• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

3DS will get its fair share of E3 love. Even though WiiU is coming it's still important to keep the 3DS train going steady.

I hope so. For this year we've got unannounced dates for Luigi's Mansion, probably Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, maybe Fire Emblem, and Mario. That's a pretty heavy line-up. Maybe there is room for a big surprise?

3DS will get its fair share of E3 love. Even though WiiU is coming it's still important to keep the 3DS train going steady.

Yeah, they don't want to lose any momentum they might have, but most of the conference will probably be about the Wii U.

zroid

Banned
I don't know about 3DS announcements at E3, but for sure a lot of games will be playable for the first time. Including but not limited to Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and NSMB2.

I think we will get some release dates for known quantities, but nothing really in the way of new games.

trinest

The 3DS will easily be overshadowed by the Wii U announcements at E3. I assume most of it at least from Nintendo will be already announced games like Animal Crossing and Mario.

I think Nintendo has Professor Layton 4, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Animal Crossing, and maybe Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion for the second half of the year. I think Paper Mario and possibly Luigi's Mansion are going to be pushed back into 2013.

botty

Banned
If the NoE Direct delivers we'll need to do Operation Iwatafall, to get a clone of Iwata in place of Reggie. Just 3 twits NoA... =_____=

Reggie's body isn't ready yet. e3 is where his body takes its true form, Wii Fit capable, and kicks ass, while taking names. Unlike Reggie, Iwata's body is always ready.

EDIT: I forgot about pokemon in the June. June belongs to Pokemon, August belongs to Mario. What's happening in July for 3DS?

If the NoE Direct delivers we'll need to do Operation Iwatafall, to get a clone of Iwata in place of Reggie. Just 3 twits NoA... =_____=
https://twitter.com/#!/RichIGN/status/193455442893094913

"we will be revealing info this evening and through the weekend"

Probably letting NOE have their share of announcements.

EDIT: I forgot about pokemon in the June. June belongs to Pokemon, August belongs to Mario. What's happening in July for 3DS?
Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm.

I think Nintendo has Professor Layton 4, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Animal Crossing, and maybe Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion for the second half of the year. I think Paper Mario and possibly Luigi's Mansion are going to be pushed back into 2013.
Pretty much expecting this. We might get a 1st party surprise or two (Kirby? DKC? Metroid?), or maybe a 3rd party pick up like DQ Monsters or Fantasty Life, but Nintendo's 2nd half for 3DS is already looking pretty packed.

watershed

Banned
What can we infer about AC 3ds now that we know its Japanese title? Also with it launching in Japan in fall has NOA said anything about it releasing in the US?

3D Classic Kirby.
Anniversary Kirby Wii disc.
New BW2 footage.
2 new Pokemon aps for 3DS.
Folders.
Patches.
Project X Zone trailer.
New DLC.
Tobidase Animal Crossing news.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 shots and release.

Not a bad ND. Not bad at all.

My bro JP 3DS got a Fire Emblem Swap puzzle I tried to streetpass him to get it my NA 3DS but it prevented me saying that I should get it through spotpass :mad: I want to know if Fire Emblem is coming to NA or not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
My bro JP 3DS got a Fire Emblem Swap puzzle I tried to streetpass him to get it my NA 3DS but it prevented me saying that I should get it through spotpass :mad: I want to know if Fire Emblem is coming to NA or not.

If stuff like Spirit Camera is coming, then Fire Emblem almost certainly is.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
By the way, here in Europe, I just got a new Streetpass Puzzle - Mario Tennis Open...

Gravijah

3D Classic Kirby.
Anniversary Kirby Wii disc.
New BW2 footage.
2 new Pokemon aps for 3DS.
Folders.
Patches.
Project X Zone trailer.
New DLC.
Tobidase Animal Crossing news.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 shots and release.

Not a bad ND. Not bad at all.

what did we hear about animal crossing?

Luigiv

tell me more about those patches i keep hearing about. just patches no added content?

For now, the first wave of patches is for bug fixes only. Theoretically, I see now reason why they couldn't eventually expand patches to additional content or gameplay tweaks.

Top Bottom