFV in October).

Richie

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an August release in NA. I know that's not "fall" but I really don't see this as a late September game (since they've been hyping up Mario Maker), nor do I see them pushing this as a big release when it makes more sense for things like Fatal Frame V, Star Fox, Xenoblade, and Devil's Third to be in those October-November-December slots. But perhaps it could come later and push one of those games earlier (or share with FFV in October).

No way NoA is gonna give Fatal Frame or Devil's Third more marketing push than a game starring Yoshi. If anything your second scenario's more likely, NoA being NoA. Would love to be wrong tho.

Been playing this intensely in the last few days (well, at least during breaks from Splatoon) and I'm still undecided on how much I like it. It's sooooo pretty though (though I think Kirby still looks better).

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
No way NoA is gonna give Fatal Frame or Devil's Third more marketing push than a game starring Yoshi. If anything your second scenario's more likely, NoA being NoA. Would love to be wrong tho.

Yeah, you're very right. I imagine that Nintendo will probably drop most of these titles into the market with little fanfare. I figure most of the marketing budget this year is going to Splatoon/Mario Maker/Star Fox/whatever the 3DS holiday title is. If I assume everything is ready whenever I want it to be (lol), this is probably what I'd expect:

Devil's Third (August or September), Mario Maker (September), Yoshi's Woolly World (October), Fatal Frame V (late October), Star Fox (November), Xenoblade Chronicles X (November or December).

I see Devil's Third as this year's The Wonderful 101.

Top Bottom