• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeDuhb

My life doesn't suck at all.

Sorry that you guys didn't get one, but I take advantage of the opportunities that are provided for me.

Fine, take advantage of the opportunities all you want. When you do, keep it to yourself. There is no need to come around and belittle others. No one cares that you got one, so your update was unnecessary.

NeOak

Sorry that you guys didn't get one, but I take advantage of the opportunities that are provided for me.

It's not that you got one. It's the gloating over fucking others in your posts.

Had you said "Managed to get one for my son at Gamestop" and left it there. But no, you had to make fun of the people in line.

BorntoPlay

Now i need a cold beer to celebrate...lol

yuTrMx2.png

fernoca

I cannot bring myself to believe that these are "actual" sales. I wonder if the sellers are using other accounts "buying" them in order to inflate the price or something.

People are dumb, but they can't be that dumb right?
5dIqcbu.jpg
Some are purchased by troll accounts that never pay.

Others are are purchased by alt accounts of the seller, to drive up demand and raise overall prices.

Some are from actual customers though.

Randam

You sound like a real class act.

I did this legit and have one coming to me from both Amazon and Target, but I didn't resort to bragging about it here. You've referred to people as poor souls, made fun of people making minimum wage and admitted you have a friend that committed a crime to pull this off for you. All within 10 minutes!
Maybe Lionel will check the thread one more time.

Look,

If you guys got one of these things, cool. If you got more than one, whatever. If you want to share your success, great. If you want to obviously try to make other users jealous in this thread of people who were excited to get one of these things--- that's your call, but nobody should be pissed off if their attempts to make other users on this site feel bad earns some sort of moderation.

Just saying.

rubes7844

Banned
I apologize bros. I didn't mean for me to gloat, I'm just pretty damn psyched about it. I'm not scalping anything, they're Christmas gifts to loved ones. Once again, I apologize.

StewboaT_

I for one appreciate the hilarity that you've brought to this thread. People are way too damn sensitive these days. If I had the same opportunity to snag one like that I would do it 100%

In this case, having a friend perform an act that could get him fired( and it should) just so you can be your son's hero on Christmas day. Lord knows what life lessons you're imparting on him. The ends justify the means, by any means necessary, and fuck you I got minez?. I hope your son enjoys it, little does he know how much of a dick his dad had to be in order to get it.

I for one appreciate the hilarity that you've brought to this thread. People are way too damn sensitive these days. If I had the same opportunity to snag one like that I would do it 100%

Empathize, please.

You're outside for five hours, waiting in line for a product.

A guy walks past you into the store and picks up the item you've been waiting for....because his buddy is the store manager.

Tell me if that would upset you. If you genuinely cannot put yourself in the shoes of someone dealing with that situation, you lack empathy and I feel bad for you.

If you'd take advantage of that opportunity, fine, whatever. But why you would brag about it to people on this forum who got nothing today is beyond me.

MrNelson

Banned
I apologize bros. I didn't mean for me to gloat, I'm just pretty damn psyched about it. I'm not scalping anything, they're Christmas gifts to loved ones. Once again, I apologize.

In all honesty, you really could have just left out your story and people would have been happy for you. You only did that to incense people and you know it.

People don't like it when someone rubs their fortune in their face at the expense of others. Who'd of thought?

KaYotiX

Banned
I missed out but I can wait, I feel bad for the ppl paying more than the retail price for this. This thing will be everywhere within a month.

MisterHero

Was this not exactly how the Wii was released and led to tons of success? Scarcity followed by everyone trying to get their hands on it for the holiday season? It's so damn bad for the consumer, but hopefully it does well. I'd love to see similar things from them in the future for other consoles.
Someone can correct me but IIRC Wii sold multiples of PS3 and 360 at their respective launches. Something like millions [in the launch months] vs. hundreds of thousands. So it's not the same. I bet you could preorder Wiis too. And supply was replenished quickly. Well, faster than Nintendo's latest hot items anyways.

I'll bring this up again, Pokemon GO+ hasn't been available in a mainstream capacity two months after launch. Nintendo doesn't want extra inventory, but they're losing customers and leaving money on the table.

wiibomb

Now i need a cold beer to celebrate...lol

how is it possible I didn't even see the page available anytime and some guys got 2, 3, 4 o 5 of these and other got the fanciness of getting the controller even...

oh well, gotta continue watching... someday... someday

Koppai

You are just backtracking. I don't accept your apology. Congratulations to those who got their systems fair and square. And don't buy into the scalpers guys.

ChrisD

I did not see this demand coming

I saw it from a mile away. It's this year's amiibo/Smash Bros. Gamecube Controller Adapter

I just hope that the stock is refilled before Christmas, unlike the way things went with those.

Also hoping my Uncle's pre-orders from Target don't somehow screw up. He said there was a shipping notice, so I'm crossing my fingers. He ordered two; one for him, one for me (well, our house, but nobody else will play it but me). If that somehow prevents us from getting even one, well... I'll be sad. :(

I'm already kind of "sad" that I didn't pay for the things. I intended on gifting it to him, not the other way around. But he's the one that caught the pre-order window, and he jumped on it. :c

OmegaFax

I ended up getting a controller from Amazon.

Nintendo needs to communicate better with retailers. I don't think Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, or Wal-Mart wanted to do pre-orders because they couldn't guarantee any actual numbers on what Nintendo was sending them.

This is the same situation that's happened time and again with Amiibo, special edition 3DS consoles (Majora's Mask New 3DS comes to mind), and that GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U.

It's come down to retailers cancelling pre-orders or turning away customers which is bad business. Some retailers have given customers gift cards (Majora's Mask 3DS) in order to keep business. I don't think retailers like this. When you think about it, Nintendo's shown the least gratitude or remorse for undershipping their products. Retailers have had to take the blow because NIntendo either point fingers to the retailer or tell the customer to simply be better at refreshing their browser or being in front of a retailer two hours before they open if they want to by their products.

Nintendo's marketed the absolute hell out of this thing. They've sent review units to a number of publications. Their PR department has some vague idea of who to give them to and their reach (in subscribers).

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Amazon.....really? Bowser? you got fucking jokes?

l4HTdMe.png

Fuck you, Bowser! I knew this was your fault! I bet Ganon had a hand in it too! Fuckers.

I don't actually need it right now, so I'll just wait until December. I tried to pre-order it from Target back when it was first announced, but no luck. I had hoped being a Prime Member would come in handy for stuff like this, but nothing. Ah well.

GeeDuhb

You are just backtracking. I don't accept your apology. Congratulations to those who got their systems fair and square. And don't buy into the scalpers guys.

YES! THIS!

I can't emphasize enough, don't do it. Don't reward them with money for doing this shit. Wait at least a month and try to snag one in the restocks.

AgeEighty

And if you came here and bragged about it afterwards, you'd get the same reaction.

It's not "sensitivity" to not want to have someone else's success at your expense rubbed in your face.

Kaladin

I feel like Nintendo simply under estimated the demand for retro. My hope is this demand causes them to make more retro items like a retro SNES.

I managed to snag two today (TRU and Frys in store pickup). One is for me and the other is an xmas gift. Many thanks to the gaffers who shared these links and helped me get these in the wee hours of the morning!

dcassell

Banned
Someone can correct me but IIRC Wii sold multiples of PS3 and 360 at their respective launches. Something like millions [in the launch months] vs. hundreds of thousands. So it's not the same. I bet you could preorder Wiis too. And supply was replenished quickly. Well, faster than Nintendo's latest hot items anyways.

I'll bring this up again, Pokemon GO+ hasn't been available in a mainstream capacity two months after launch. Nintendo doesn't want extra inventory, but they're losing customers and leaving money on the table.

Yeah that's totally fair. I was 14 when the Wii came out, and didn't have any financial ability to purchase it until a year after release, just remembered that EVERYONE in my town who wanted one said it was impossible to find. Just reminded me of this predicament, I wasn't sure if my assessment was true or not. I remember that you couldn't find a Wii for months after initial release, and purchasing one in August the year after release was still a crapshoot in my town. I had to call stores to see if stuff was in stock and all that.

I was driving to work this morning, when my wife called and yelled at me to pull over and order it because it was on Amazon's Treasure Truck in Seattle. So I picked mine up at noon, no fuss, no muss. I assumed I wasn't getting one until next year sometime.

Sounds like the second controller is going to be hard to find, though?

StewboaT_

Empathize, please.

You're outside for five hours, waiting in line for a product.

A guy walks past you into the store and picks up the item you've been waiting for....because his buddy is the store manager.

Tell me if that would upset you. If you genuinely cannot put yourself in the shoes of someone dealing with that situation, you lack empathy and I feel bad for you.

If you'd take advantage of that opportunity, fine, whatever. But why you would brag about it to people on this forum who got nothing today is beyond me.
I would never wait outside for 5 hours for a product like this, so ya, it's hard to empathize. Look, I get it, it's a crappy situation but shit happens and this guy got hooked up. That's life. Please don't feel bad for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom