• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

zroid

Banned
wait.

wait...

WHAT THE F

RHF JAPANESE SOUNDTRACK!? @_@

despair.jpg

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
spoiler : MH is of interest to the hardcore - but without MAJOR changes the rest of the west will ignore this game. GUARANTEED.

Rehynn

Some people say Nintendo should get native speakers of English to do these videos (and live conferences), but screw that, I appreciate the effort Iwata and Shibata put into this.

Heroes of Ruin looks pretty good!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
spoiler : MH is of interest to the hardcore - but without MAJOR changes the rest of the west will ignore this game. GUARANTEED.

Mayor changes ? They just need to integrate an online mode and im sure it`ll do very well on 3DS. Wii version already sold well and it will probably sell better on 3DS.

zroid

Banned
Some people say Nintendo should get native speakers of English to do these videos (and live conferences), but screw that, I appreciate the effort Iwata and Shibata put into this.

It should have been perfectly understandable to all but the reddest of necks.

kenji

I think I'll never understand why people desperately want MHtriG, I mean there's MHTri on Wii and other chapters on PSP, why insisting on this one?

I think I'll never understand why people desperately want MHtriG, I mean there's MHTri on Wii and other chapters on PSP, why insisting on this one?

Why do people want to play the latest entry of something on their new hardware? Well shit, better call Iwata up and tell him not to bother with New Super Mario 2, people already have it for their DS and Wii.

zroid

Banned

Well aside from the fact that there's added content to arguably one of the best MH games, I think it's about the principle of the series continuing to get localized.

I know, right? I mean there are also like one million Call of Duty's, Halo's, Mario's and God of War's out there. Why would people get excited over new entries in those franchises? Weeeiiiird.

Yeah, it might be distracting when they are talking about Pokémon Black Virgin and Pokémon White Virgin, but you can't fault people for making an effort.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well it's nice that the person who runs the company takes the time to make this type of video rather then some no name presenter with a mic that other gaming companies tend to use.

Nibel

MH Tri =/= MH PSP =/= MH Tri-G

And if you'll never understandt that, well, then you have a problem

kenji

Well aside from the fact that there's added content, I think it's about the principle of MonHun games continuing to get localized.

If I'd be a MH fan I think I'd actually wait directly for MH4, added content is always cool but it's not something that is worth 40~ euro, in my opinion

edit: holy shit guys, just relax :|

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If I'd be a MH fan I think I'd actually wait directly for MH4, added content is always cool but it's not something that is worth 40~ euro, in my opinion

edit: holy shit guys, just relax :|

Thats the problem i guess.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The G expandalones' content is at least a third of a game's worth, since it's another extra higher difficulty rank plus new beasts and other features and tweaks. Considering people play MonHun games for hundreds of hours that's pretty sizable, often more hours than other all new games, and helps ease the wait for the next full sequel. It's not hard to understand, even if you're not a fan.

Of course if you're not a fan what it is or isn't worth to you is irrelevant.

No clue what you mean about the other games on other systems... You're ok with not getting new games in a series you love just because you can still get the older games from 5+ years ago (the localised PSP games are tweaked PS2 ports) that lack features and refinements introduced in later entries (not to mention the possibility you may have already played them to death anyway)?

It would certainly be ideal if G content was just say, half price DLC, but why would Capcom do that as long as fans believe there's enough value to pay for new copies? Of course, it's also not actually possible when the G game is on a different platform than the non G version, as is the case here. Those who want to get it cheaper can always skip the normal game and just get the G game a year later, or buy both of them discounted 6 months after their release. I don't see much of an issue regardless.

kenji

Thats the problem i guess.
you're probably right, but it is the same for me with all the games I like and love, maybe MH is just different

and just to clarify, I don't give a shit about CoD or Halo, and New Mario 2 is a disappointment for me because of that artstyle

x alextended: yeah, I understand it, but I still don't think its something worth a full price, sorry :X

watershed

Banned
Now that ND has shown quite a bit of 3ds content what do you think nintendo has in store for the platform at E3? I'm guessing:

NSMB2 trailer/demo/blowout

AC 3ds blow out

typical 3rd party sizzle reel

and one surprise announcement, maybe that zelda 3ds game Miyamoto hinted at.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Dual audio for Rhythm Paradise? Damn, that's the second time I get burned for being impatient: first I got the original Japanese Tatsunoko thinking it would never see the light of day in Europe : turns out it did and that was the superior version; I got Rhythm Tengoku Wii day 1 when I was in Japan thinking I would never get Japanese audio in Europe; again, I was wrong. I bet it will be much cheaper in Europe too.

Oh well, at least I've got the Manzai game. I don't think the European version will get it.

Nintendo of Europe has been kicking ass as far as the Wii is concerned. Who would have thought PAL-land would be the land of superior versions?

Top Bottom