• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

78wsOUp.gif

Amazing.

Ebay prices on these are getting pretty crazy. Some of them are shill bidders, but some look legit. Going rate seems to be in the $300s now.

Crazy.

edit:

like this guy with 162 feedback just bit 910, what is he thinking?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-En...061265?hash=item2ef7279211:g:ThgAAOSw44BYJCNP

GeeDuhb

I'm fucking set. My buddy at Gamestop held me one while there were 30 sad sack of souls waiting in the cold for 8 units and snagged my 3rd controller.

I'm an asshole with an NES classic for my son. I'll take that.

They get paid minimum wage. He won't care.

I don't get people like you. Does your life suck so much that you have to come rub salt in the wounds of those who didn't get one just to make yourself feel better? You have no social sense of how to treat others.

Sigh..... leading up to switch I'm not overly encouraged by how they've (mis) managed this situation. And a shortage of SNES Mini come holiday 2017 may cause rioting. Get it together, Nintendo.

What laws have been broken? I didn't steal the thing.

No laws at all.

I think everyone is upset at you gloating, calling people who stood in line as"sad sacks", etc. You obviously don't care about that at all so is it any wonder people seem to take offense at your posts?

You could have said I got one from a pal and left it at that.

Kyrios

Ah well, there's always next time. Knowing my luck I'll find it when I'm walking around a Target or something. That's how I got my PS4 lol

Persona7

Banned
Sigh..... leading up to switch I'm not overly encouraged by how they've (mis) managed this situation. And a shortage of SNES Mini come holiday 2017 may cause rioting. Get it together, Nintendo.

lol better hope you can get to a gamestop within minutes of pre-orders going up. It's going to be a shit show.

Well, at least I managed to get in on Target's (apparently not allowed) pre-order and will be getting one on Monday (WHY. I could literally walk to where it is currently and get it faster T_T) I am really bummed I couldn't pick up one for my friend. He was super excited for this and JUST barely missed it in line this morning, and has no web access at work so couldn't possibly order one... Hopefully they get a new shipment in fast enough.

Cmon Nintendo that things so small it use like a six pack of plastic and old ass games and there's a shortage and people are fighting and shit wtf

Erekiddo

It's been done, paid for at 9am 👍🏼

You sound like a real class act.

I did this legit and have one coming to me from both Amazon and Target, but I didn't resort to bragging about it here. You've referred to people as poor souls, made fun of people making minimum wage and admitted you have a friend that committed a crime to pull this off for you. All within 10 minutes!

Veitsev

agreed. I wanted it for the novelty. At the end of the day its essentially a fucking emulator.

The mass market has no idea what an emulator is. Even if you explained it they wouldn't trust themselves to install one. The console is also priced more than fairly, like a toy rather than hi-tech. $60 is well into impulse buy territory.

rubes7844

Banned
I don't get people like you. Does your life suck so much that you have to come rub salt in the wounds of those who didn't get one just to make yourself feel better? You have no social sense of how to treat others.
My life doesn't suck at all.

Sorry that you guys didn't get one, but I take advantage of the opportunities that are provided for me.

Kaladin

What laws have been broken? I didn't steal the thing.

I bet if I went to your Gamestop at the next big midnight launch and told everyone waiting outside that the employees at that store held units for their friends so if you didn't pre-order (or in this case, couldn't) you probably won't get one, that Gamestop would lose customers that would never return.

Justinh

Amazing.

Ebay prices on these are getting pretty crazy. Some of them are shill bidders, but some look legit. Going rate seems to be in the $300s now.

Crazy.

edit:

like this guy with 162 feedback just bit 910, what is he thinking?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-En...061265?hash=item2ef7279211:g:ThgAAOSw44BYJCNP

I cannot bring myself to believe that these are "actual" sales. I wonder if the sellers are using other accounts "buying" them in order to inflate the price or something.

People are dumb, but they can't be that dumb right?
5dIqcbu.jpg

dcassell

Banned
Was this not exactly how the Wii was released and led to tons of success? Scarcity followed by everyone trying to get their hands on it for the holiday season? It's so damn bad for the consumer, but hopefully it does well. I'd love to see similar things from them in the future for other consoles.

rubes7844

Banned
I bet if I went to your Gamestop at the next big midnight launch and told everyone waiting outside that the employees at that store held units for their friends so if you didn't pre-order (or in this case, couldn't) you probably won't get one, that Gamestop would lose customers that would never return.
They'd probably tell each other: "who the fuck is this crazy motherfucker yelling all this shit? Call the cops "

GeeDuhb

wow these days really bring out the true colors in people.

Right? The world has gone to shit, seriously. So many shitty people are in it for themselves and have no care or compassion about their fellow humans. Social media is largely to blame. Once people get a taste of being shitty people while hiding behind the veil of their computer screen, it is all down hill from there.

Sorry that you guys didn't get one, but I take advantage of the opportunities that are provided for me.

yeah...take advantage, then jump online to have you e-peen stroked. fuck outta here. bragging about having a friend break the rules for you. somebody stood outside and got fucked by you and your friend.

Was this not exactly how the Wii was released and led to tons of success? Scarcity followed by everyone trying to get their hands on it for the holiday season? It's so damn bad for the consumer, but hopefully it does well. I'd love to see similar things from them in the future for other consoles.

With how fast it sold out here there must be dozens of NES Classics out in the wild at this point.

AgeEighty

Actually, it sounds like you kind of enjoy that other people got screwed because of your "opportunity", based on your phrasing.

I know you're going to feel good about it no matter what anyone says, but just don't expect to post here bragging about it and not get shat upon.

ROFISH

Neo Member
How hard is it for Gamestop or Amazon to just "shut up and take my money"? Preorders exist for this very reason of determining demand. I'm not even buying it for Christmas or anything, I just want one to show up at some point between now and the heat death of the universe.

Lets be honest most of us would take advantage but the simple fact is you're here gloating about how you screwed people over making it fairly obvious that its fine because you got yours. I'm sure many in this thread have also been people screwed by you doing what you're saying you did so yes people are going to be pissed at you.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So today seems to have been a complete wash on this one. Any idea when the next shipment is going to be available? I imagine there will be a fair number of units ready for Black Friday, but am I gonna have to do the Amiibo hunt all over again to find additional stock of this thing before then?

Sigma722

I cannot bring myself to believe that these are "actual" sales. I wonder if the sellers are using other accounts "buying" them in order to inflate the price or something.
[/IMG]

I agree, like that last one has to be fake. I guess you are working with yourself, you can't report yourself... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom